D&T Shows (current)...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2003 :  02:02:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When anyone gets their hands on a D&T show, lemme know for the ftp, so we can all benefit from it. It would be nice to put some more new stuff in the ftp, especially something like this, for some more variety to download.

I would really appreciate it, and so would everyone else! Thanks a lot!!! Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2003 :  02:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know all the DM fans here know about every download site for these shows since the live recording ring is so friggin big for DM!!! LOL

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  06:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got Disc 3...
Will update

Jason

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2003 :  12:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got 2003-03-19 if you want it..

Just drop me an email..

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  4:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LSD: Mail call!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2003 :  4:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I have 3 sources of 03-19, and this just in: 2003-03-20

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  1:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got quite a few now. I am just finishing another, too.
*A couple of the shows I've downloaded/burned and listen to SEVERAL sources.
I've only listed the BEST source from each show, if I had more than one. I guess I'll put an * next to shows that have multiple sources (NOTE: These are only the ones that I've had access to, at the time I posted)

*3/19/03 Oakdale - Taper: Eric Naylor <WOW>(TIGHT, JAZZ TIGHT)
--------------------------------------------
*Have heard 3 sources. There may be a Scott Brown recording floating around -or- soon to be --> Might be the only that could be even close to Naylor.
===========================================

*3/20/03 Ryan Center - Taper: Chris Jones (Very Very Good)
-------------------------------------------
*Have heard 2 sources. Am looking for Eric Naylor and Scott Brown sources (don't even know if they exist?). Would be happy with this one, BUT the aforementioned Naylor source is SO perfect - hardly any annoying crowdnoise <Those damn people make me want shoot myself>

3/22/03 Radio City Music Hall - Taper: Ryan Hoyt (Not real good)
-------------------------------------------
This is the ONLY source I've yet to see and hear. Don't think the poor quality has anything to do with the source --> Mic Stands were not allowed. Perhaps one of the 'Elite' tapers got to clip onto the stage or something, about our only hope.

That's all FOR NOW. Will advise, if any new stuff comes.

***Give me an e-mail, if you have a fast server --> AND will make these shows freely available to my fellow friends - here on the T.R. board (even if they've nothing to share with you)

Peace,
Jason Drewes

Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  4:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jones rules 3-19 and 3-20 IMO.. Hoyt was the only RCMH I've heard so far.

As far as 3-20 Naylor was just about as good as Jones, and Brown had 2 sources.. The first one recorded directly to a laptop, sucked ass, lots of noise, and the 2nd one is "OK". I dont recommend you waste your time, unless you are gonna compare the Naylor to Jones.

Have you heard any clips from west point? I would imagine it sounds like Hoyt RCMH...

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  4:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone! The 3-19-03 show is up the the ftp (by around 6:00 PM eastern). 3-20 and 3-22 are uploading thanks to LSD. So, anyone who wants these shows are in the ftp. The other 2, most likely will finish later. Thanks and enjoy! Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  8:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Naylor's 3/19 is by far the best.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  9:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed my mind, West Point is awesome.. There is some noise every now and then, but other than that, its a great recording.

Its AT933 (Stealthed from a hat), from seats right in front of timmy..

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  09:42:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
3-19 Oakdale Theatre & 3-22-03 Radio City Music Hall are up in the ftp. Each is 3 discs. Enjoy!

Thanks LSD

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  6:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished downloaded 3-23.. If you still want me to upload them, just let me know..

It's not the at933 version, its another with a very humorous interception by the military police.. (Taping was not allowed)

Anyhow

-=Peace=-

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  7:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, upload them...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  8:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Go here
http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=17

Bit Torrent is a easy way to get the shows. Read teh FAQ if you have any ?s.

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  10:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
prsmartin> I cant seem to connect anymore, This is the IP: 24.35.8.4, and this is the port 2121, right? I havent changed anything on my end..

Gravedigger> are they paying you to promote Bit Torrent? j/k

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  1:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
edit: whoops, my mistakem he didnt tape that night :(

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  2:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can never get on the server...always get some error :(

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  3:36:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To all with problems logging in. First of all, where are you logging in from? For example, are you at college? That makes a big difference 'cause college servers are extremely anal. Are you firewalled? Second of all, make sure that the "account" line is empty.

Do me a favor: copy the line on your ftp screen that gives the error. Either post it here or email it. If I can see the error, it might be easier. (This is the text at the bottm of WSFTP (or whatever) that says what you're doing---copy from that) Thanks guys. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  3:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im at home and i use smartFTP:
Resolving host name 24.35.8.4...
Connecting to (24.35.8.4).
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
Cannot login waiting to retry (120s)...

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  01:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Got it, problem solved. It wasn't scanning the port. Well, it was, but more randomly. Now its fixed. Sorry, try again. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  03:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New Best Recording of the Tour!

03-25-2003 George Wang Source

Nothing more than, Nothing More than
My Point of View,
Jason

Go to Top of Page

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  06:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prsmartin

Got it, problem solved. It wasn't scanning the port. Well, it was, but more randomly. Now its fixed. Sorry, try again. Later...

Still get it :(

db.etree.org/smyry52
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2003 :  08:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use CuteFTP, At home, No firewall, router assigns my IP by DHCP.. no proxy.
Just a straight connection..

ERROR:> Can't connect
ERROR:> Can't login. Still trying...

I'll keep trying..

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

LSD
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  3:34:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow!
2003-03-31 is awesome!

I vote for this show as the best setlist so far, anyone agree?

-=Peace=-
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  6:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LSD, do you have 3-31-03? If so could you upload it. I really want that show 'cause I went to Miami University of Ohio. Just curious. Thanks. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2003 :  3:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Best recording I've heard this tour is Brown's 3-29. Damn near perfect as far as I'm concerned.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2003 :  4:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just started listening to 3-28 Brown as well, and it's damn good. Not quite as good as Boone, but it's pretty amazing as well.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  04:55:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would have to say, without a question, the hands down best source of the tour is 3/29/03 VERNAL!!! Too bad that show, I feel, was one of Dave's WORST! He has his nights where he is TIGHT, JAZZ TIGHT - Like Tim. But also has his WAY WAY OFF NIGHTS and that was one of them.
Scott Brown's is so muffled it's kinda like nails on a chalkboard to me. He cut out all Highs (that's NEVER a good thing to do unless you're in rehab) and much of the mid-highs as well - no doubt he did this to completely cut out ALL audience noise (GOOD THING), but in doing so - took away all listening pleasure.
Brown's recording(s) do have one VERY IMPORTANT advantage, but again - the final recording's lack of dynamics, renders it useless... He set-up on the Stage Left Monitors - making it more Tim than Dave!!

Nothing More Than
Nothing More Than
My Point of View,
Jason Drewes

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  09:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I prefer Brown's to Vernal's. I've read both points of view and heard both arguments, I just prefer it.

Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2003 :  10:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Brown better too. I have both and they are both beautiful, I just like Brown 's better.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  1:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This show will be available later today or tomorrow.
It's my alma mater too (just FYI). Setlist available in the ftp, just dont have the time at the moment to post it. Its crazy here at work. Later...

3-31-2003
Miami University of Ohio
Oxford, OH

***This post is in the ftp thread as well, just thought I'd put it here since I made this thread for T&D stuff.***

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  1:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a few shows...3/25, 26, 28 and 29, along with CMU I believe. I can upload them if you're interested.

Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  1:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes I am very interested. I just haven't had the TIMe to BitTorrent them. Drop me an email if you would be so kind. This way I can get you a separate account. Thanks a lot. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: