New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

titow
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  9:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.dmband.com/tourdates/tourdates_main.asp?view=34661

Can't wait. I'm glad this tour wasn't just Dave, even though I'm sure I would have gone anyways. Tim is going to make these shows incredible. Just had to put in my two cents.

tito

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  9:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm not; they're only going to be East.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  10:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
505 Error on that link.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  10:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Try hacking off everything after dmband.com (i.e., go to http://www.dmband.com) and then navigating to the tour dates. It's pretty easy to find.

teri
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  10:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...and like...put forth effort??!!....Nah...I'll wait for someone to post the correct link....

Adam
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  10:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shit...it's true.

I knew this day would come....dammit...now I'm all depressed and shit.

Is it too late for Tim to back out?

Adam
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2003 :  10:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that its going to be an amazing tour. With all of the new material both artists have put out...those fans are going to get a treat. At least i'll get recordings!

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  12:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they need to fuckin tape the shows, and make a dvd. that way time will never have to tour w/ dave again.

but a dvd would be sweet, filled w/ random stories about dave being drunk, and then theres the ones about him being drunk, then the one about when he was drunk...... STREAM!

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  01:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NEUTICLES!!!!!!

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

Shiva
Is Anybody Here?

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  01:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are they going to do CO....if not man that kind of stinks....but at least I get to see Tim for at least three show....
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  02:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SON OF A BITCH!!! I wish I still lived on the east coast...I've been waiting for this for a very long time

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  05:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

Hmm...and like...put forth effort??!!....Nah...I'll wait for someone to post the correct link....

Here ya go you lazy bastard.

http://www.dmband.com/tourdates/tourdates_main.asp

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  05:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOOHOO! Now the question is how to actually get tix for a
few of those shows. Long TIMe coming and very few dates.
At the very least we'll have some new recorded shows.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  07:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try to get tickets for the norfolk show, but i got a feeling it's gonna be hard to obtain!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  09:40:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't they normally only tour at colleges? Isn't it really hard for non-students to get tickets?
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  11:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If the warehouse works the way i want it too hopefully out of 5 shows I am apllying to get Ill at least get one of them plus I have friend at Central Michigan who are trying to get me tickets also.... I am going to have to buy a nice digital recorder and do this tour up right. fun times it will be I hope

Rob
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  2:13:13 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking the warehouse will be utterly useless in regards to trying to get tickets. Demand is for all intents and purposes infinite, with extremely small supply. I'll request 5 shows, although I know I'll be extraordinarily lucky to even get 1. I'd guess that for every 50-60 requests for tickets, 1 will be honored.

James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  2:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to try to get Radio City tickets through the warehouse, which I assume is going to be damn near impossible considering it's like the only non-college show and it's in New York. If I do get them I'll buy plane tickets from California, if I can't get the plane tickets (or if they are over $350) I'll sell them on ebay or craigslist

Go to Top of Page

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  6:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's coming to Wisconsin, excellent, I knew this state would pay off with things other than cheese.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  7:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thirsty.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  7:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe anyone? ? ?

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  9:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's even stranger is that i felt that thirst comin' on! oh yes...

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  10:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

I'm going to try to get Radio City tickets through the warehouse, which I assume is going to be damn near impossible considering it's like the only non-college show and it's in New York. If I do get them I'll buy plane tickets from California, if I can't get the plane tickets (or if they are over $350) I'll sell them on ebay or craigslist

Good luck! I may try to go to that show too... but I'm not a Warehouse member.

Ordering Period Begins: Jan 17 2003 11:59AM
Ordering Period Ends: Jan 27 2003 12:01PM

teri
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2003 :  11:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
He's coming to Wisconsin, excellent, I knew this state would pay off with things other than cheese.

dont forget beer.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  08:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone been on the TR side of the board. GEE!!
This T&D thing has created quite a stir. After having read thru some of the stuff I'm thinking of skipping the whole thing. Between stories
of the last T-D tour, people saying they will pay thousands of dollars for tix and certain said comments about this tour.......

I know I'll get bashed for saying this but..... It's not THAT big a deal! It's also not that big a deal to throw Fluffy comments like "how come you didn't tell us". alot of those comments seemed to put him on the spot. That's not really fair to him. Just because he chooses to be friends with TR fans and hang out on the board doesn't mean he's required to disclose business "things" that are between he and Tim. And that's if he even knew. There IS the chance that he didn't know either. And I should let him speak for himself, but the comments (direct or indirect) towards Fluffy on this whole T&D thing bothered me.
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  09:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who said "how come you didn’t tell us?”?

There is a lot of activity because it is somewhat of a big deal. I honestly did not think they would tour again. I will admit I am very excited and would love to attend (although the chance of getting tickets is very improbable) I will be happy just to get some audio recordings. If Mason can get some video footage of any of the shows, I am sure there will be a group of board members (Silky…) lining up to fellate him.

I don’t think anyone here is upset at Fluffy(the real TR fans, not the DMB tools). I think we would just like to see what he says about it. He has stated that he would like it if Tim did not tour with Dave Matthews again, because he was finally breaking away from his associations to him and the band, which I think is totally understandable.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  09:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's also not that big a deal to throw Fluffy comments like "how come you didn't tell us". alot of those comments seemed to put him on the spot. That's not really fair to him. Just because he chooses to be friends with TR fans and hang out on the board doesn't mean he's required to disclose business "things" that are between he and Tim. And that's if he even knew. There IS the chance that he didn't know either. And I should let him speak for himself, but the comments (direct or indirect) towards Fluffy on this whole T&D thing bothered me.

Exactly! Assuming that he did know, imagine the kind of shockwave and frenzy it would have caused if he had posted that information here. All the lurkurs from nancies/antsmarching etc. would go back to their boards shooting their mouths off that they have inside info and the whole thing would be a mess. I am GLAD Fluffy didn't say anything... it was the right thing to do from any standpoint.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  09:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
am sure there will be a group of board members (Silky…) lining up to fellate him.

When you're right, you're right!

Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  09:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just to throw another bit of info in the mix for everyone who wants to go:

The WH has a very limited number of tix, but the guy I spoke with yesterday from the WH said that he's "pretty sure" that these tickets will go on sale through ticketmaster and not just to college students as Xar suggested/lamented. Good luck to all...and try not to support those brokers.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  10:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Who said "how come you didn’t tell us?”?

I went back and pasted the comments I noticed, but decided not to
post them because I didn't feel it was right to single them out.
If you read thru all the stuff related to the topic you'll pick up on certain comments. But then again not many of the conversations about the subject sat very well with me. I should just stay out of it and keep my trap shut. But I will say, it is such CRAP that people will sell OR buy tickets for say 2000 dollars or even $500. You know you'll see some on ebay for thousands. That just doesn't help out anyone involved. It's also interesting how many people posted since the news, people we never see here otherwise. If Tim is so loved and admired as many said, why aren't they around all the TIMe? Supporting his solo tours like the support shown for this tour. Skeptical Suzy signing off...HeeHee!
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  11:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's also interesting how many people posted since the news, people we never see here otherwise. If Tim is so loved and admired as many said, why aren't they around all the TIMe?

exactly. if u look at all the people that posted on the first d+t topic in tr related subjects the other day. most of them have a post count under 50. (cough) dmb fans trying to become friends w/ tim and such so they can get closer to dave (cough)

Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  12:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, I usually don't rant, but I resent that last comment. OK, I don't post 50 messages a day - and yes, I'm new to this board - and yes, I started listening to Tim as a result of seeing D&T in 99...but I haven't come in here to "use" tim to get closer to dave. I've come in here because Tim leaves dave in the dust musically and after seeing him a few times this summer, I wanted to talk to REAL Tim fans to see what they're into. Seems like you don't think I can REALLY like Tim if I first learned of him through Dave...sorry for insulting your musical superiority.

Besides - no one thought there'd EVER be another D&T tour until 3 days ago...so how would hanging out with Tim fans help get us any closer to Dave? Think before you insult people you know nothing about.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  1:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i wasnt singling out any one person. but u have to admit that it is odd that most of the posters for that thread were under 50.

quote:
I'm new to this board

i have no problem if you are new to the board, which u are (joined 10 - 02), and dont have many posts. but people that have been 'members' for amost a year and are only at about 20 or so posts seams odd to me. maybe they actually have lives as aposed to me, that could be.

I also, like most of the peoople on the board, had learned about tim through dave and him touring. but most of the people that come here from dmb forums only know stream, or other songs he played while on tour w/ dave. and most of them hate his electric stuff, and think that seeing him do that is a waist of talent and such. that anoys me.

so i again say i wasnt pointing at any one person, it was a general observation. And to you dickey i dont intend it as an attack. but u have to admit there are alot of people that try to get the 'inside scoop' by 'befriending' fluffy and others here. The DMB fan base has changed alot over the past few years. Alot more teenie bopers, frat boys, stupid highschool girls, that just want to wear the coolest cloaths, chill out, fit in, and listen to tim because he played w/ dave and dave is on mtv.

So in closing, FUCK MTV.

Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  3:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for clarifying...that was a very straightforward and all-too-true response. Thanks for taking the high road on that one. If I came off too harsh, I apologize.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  5:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
no prob. no harm done.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  8:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I be-friended Fluffy just so I could get close to Tim. I bought him a digital camera and a car, but he realized that I was just using him. He kept the stuff though.

teri
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  9:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I joined the board for the free food! That reminds me, you can send me my membership cake anytime now, i'm just waiting for it... anyone...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  9:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute......we get membership cakes?!!! Why wasn't I informed?

quote:
exactly. if u look at all the people that posted on the first d+t topic in tr related subjects the other day. most of them have a post count under 50. (cough) dmb fans trying to become friends w/ tim and such so they can get closer to dave (cough)

But you can't blame Saint Jude dor saying this. After all, if you look at the member section, the vast majority of the people are well under 50. This is because of many past threads that have caused controversy over here. It becomes quickly apparent when a thread is posted on another message board because the member level doubles in 2 hours. Just look at some past DMB threads or John Mayer threads (especially the latter). Those threads have been viewed more TIMes than our thread that never ends. And those people just show up to bitch at everyone for esseentially having a different opinion than they do, which of course they cannot accept.

Here's an example (this thread has been viewed over 2000 TIMes): http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2094

Go to Top of Page

hukkanen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  12:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess that I fall into the long time reader, under 50 poster category that everyone is starting to dislike so much. I have been a member of this board for a while but never really posted. That doesn't mean that I don't read the boards on a daily basis...or that I am any less of a fan of Tim than the person that has 51 posts. I was introduced to Tim Reynolds (not personally) at a DMB concert in Winter 1998 and the Live at Luther CD. I'm not going to any of the shows this spring.

from Saint Jude's "but people that have been 'members' for amost a year and are only at about 20 or so posts seams odd to me. maybe they actually have lives as aposed to me, that could be."

Well, I don't consider grad school much of a life right now. I don't watch MTV. I'm 25. I am not in a frat. But I still play the guitar on a daily basis. I am a fan of Tim Reynolds. I never felt like I could contribute, I was just trying to learn and improve my skills enough. My first post was on Wishful Filling Jewel. Not Stream.

I have been perfectly content just reading what the community has to say...never once thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could meet DMB through Tim. I've only just started posting because I can actually start getting through some of his songs. This has been the first board I've ever joined. The only other board I frequent is dmbtabs.com.

I'll probably get flamed again. That isn't my intention. I did have one post in a T&D topic (this is #2) that just expressed my excitement over the new tour and disappointment over not being anywhere close to a show.

I guess I am just asking that you don't judge me for my # of posts. I won't judge you...
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  07:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, then i got respect for you dude!!! I hadn;t started posting all that much, except for the past couple of months cause i have more free time on my hands. You'll get no flaming from me, i'm glad you're here!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2003 :  9:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hukkanen

I guess I am just asking that you don't judge me for my # of posts. I won't judge you...

Judge away! Most of us are, in fact, people with no lives. After all, if I had a life, then my post count would be much lower than it is now.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  12:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just put in a request for the NYC and Boone, NC shows...what do you guys think the odds of getting these tickets are anyways?

Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  12:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Infinitely small. I'm in the same boat, I requested 5 sets of tickets. I thoroughly expect to be turned down, unless the aliens are smiling down upon me.

James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000