New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2003 :  10:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad to hear Maurice Gibb (BeeGee's) died today at age 53. He died of a heart attack while undergoing surgery for a blocked intestine.

I don't know a single soul who wasn't touched in some way by the Bee Gee's music. I know for me numerous songs bring back memories of a different time and place.

RIP Maurice

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2003 :  11:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, that sucks. I like the Bee Gees music, a lot of it is very inspiring. Lonely Days is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  8:01:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like them too. "Massachusetts", "I Started a Joke" and "How do you Mend a Broken Heart" are my faves.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2003 :  3:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never really liked the BeeGee's but it was really sad news. For some reason I was flipping thru the channels and started watching a behind the music(which I don't usually watch) on Andy Gibb(who I always thought was a geek). That whole story was really sad too.
I felt bad for thinking he a his bros were geeky. They've had a pretty sad life and then the youngest dies at age 30. The choirs of Heaven must be sounding great because so many great musicians have passed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000