TRelated Topics
 a poll for everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  1:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
when given his chance to solo one of his own songs on the upcoming T&d tour, i think TIM should play one of his most crazy, absolute-opposite-end-of-the-spectrum-from-dmb song as a screw-you to those closed-minded folks who dont appreciate tims music. or maybe he should bring out an electric guitar and play something from chaosview, this way someone who is unfamiliar could get a true taste of what tim's music is, or can be, like. this would hopefully eliminate a few of the jerks who come to a tim reynolds concert hoping to see a "dave show" for a lot less money. just my thoughts on the issue, and i think a lot less people would be getting upset about this whole issue if they KNEW there was absolutely NO aspects of selling-out involved. i am NOT saying that is what every TR fan thinks, hopefully ive made that clear.

but anyway (on to the real purpose of this thread), what would be your vote for the song tim would play to blow peoples' minds and challenge their ideas on what a guitar can actually sound like?

take it easy. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ccr152

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  2:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd really really like to hear Kundalini Bonfire or something else off Gossip of the Neurons. I screamed for it at a Tim solo show in Tampa a couple times (when courtesy allowed) and he played it. I'd like to think it was due to my insistence, haha j/k. As far as playing a song that's basically the opposite of Dave...I think that'd fall in pretty well. I've just always had affection for that song.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  2:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
firstly, i want to hear Doom.

But as for what the other part of the thread is about... despite agreeing for the most part, not happening. Tim will do most likely what he did in '99, just play two regular solo songs with intense jamming, and the crowd will get up for a piss break. hate to say it, but its true. those who stay will get blown away, but it'll be pretty lame by the crowds standards.

And i would love to see the electric, but that impractical because he doesnt do solo electric. thats always accompanied by something else.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  2:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think the doors of the theater should open from the inside only...those that leave for a piss break during Tim, aren't allowed back in :)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  4:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
id definitely agree with doom and kundalini. and i also agree with everything you said erich. my little speech was more of a..."wouldnt it be great if--" discussion.

take it easy. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ccr152
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  4:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd love to have him bring the electric out and do a short set, maybe even "open" for the duo.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  4:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

i'd love to have him bring the electric out and do a short set, maybe even "open" for the duo.

like TR3 did back in the day. that would be awsome.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  8:19:57 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'd like to see him do los alamos is burning.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  8:57:43 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That settles it! I must go to each and every show. Ok, probably not but it was fun to say. Anyone have suggestions on tickets? I'd really rather not support a ticket broker, but I don't even know how to find one that would have tickets. I have my 5 warehouse requests in, and so does my girlfriend but that most likely won't be enough.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  9:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did TR3 use to open for DMB?

Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2003 :  10:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, 12.7.93 and 12.8.93 had TR3 opening and TIm playing with the DMB...sure that wasn't the only TIMe
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  05:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe someone with a firmer grasp of DMB history and past tour schedules can figure out the dates of these shows mentioned in the post below:

Tim Reynolds Joins the Band in Birmingham, More Appearances Expected
August 19, 1998
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Reynolds made his first live guest appearance with the band in over two years Tuesday night during the band's performance in Pelham, AL. Reynolds' band, the creatively-titled Tim Reynolds Trio, was scheduled to play Zydeco's Bar in Birmingham Tuesday night, providing a predictable scenario of the guitarist joining Dave Matthews Band onstage. Tim Reynolds Trio (TR3) is also scheduled to perform in the same cities as DMB in Atlanta, GA on Thursday night and Charlotte, NC on Friday -- look for Reynolds to guest at these concerts as well. Of the seventeen songs played in Pelham, Tim donated his electric guitar skills on eleven songs, including a remarkable, thirteen-minute "Crush." The music from Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" provided by the band as an intro into "Ants Marching" started off the one-song encore ending the show. A complete setlist of the 8.18.98 Pelham, AL show can be found here.

I got this from:

http://www.dmbml.com/archives/news/reynolds.html

and posted it on our board here:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2463

Looks like a job for Erich. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  3:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man...i would toss my mayonaise if got to see TR3 with DMB, holy fuck!

Go to Top of Page

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  3:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There were three shows in Summer '98: 8.18, 8.20, 5.21...that whole Fall tour of '98 that ended with the Live @ Chicago show...and in '95 there was 7.28, 8.15 (L@RR), and 10.4.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  4:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Maybe someone with a firmer grasp of DMB history and past tour schedules can figure out the dates of these shows mentioned in the post below:

Looks like a job for Erich. HEHE

http://www.erichwithanh.com/tim/tour/1998.html

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2003 :  10:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
See, I knew you'd be on top of it. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000