Hey... Fishman Rare Earth or Martin Thinline GOld
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dispatch
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2001 :  8:46:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dispatch's Homepage  Send Dispatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone... Should I get the fishman rare earth humbucker put in my acoustic or Martin Thinline Goldplus? I will be playing in a band with it so it neds to be loud.
Thanks

WILL gRAEFE

jid1019
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2001 :  6:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Send jid1019 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey dude,
If you're gonna really be playing loud, and especially with a band, I'd definatly reccomend the ThinLine... reason being is the Rare Earth is VERY prone to ear shattering feedback at high volumes. Just make sure that you have someone install the ThinLine for you, you need to have the bridge slot whittled down just right, or it'll fuck up your action. I just bought a L.R. Baggs iBEAM Active for my guitar, and I love it, you might want to look into those, they simply stick on to the inside of the guitar just under the bridge plate inside the soundhole. It's pretty damn accurate out of a PA too.
Good luck,

- the OTHER Isaac

Go to Top of Page

jid1019
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2001 :  6:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Send jid1019 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoops, I forgot to mention, that the iBEAM will feedback, but not nearly as much as the Fishman.

Go to Top of Page

Dispatch
Is Anybody Here?

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2001 :  7:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dispatch's Homepage  Send Dispatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok thanks. The thinline is 120.00 without installation so how much do you think it will cost installed?

will Graefe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000