New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  9:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just put this here because the information is on the Tim side of the board and some of you might not notice. Check out Fluffy's message on that side of the board.

It seems TIM is pretty ill. Prayers, good vibes, well wishes I am sure would all be appreciated.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2003 :  05:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just read the email that was sent to those on the mailing list... and as PJK said... major prayers, best wishes, and good vibes are being sent to Tim, his family, and those involved with the tour.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  08:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So anyone know how Tim is doing now? I hope things are OK.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  08:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wondered the same thing. Thought we might hear from Fluffy but I guess not, which probably means there isn't much to say yet.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  08:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll keep sending good energy Tim's way.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  2:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Talked to TR today, and he says THANX for all the well wishes!! He is feeling slightly better and plans to see a doctor tomorrow. As of now, it is his ribs and shoulder that are causing him the most pain. He told me that had he made the shows in CO, he probably would have had to sit for the shows as it hurt to hold the guitar against his ribs. I am assuming this is due to the coughing. He said it even hurt to put the guitar strap over his shoulder as it caused his shoulder to rub his ribs and apparently this was extremely painful for him. Anyway, he says he is feeling better except for the pain in his chest ribs. Prolonged and countinuous coughing can caused bruised ribs and I am guessing that this is what he is suffering from. I have had that before and it is no easy pain to tolerate. Breathing hurts, and coughing KILLS. Hopefully, he will have a complete recovery soon. I think when he gets rid of the cough, his ribs will begin to heal. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and good vibes.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  3:14:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad TIM is feeling better and hope he's fully recovered soon.

Man, I'm happy all I have is a sore throat and an occasional cough!

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  3:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear he is feeling better. Liz had a similar problem last fall. I think she actually cracked her ribs or had a tear in the cartilage or something. Anyway I am sure she can relate to that too since hers was from coughing too. Sounds like it was wise to cancel the shows!

My prayers are still with you TIM!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  5:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update on TR's health, I was very worried, but now I'm glad to hear that its getting better. Hopefully thst trip to the doctor will help.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  7:02:04 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that message was like music to my ears. glad to hear its not getting worse

i am a warehouse member so i have been going onto their forums and posting what fluffy has been posting so they know whats happening and realize its not just a little cough and to stop thinking about the d&t shows over tims health
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  8:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the update on the situation fluffy. I hope tim feels better, and get's well soon enough. Get well soon Tim!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  8:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyman41

i am a warehouse member so i have been going onto their forums and posting what fluffy has been posting so they know whats happening and realize its not just a little cough and to stop thinking about the d&t shows over tims health

having lost faith in most of humanity including the general populous of dmb fans... its really nice to see you doing that. thanks

Fluffy - get my email?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  9:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i must say i had never gone into those boards but those people are really self centered. i have gotten a total of 1 response after 120 views of the message and that was somebody helping me bump the message up and hoping tim feels better
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  11:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second what Erich said, that it was really nice of you....and brave. I went over to nancies last week and while there were some really nice people the whole experience left me feeling like why bother. I guess that isn't the best attitude because as I said, there are some nice people over there. Just don't know if I could do it again or not.

Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2003 :  11:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i dont go to most boards because when people hear that im 16 and that i got tix to rcmh they just get pissed off and blame all their problems on me so i just dont go there. ive been keepin the updates on tims health at the top of the forums so people can see and their are people who are replying with their best wishes
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  12:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm ignorant. What's RCMH?
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  12:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Humm guess I missed something, so why is the fact that you are 16 and got tickets to rcmh pissing anyone off???? Hey wait, did you get the tickets that were meant for me, did you??? hehehe only kidding

I did try to get tickets at that venue but I don't really care that I didn't. I will see TIM again when he tours solo. No biggie.

But I do expect to hear a review of the show from you ok????

Funny that there are good people over there too, probably the majority, it is just that a few assholes ruin it. Ever notice how good is not equal to bad in the same proportion. It takes a lot more good to balance a small amount of bad.

Don't worry, no one here cares that you are sixteen and have tickets to the rcmh! In the words of the late Mr Rogers, We like you just the way you are!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  12:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teri, rcmh Radio City Music Hall, hehehe

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  12:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I knew it would be something intuitive...

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  12:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teri rcmh=Radio City Music Hall....ya know in NYC (New York City!) hehehe couldn't resist! Thats the venue where TIM/Dave are playing that I was trying to get tickets for us at. But it seems monkeyman 41 got OUR tickets!!! hehehe sorry MM41(monkeyman41) couldn't resist that either. Geez I am being a smartass tonight, sorry!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  06:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone care for a Flaming Moe ?

And is it just me, or are these FM's losing there apeal?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  06:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They were much better when they had the picture. Not the same effect without it.

Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  06:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Humm guess I missed something, so why is the fact that you are 16 and got tickets to rcmh pissing anyone off???? Hey wait, did you get the tickets that were meant for me, did you??? hehehe only kidding

I did try to get tickets at that venue but I don't really care that I didn't. I will see TIM again when he tours solo. No biggie.

But I do expect to hear a review of the show from you ok????

Funny that there are good people over there too, probably the majority, it is just that a few assholes ruin it. Ever notice how good is not equal to bad in the same proportion. It takes a lot more good to balance a small amount of bad.

Don't worry, no one here cares that you are sixteen and have tickets to the rcmh! In the words of the late Mr Rogers, We like you just the way you are!

the whole 16 thing just gets everyone going im a 5th year member i have been a fan since the beginning i deserve these tickets more
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  07:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it should matter if you are a one year or five year member of the warehouse, you did what all the other members did and you lucked out....that's life. Don't worry or feel you need to prove anything to them. They need to learn to just deal with it. (ofcourse I am not a member of the warehouse, never will be so I guess my opinion doesn't count, hehehe)

As for being 16, hey, I'm an "old" lady, I would be the LAST person to hold age against anyone. We have a lot of members here your age or close to it. You've come to the RIGHT place! Remember, respect knows no age.

Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  3:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont think seniority is the smartest thing for the warehouse especially in small venues like this tour. there are way to many members for seniority to work.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  5:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, didn't know that is how it is done. I don't see how this could have been done so all the "true" fans could get to see them. It is kind of like:

Good news: Huge amount of fans! Small venues!
Bad News: Huge amount of fans! Small venues!

Point is, you got tickets and you should be happy! Anyone who tries to make you feel otherwise about it, isn't much of a person.

BUT don't forget, I do expect to see your review of the show, hehe!!!!

Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  5:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
oh damn straight i am happy. this will be my first dave or dave and tim concert havent even seen the band which isnt a big deal considering the d&t shows are my favorite to listen to. i will have a review up as soon as i can
Go to Top of Page

monkeyman41
Try A Little Harder

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2003 :  11:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Send monkeyman41 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fluffy any updates on how tim is feeling. people on dmb boards are starting to realize that this is serious and are appreciating getting the updates. Of course I am giving credit to Tim's webmaster Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2003 :  12:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy killed Jon and took over the web design?! It's all over the Neurons misspelling isn't it? You take grammar even more seriously than I do!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000