Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Noam Chomsky on anti-war movement:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  6:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4598379,00.html

god
Kevin

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  6:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin, I printed it out (only took 4 pages)because it is easier to read that way. I read several paragraphs while I was waiting for it to finish printing.

I am such a huge fan of Noam. He has great insite and is extremely intelligent. Thanks again for posting this!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  9:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If Bush is re-elected, then there is no God.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  01:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wonder what kind of fear Bush will try to pump into the public to convince them to re-elect him?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  10:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that is a frightening thought. Although it almost seems that everything that would scare the population has already happened--Twin Towers, anthrax scare, "threat" of Iraq and N. Korea--to think that there is still an anti-war movement at work during all this is slightly uplifting.

My biggest fear is that Bush will get reelected and then in 25 years our kids will read textbooks that say what a courageous president Dubya was to lead us and protect us during this turbulent time....

"We're governed by asses...they teach it classes"
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  11:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My worry is that there won't be any textbooks in 25 years because Dubya starts a bigger war than he bargained for!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  8:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ta-dow!!!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  9:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT Give Peace a Chance

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2003 :  10:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i fear that i will have to move to canada soon, not that i dont like canada, its just always so damn cold there.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  01:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

i fear that i will have to move to canada soon, not that i dont like canada, its just always so damn cold there.

.......not to mention that everything there costs more. Hehe.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2003 :  02:56:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dubya campaign slogan:

"A Vote for Me, Is a Vote for FEAR!!"

OR

"LONG LIVE THE KING!!(errrr, I mean Gov. Bush)"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2003 :  4:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, instead of democracy he'd vote for a return of the monarchy system so he could stay even longer. i can just see it now, "off with his head!"

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000