MINISTRY, Dark Side of the Tour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  9:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ministry frontman Al Jourgensen recently told Billboard that the band are planning to embark on European, Japanese, Australian and U.S. tours in support of their upcoming new album "Animositisomina", which will see a release through Sanctuary on February 24th. The band are planning to play two hour sets on the tour and have recruited an eight piece live band to perform the 23 song sets.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope Montreal is on the list. I'd love to see them at the Metropolis.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2003 :  10:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Ministry will be starting their tour in Europe:

MINISTRY Euro Tour Dates 2003

24. Februar, Amsterdam (Paradiso)
25. Februar, Oberhausen (Turbinenhalle)
26. Februar, Berlin (Columbiahalle)
28. Februar, Paris (Elysée Montmartre)
2. März, London (Astoria)

Although I did find a possible US date:

U.S.A.
02/16/03 - XCape (El Paso, Texas)

http://www.ministry.nu/concerts/tour_dates.php3

Pollstar shows these dates which correspond to the above dates:

Sun 02/16/03 El Paso, TX XCape

Mon 02/24/03 Amsterdam, NET Paradiso

Tue 02/25/03 Oberhausen, GER Turbinehalle

Wed 02/26/03 Berlin, GER Columbiahalle

Fri 02/28/03 Paris, FRA Elysee Montmarte

Sun 03/02/03 London, UK The Astoria

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  02:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow, sounds good. Psalm 69 is definately one of my favorite industrial rock cds. I'm looking forward to hearing their new stuff. I also found this quote interesting:

quote:
recruited an eight piece live band to perform the 23 song sets

They used to stress so much how it was just the two of them making all the sounds... I think it even stresses that in the linder notes of one of their discs. Just found that odd. How have they toured in the past?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  04:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With full bands, someTIMes with 2 drummers. They are so kewl live. One of the best shows I ever saw at the OLD 9:30 Club. They may do it all on the CD's but live it takes alot of manpower to create that sound without resorting to alot of tape recordings. I for one and happy they DO NOT do that. It is such a cop-out to me. I can listen to the CD at home, I go to a show to see the music performed!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000