Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Good gear I recently got
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalin
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2003 :  2:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Dalin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't usually give props to equipment, but I got the Akai E1 Headrush pedal for Christmas and it is sweet. There is usually a fair amount of talk on this board about pedals, so I thought I'd throw this one out (I don't think it's ever been mentioned before). It is a digital delay, tape delay, or loop pedal. The nice thing is that the loop is 24 seconds (you be surprised how much you can actually record in 24 seconds), plus you can do as many overdubs as you want as long as the first loop is less than 12 seconds and the total of all loops is less than 24 seconds (6 four second loops can sound really great for example). It's a nice alternative to the more expensive loops like the Boss Loop Station and even the Line 6 DL4. I have a friend that works for MusiciansFriend so I only paid $120 for it (I don't know what it retails for).
I also got the Zoom Mrt-3 drum machine for only $100. I was surprised what a killer drum machine it is, especially for the price. It's easy for beginners and it has a huge range of sounds. I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking into getting a starting drum machine.
I just realized I probably sound like a salesman from zoom or akai, but I'm not. I'm just a punk ass kid passing on the good word.

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2003 :  10:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ive heard VERY good things about the Akai samplers and such. I recommend them to a lot of my friends who look at Loop Stations and Boomerang Loop pedals. Less expensive, and while they dont have the memory or ALL the features of the other pedals, they turn out to be exactly what some people are looking for.

And the Zoom drum machines are awesome. They have some of the most realistic drum sounds out there in drum modules. I'm actually shopping for a multitrack with a CD burner, and Zoom just came out with one. And it has a built in drum machine, which makes me consider it even more.

Adam
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000