A question about Tim (Fluffy)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2001 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering what Tim's favorite song, part of a song, or riff is his favorite to play? Also, what is the most technically challenging for him? Please respond when you get a chance.
Regards,
BJ

Boom Boom Doom

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2001 :  01:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To the top

Boom Boom Doom
Go to Top of Page

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2001 :  3:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Please keep this shit top. I really wnat to know the answer.
Regards,
BJ

Boom Boom Doom
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2001 :  05:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, I am gonna ask him next time I see him. May be a couple of days since we are on break. You don't have to keep it at the top. I will find it when I have an answer for you. I have made a note to ask him.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  03:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for your patience. I have asked and here are the answers.
Fave: To hard to say. He says he really doesn't have a fave. The most fun stuff for him to play are the improv pieces, because they are the most creative and interesting for him. He never knows where they will go or what they will become, so they are always the most interesting for him. On the last tour some of his favorite stuff he did on that tour were the encores at the Wetlands in NYC and Starr Hill in
C-ville.
Technically Challenging: Says they aren't all that difficult for him to play. Songs where he has to stretch his fingers out are a bit harder, but he doesn't write anything that is HARD for him to play. He says the hardest thing for him to play is "Stream", but that is more for personal + emotional reasons, not because it is difficult to play.

HEHE I loved that answer, It is so Tim!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  1:22:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Technically Challenging: Says they aren't all that difficult for him to play.

Is that statement nausiating to anyone else (in that good/awed kinda way)? Good god... maybe if I stick with it for another couple hundred years or so I might approach the realm of things not being difficult for me. Geez! My only question to that statement would be if nothing he plays is technically challenging, then what is? If that's just his average-skill kind of work, I certainly would love to hear him play something that he would consider a stretch, something that he DOES consider hard to play. Amazing.
-Jeff

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  8:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hear that.

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2001 :  8:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's cool to hear that Tim enjoyed those encores from the NYC and C'ville shows. I think they are cool as hell. I was a little bummed that the ring modulator didn't make an appearance at the so cal shows. If anyone hasnt heard Tim's songs with the Mooger Fooger, download "noise till it's over" off the FTP. It rocks!

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  7:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think Tim is at the point in his guitar playing where technical ability really is a non-issue, but that's just my opinion. He's truely a "master" of the guitar. Anything that would actually be remotely difficult for him to play would just be something with insane speed, where it just becomes physically impossible, both due to the guitar and human physiology, to do...much as a lot of stuff Tim plays is physically impossible for the majority of guitar players to do.

Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2001 :  01:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tim isnt just the "master"...hes the grandmaster...which of course is a chess term...for the best of the best chess players and such...well..just wanted to give tim a more distinguished term....
james

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000