Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Julio Dinero debuts for NWA TNA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  10:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey FLUFFY, Thought you might find this interesting... Last night LIVE on PPV, Julio debuted on NWA TNA which is the #2 wrestling promotion in the US and is the only show giving any competition to the WWE. Here is the story as to how it happened from 1wrestling.com

Last night on NWA: Total Nonstop Action, Julio Dinero, formerly of ECW, and who recently has been working for XPW, made his debut in a match with Raven. However, when Dinero arrived at the building that day, it was for a dark match. An interesting chain of events led to him wrestling on the Pay-per-view.

The storyline for the show called for Raven to face a member of the X-Division as part of a challenge where he would face an X Division wrestler if AJ Styles faced the Sandman. The original plan was for Raven to face The Amazing Red. However, when Red, who was on tour with All Japan Pro Wrestling, was not going to return in time for the show, TNA brought in Jimmy Yang.

Yang, for reasons that are not clear, refused to sign a contract for the match. The contract was essentially a standard one show deal for the night, so TNA could put Yang on Pay-per-view. At 5:30pm, as they were opening the doors, Yang still had not agreed to sign the contract, so he was asked to leave the building, and Julio Dinero was give the opportunity to be on the show.

Yang, who had appeared on many editions of NWA:TNA in the past, in between tours of Japan, is not expected to be invited back to the show.

and here are some pictures from the NWA TNA website:

god
Kevin

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  10:41:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And people want to do this why?????? Man that's gotta hurt!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  10:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
By the way, I forgot to mention that Julio works with Fluffy at the 9:30 club and there is another thread about him that spawned in the Ywengie thread.

Pam... speaking for myself, it is the same reason that anyone does anything,, they love it. It does take a tremendous toll or your body, but both competetors are actually protecting each other, and the roar or the fans who appreciate what you do is a one of a kind feeling.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  02:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's HELLACIOUS!!!

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  2:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, just wondering if you ever saw this, since I have posted it, it seems as though Julio as made it to the big time. He is now a prominant member of the organization, and storyline wise, works closely with RAVEN, who is a huge name in the business.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  4:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for posting this, I was not aware. He hasn't mentioned it, maybe because he's to busy hehe. Anyway, that's great for him. He really does love the wrestling, but I would sure hate to lose him from the club if he made the bigTIMe, but I hope he does as that is what he really wants and deserves. On a Julio sidenote, I just made him a CD of a band he had been bugging me about for some TIMe. Max Webster. They are a Canadian band in the vein of Rush meets Zappa(lyrically anyway)with an amazing guitar player named Kim Mitchell who I think I have mentioned elsewhere on the board in the past. He liked it and I am making him 5 more CDs of their complete catalog. They even did a song with RUSH. Some people maybe familiar with that, it was called "Battle Scar".
quote:
and the duet with Rush, "Battle Scar". Working with Rush also led Dubois to co-writing one of their biggest hits in "Tom Sawyer" on the MOVING PICTURES album. Though Mitchell remains good friends with Rush to this day, it was partially Anthem's treatment of the band as Rush's "little brother-not to be taken too seriously" that led to Max's demise. Ironically it was while touring with Rush in 1981 that Mitchell told his bandmates before a show one night it would be his last time on stage as part of Max Webster. Though he was quoted as simply needing a vacation more than anything in retrospect, Mitchell would enjoy more commercial success as a solo artist than Max Webster ever did.
http://63.99.108.70/bios/max_webster.html

To my knowledge, it is the only TIMe RUSH has worked on a project other than as RUSH with all 3 members contributing to the side project as a band.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000