Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I've been buying MAD cd's lately,,,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2002 :  6:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys and gals, just thought I'd mention some of the great music I've gotten over the past month, one weekend at work we got an extra percentage off cds so I got stuff dirt cheap... here is some of the stuff I've picked up lately that I really like:

Peter Greisar: SUPERFASTGO - I posted about this one in the TR section, the more I listen to it, the more I love it!

Soul Coughing: El Oso- got this awesome cd for like 6 dollars!

Paul Simon: The Paul Simon Collection - Even though I had most of these songs already, it looked like a great collection, and some of the songs had been remastered since I heard them last, also comes with a onus live disc.

Peter Gabriel: Shaking the Tree - All of the remasters of his old cds are just AMAZING sounding, and this one is no different.

Peter Gabriel: UP - Album of the year... PERIOD

Long Walk Home: Rabbit Proof Fence soundtrack - done by Peter Gabriel, need I say more?

Ben Folds: Ben Folds Live - "17-track career-spanning live collection from the sold out solo tour" hey, that sounds like it could describe Chaos View too! Some of the tracks are recorded from the 9:30 club too.

System of a Down: Steal this Album! - Even their b-sides are amazing, these guys are one of the few bright spots in the new rock scene.

The Roots: Phrenology - Hip Hop's best! These guys are intelligent, have something to say, and actually play instruments! All rarities for a rap group. I also think this new album is their best yet.

The Beatles: Yellow Submarine - I never had this cd, so when I saw a used copy come in, I grabbed it for a few bucks, the tracks sound great remastered!

Ryan Adams: Demolition - NOT BRIAN ADAMS!

Wilco: Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - good stuff, a lot of people picked this for album of the year.

god
Kevin

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2002 :  9:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
speaking on the same topic, here's some great cds i burned from friends in the past month.

Ben Folds Live- very awesome, the crowd sings in a few songs!
Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the infinite sadness- a classic
Gov't Mule- Deep End- good cd, many great bassist on it
Coldplay- Parachutes- also very nice, sweet tunes
Buddy Rich- Giant Steps
Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon- also very classic

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2003 :  3:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yo! After Fluffy posting his topic about the new music he has been listening to... I thought I'd bring this one back to the top, and update it with a few more cds I've added to my vast collection...

Peter Gabriel- OVO (Import cd of a soundtrack to the Millenium Dome Show)

Chris Whitley- Anthology (Even though I had most of these songs, I couldnt pass it up whn I saw it for 5.99)

Dredg- El Cielo (I think I have a whole topic about these guys that I'll try to drag up)

Yohimbe Brothers- Front End Lifter (DJ Logic and Vernon Reid, doing mixing with guitar effects)

Queens of the Stone Age- R (NICOTINE, VALIUM, VICATIN, MARUJUANA, ECSTACY, ALCOHOL, CCCCCOCAINE!!!)

Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf (I already had a promo copy, but I wanted an unedited version)

Soul Coughing- Ruby Vroom (Its hard to pass up cheap Soul COughing!)

Portishead- Dummy (awesome vocals ovr even cooler beats)

Tony Levin- Double Espresso ( An awesome cd that was recomended by PAM!)

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2003 :  3:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Also, one of my coworkers played me two cds that I REALLY dug last night at work, both of which are on my list of stuff to get...

Hot Hot Heat: Make up the Break Down

Fugazi - Argument

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000