Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 can anyone help me convert 2 TR mini-DV tapes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  11:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need help! Way back in September I fimed two of Tim Reynolds' shows, with a tri-pod mounted mini-DV camera. They turned out WONDERFUL .

Since I filmed, in September, I've tried to find someone to capture/convert/author the mini-dv tapes into DVD and/or (S)VCD format...

If you can help or can get in touch with someone that can
PLEASE E-MAIL ME: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Put something like "TR Video Conversion Help" in the Subject.

Thanks in advance
Grateful and I am,
Jason Drewes

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  11:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i thought you got them to mason? no matter, if anyone cant help you here maybe someone at antsmarching.org can help. there are a handful of people id trust with things of the sort, maybe theyre able to lend a hand.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  9:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jason, I just wanted you to know I got your email, I have just been helluva busy and have not had TIMe to pursue your request. If Mason has them, I am sure he will convert(or may have already converted them). I will ask him next TIMe we chat. As for Surfer X, I have not had a chance to contact him about your situation. He posts on the board so he may see this. He seemed like a pretty stand up guy when I met him so I doubt he is slighting you, maybe he just got delayed. Hopefully he will see this post and respond. Looking forward to seeing the shows. Thanx again and look forward to seeing you again somewhere down the line. Thanx being a part of my great b-day celebration.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  9:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went ahead and emailed SurferX, so hopefully he will post an update of the status of your conversion here. Keep watching.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  10:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Per Jason's request, I sent the tapes to a Kyle McKay on December 18th. As for their whereabouts now, you might want to ask Kyle...

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  11:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx Zak, I will give Mason a call about it. Part of the mystery solved. There ya go Jason.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  01:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can attest to the fact that zak wouldnt try to pull a fast one on any shows. i mean, what type of fool would do that with 2 master recordings and then still post on a mesage board frequently, you know? but thats not the issue im hoping.

since the ftp is down, the only way to spread would be Mason either mailing out mpgs to tree or converting the audio for an upload to the archive. So for now, no matter what the status times going to be needed.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  03:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, that wasn't the question at all. I recieved an email from Jason and I either misread it or something. I though that Jason had sent copies to both Zak and Mason and hadn't heard back from either one about it. I didn't doubt Zak for a minute, as I mentioned back in my earlier post:
quote:
As for Surfer X, I have not had a chance to contact him about your situation. He posts on the board so he may see this. He seemed like a pretty stand up guy when I met him so I doubt he is slighting you, maybe he just got delayed.
Guess it's just Mason taking his own sweet TIMe. Have you noticed things around here move awfully slow when left to Mason, Jon, or myself. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  12:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No,No,No

I didn't mean for anything to get stirred up...
SurferX and I are 100% straight. We got that resolved months ago when he mailed them to Mason.

Right now, Mason has all of my tapes. I've been it touch with Mason (finally after 5 e-mails)
*That's why I sent you that e-mail, Fluffy.
After I mailed them to Mason, he said it would take a week to do BOTH video conversions - then I didn't hear back from him for over a month. I just wanted to know if you were in touch with him at all, Fluffy. NO WORRIES NOW!

As of now, I STILL DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO HELP! That's the ONLY reason I posted this topic. It seems Mason is too busy to get done what he'd promised! So back to square 1, right where I was back in September.

The ONE really part I feel the worst about is that after the second show, Tim followed me to my car and asked for copies. I personally promised him, without a doubt.

Thanks
Later,
Jason

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000