Help Please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ty
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  3:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend for some reason thinks Tim sucks because he has never heard of him, and he also claims to be a great guitarist. Could any of you please reccomend a song for me to stump him with?

Any help would be appreciated

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  4:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say Kundalini Bonfire. No one who sucks could ever attempt to play that one. And if your friend listens to that and doesn't at least appreciate it if he doesn't like it, then ignore his claim about being a great guitarist, at least until he can play it for you himself.
Go to Top of Page

ty
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  4:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks alot
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2002 :  01:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The song i usually play for people to grab their attention in the direction of tim is the wayfarer - especially the latter part of the song.. you ALL know what i am talkin about. nobody can deny the kickassity of that riff.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

CheersDtoT
Try A Little Harder

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2002 :  10:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I also love to play the Wayfarer, it's an awsome song. When I want to show people the bulk of TR I play Mercy Street ( Peter Gabriel Solo) or I play Stream but to make it even funner I throw in a little slap bass riff which I repeat on my DD-5 and beef up with my Flang Pedal. If I was going to give your friend a song I would play him TR 's Stream but one where he does it on a 12 string, because those Streams kick some serious ass !!!!!! Cheers

R.I.P - Lynn & T.J.
I Love You Guys !
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2002 :  7:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JemezFoodPeople

The song i usually play for people to grab their attention in the direction of tim is the wayfarer - especially the latter part of the song.. you ALL know what i am talkin about. nobody can deny the kickassity of that riff.

Are you talking about when he does those extremely fast bass slaps? Man! I can't even fathom how the hell he does that.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  12:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if anyone claims tim sucks that obviously shows there unability to understand music, and the fact that they arent even a musician. People are very jelous sometimes, i pity those sort. Music is great, we say something sucks? If it makes one person happy its all worth it. It seems your friend is bitter about not being recognized for his ability, but with comments spewing from his mouth like that theres no wonder.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  12:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its fun to mess with the roder of your pedals. Like if you have your wah wah before the dd-5 when u use it it will effect the loop sound. But if the wah wah is last, after the dd-5, it will only effect what you play over it. Also if you have another delay after the dd-5 anything on the dd-5 like a loop or delay will be double delayed by the second delay pedal. I like putting a delay before the dd-5 so you can use a cool delay on a loop, like what tim does on entity.
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  12:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i meant order not roder, jeez this is gonna be a long dayy.
hehe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000