Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Chris Whitley cd Hotel Vast Horizon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  7:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that the new CW cd (for which he and Fluffy will be touring to support) is out on this Tuesday April 1st (no joke). I have class all day until 5pm, but I plan on heading right over to Best Buy after that to pick up Chris' new cd.

god
Kevin

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2003 :  9:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I read on the Chris Whitley website that if you volunteer to be part of his "task force" you can get free tickets to a show in your area. I think if you click on "on the road" you'll find the info...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2003 :  1:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh cool, jeez Kevin another cd! Hey Teri I will have to check out his site again. I want to see Chris when he comes to Philly on the 11th. I need to find out where the place is, not one I have been to before but probably passed by it afew TIMes.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2003 :  8:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's Heiko Schramm's (bass player) diary from the current CW tour:

Notes from the flight:

I like airports, I don't know why. Flying with Matthias from Frankfurt to N.Y. Delta Airlines flight 107 an old Boeing 767 with even older stewardesses who don't have the cold smile of their young colleagues anymore and who doing a dam hard job for 8 hours….Oh Lord my old fear of flying...many bad American beers for 4 bucks and a harsh landing on JFK.

Than Chris, we are standing outside smoking. His eyes tell me a story of his last couple days in N.Y. My joy to see him is mixed with something sad, sometimes...
Fluffy is the tour manager and a real good friend. I have missed him since the last Rocket House tour.
On the parking lot our Dodge, so small that we can barely call it minivan. We are driving straight ahead to Northampton, MA. Chris sits in the back of the van almost buried under his three guitars with the obligated coffee to go. We are listening to the Flaming Lips. Schramm as a taciturn person...
Nothing could be more relaxing at the moment than the motor under my ass and to be on the road.
Clarion Hotel Northampton after a 25 hours trip from Europe:
I slowly come down.

April the 6th:

Today the first show in the Iron Horse.
We get to know the support band, Johnny Society, old friends of Chris, very nice people. Their music: very powerful with soul roots, songs that take you for a moment in a better world without being retro or superficial and we?
Like always before the show- not so many talks more looks and tension in my body.
The club is not very big, we can find our sound.
We are playing some songs from the new record and some older ones as well. The new songs are common to me because I recorded them but the many of the old songs I play for the first time. Rehearsing is one thing but you can only really feel the songs on the stage with Chris.
I cannot talk about the show much more; my head is on stand by sometimes.
The audience is sitting and eating giant steaks but in their eyes and with their response I can see that we got them.
Chris plays Newmachine. I never have heard it so light and floating before.............
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  4:31:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Teri, where did you find this journal? I was wondering if there are more of these that have been updated.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  4:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, I never saw any more reviews. To view this one go to :

www.chriswhitley.com/newSite/main.html and then click on On th Road, then there is a part that says, First review of Northhampton Show, click here which you do. Hope this helps you

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  7:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ahh, thanks, well I'll be sure to post my review of next week's show.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000