Wow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  9:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can you pass 8th grade math?

http://encarta.msn.com/quiz/quiz.asp?QuizID=95

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2003 :  11:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Magna Cum Laude!
You clearly have a handle on what the Illinois State Board of Education thinks an 8th-grader should know.You got 19/19 correct.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  03:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
same here, hehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  6:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
100% and I'm in 8th grade. Hell ya! that was actually kinda easy compared to my school.haha
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  10:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
14/19 and im in 11th grade in supposedly one of the toughest private schools in the state.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  10:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey monkeyman, don't feel too bad, some of those are just stupid formulas and if you remember the formula you can just plug in the numbers. I teach 8th graders math, so I had darn well better know these, but honestly if I didn't teach it I would have forgotten most of the formulas or at least the less common ones.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2003 :  11:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yea plus i really dont take my time at all when things dont count. most of those things made perfect sense to me i just didnt take the time to work anything out on paper just did it all in my head. at least that math doesnt count for anything considering im going to be majoring in math when i get to college
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2003 :  12:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wanna say it's cause I've been drinking all day at my sister's wedding, but I know better....6/19...it's official, I'm brain-dead.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2003 :  9:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, i'm a 12th grader, let's see how well i do...

Plus i'm not taking my time to answer em...

11/19

no calculator and not really spending time on it, pretty bad still...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2003 :  9:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey spacemonkey, you are too much!hehe Don't feel bad, so math isn't your thing! I would hardly call you brain dead!People put way too much value on tests like these.

Bet you knew how many drinks you had at your sisters wedding and thats all the math ya need to know! Wait, whats that? You don't, damn, never mind, hehehe

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2003 :  9:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Apples and oranges. I would never have gotten the score I did w/o a calculator.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000