BEHOLD: the Jesus Box
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  8:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
while sitting in out world history class jay and i discover THE JESUS BOX. the jesus box..or as it is normally know as is the Ka'ba, islam's most holy shrine. apparently some ancient dead islam fellow put a bunch of worthless christian religous thingys and stuck them in the box... the box is big and black. according to our teacher islams muct walk around it five TIMes. from the picture it looks to me that there is a little vent on it like that of an airconditioner unit. jay and i figure that it blows cool air on the people and they don't know it's an airconditioner and they think "oh it's jesus (or Allah)" and that when it stoppes that they are in big trouble. they have to call in the maytag repair guy and to them he IS A GOD. the transport turch has a picture of Jesus blowing cool air. ads would be somthing like "come christian minions...feel jesus blowing you.

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can we see the picture? Or must we imagine this magical box. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  9:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually it is a real box. It is in Mecca. Laugh and hoot if you like but Islam is really an extremely facinating religion, one that I am really drawn to.(More because I dig history than for the religious part)

Mohammad was orphaned at a young age. He met and later married a wealthy woman. That gave him the time and opportunity to go into the mountains where according to Islamic belief he saw God and Jesus and Abraham.

The followers of Mohammad are taught to honor the Pillars of Faith which include saying the name of Allah, praying 5 TIMes a day, giving alms to the poor, fasting during Rammadon (sp?) from sun up to sun down and making a pilgrimage someTIMe in their lifeTIMe to Mecca.

If you saw a map of Mecca it is walled off, and the shrine is in the center.Before entering the area they wash and put on White robes signifying purity but also everyone is equal, everyone looks the same.Then, yes they do go around the shrine 5 TIMes.

I had an Islamic student last year. Really awesome kid. We would talk about what the textbook stated, and then he would add to it...It is truely a facinating religion.

I have a picture of the Ka'ba in my textbook at school. I will bring it home tomorrow and scan it for you.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  11:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
[/Al Gore Voice] Lock Box. [/Al Gore Voice]

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  4:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Islam is pretty cool...although the Jesus Box idea had us laughing our asses off in front of our Leo Kottke-esque teacher. Almost as funny as the Jimmy Dean Hot'n Spicy red hot Sausage patty Microwaveable meal, with real rice and corn, and a biscuit on the side, too.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2003 :  8:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
[/Homer Voice]Mmmmmm, rice AND corn. [/Homer Voice]

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2003 :  7:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
[jimmi dean voice] jimmi dean's farm fresh sausage bisquit patty packages. complete with the bacon and the little cheesy bits and chicken wings. homestyle goodness just like mama used to make. now microwavable [jimmi dean voice]

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  04:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My mama never made them like that. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2003 :  11:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thaats why we have jimmi dean...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000