TRelated Topics
 I hope a lot of TR fans got D+T tickets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gravedigger
Try A Little Harder

82 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  7:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gravedigger's Homepage  Send Gravedigger an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As a huge DMB fans i know how bad some of these crowds could be. Im worried Tims solos are basically going to turn into yell a DMB song time :(. The shows will be great, the crowds wont be. lets just hope more DMB fans then you think respect good music.

db.etree.org/smyry52

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope not. From all the live shows I've downloaded people generally shut the fuck up real good when Tim starts (it's almost startling how quiet the crowd gets on some of these mp3s...it's hard to remember that 6000 people are there). I'm going to the Boone, NC show, and if anyone in my general vicinity so much as farts during Tim's solos I'm gonna bitch slap his ass.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2003 :  7:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
a lot of reports from the '99 shows had people getting up and leaving durring tims solos though. and a lot of the lesser quality shows i have showcase the myriad of assohles who scream ridiculously loud durring to touch yearning or sanity.

Im praying this will be a good year for d+t

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  09:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

Im praying this will be a good year for d+t

Likewise...one would think that this might be the worst year for D+T, but I'm really hoping it doesn't go down like that. I'm sure if Tim busts out one of his faster parts, the crowds are going to scream and yell like drunken fools. If that's the only rudeness that occurs, I'd thank my lucky stars.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  4:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I remember on the 99 tour when TIM was playing...a large portion of the crowd believed it was "intermission" or something. If they didn't leave, most were talking. I'm planning on bringing some sort of sign to hold up when TIM is playing with the message "shut up" on it...maybe a little more creative though.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  5:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can use a quote of TR's on your sign:

"Shhhhhh, Listen with your EARS, not with your mouths!!"

OR you could go with an old standby:

Shut the FUCK up!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2003 :  12:48:10 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I look at a Tim+Dave concert as something like a play. They should have some security (not your typical ushers) and make absolutely sure that no one gets out of hand. I'm driving 14 hours to see T+D a few times and if some drunk bastard ruins it for me...well, commandments will be broken.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  05:20:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

I'm driving 14 hours to see T+D a few times and if some drunk bastard ruins it for me...well, commandments will be broken.

Haha. And exactly how many will be broken?

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  09:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
6. This number is subject to change

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000