TRelated Topics
 SUPERFASTGO = awseome!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2002 :  04:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I got my copy of Peter's new cd the other day and I really enjoy it! As of right now, Bionic, and I do Everything are my favorite tracks, but the whole thing is very good, if I have any complaints it is that its too short... leaves me wanting MORE! I'm not really sure how to describe the music, its all over the place... mostly on the dark side, very good songwriting too as far as the lyrics go!

I played the cd at work yesterday too and my coworker was impressed and a few costomers asked who was playing, so thumbs up all around so far. Tim's playing adds a lot to the first track, very dark deep electric on that track. Anyways, I definately recomend checking it out, and hope to catch a tour supporting this cd.

god
Kevin

j. tayloe emery
Is Anybody Here?

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  7:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit j. tayloe emery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin-

Glad you dug the cd! Thanks for ordering. We've sold a boatload already and the release isnt until february! We've hired powderfinger promotions to handle a college radio station push to over 500 stations! Keep your ears to the radio, its already being spun in a few major markets. And dont forget to request it at your favorite station! If you know a dj who you think should get a copy, please let me know.

also fuzzy, sent your cds the other day--enjoy and spread the love. I thought i had you sent these promos weeks ago--been quite busy. Hope everyone has a great new year.

jte
www.offsetrecords.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2003 :  01:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Glad to hear that the album is being well recieved. About the colleges... My school (UCI) has a good radio station that plays nothing but independant music. I know two DJ's that I'm sure would play the cd. Here is the website www.kuci.org if you want to pass any of that info along to your promotion group.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2003 :  05:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Found this on antsmarching.org:

Superfastgo Posted by Jake Vigliotti 01/09/03 11:45pm

Peter Griesar would prefer not to be known as "former DMB keyboardist". Jerry O'Connell would prefer not to be known as "the fat kid from Stand By Me". Well, sometimes, we don't get what we want. We have to give reason for people to remember us for something else.

Griesar is not the fat kid from Stand By Me.

Griesar's latest album Superfastgo (availible at Offset Records), is an enigma. And that's a good thing. The 12 track release is a solid, fresh mix of Beck, Beatles, Bowie, Gospel, Gothic, and a dash of DMB that meshes together perfectly in a funky, poppy jive.

Tim Reynolds guests on the opening Track I Do Everything (maybe in the Beck class - an eye opener to the album), Loaded (a snappy, almost McCartney Beatles style), and Spy Girl 76 (the closest to a DMB song - mostly because of LeRoi Moore's Sax play and the sharp writing). Get the enigma thingie now? Funny thing is most enigma's end up like cafeteria spaghetti, lumpy and cold. Brian Kehew's (Beck, Hole) producing serves the dish piping hot.

There's a reason Griesar has a Grammy holding open a door at his house. He's an extremely talented songwriter. Besides the aforementioned Spy Girl 76, Bionic (download it and you'll see) stands out as a smooth jam with a catchy hook. "I can't hold her, she's breaking up breaking up..."; it sounds like something you'd think you heard on the radio.

Is Superfastgo for the DMB fan? Superfastgo is for everyone. Rarely does an artist find the right mix of rhythms; Griesar does.

Peter Griesar? I think he's best remembered as the guy who did Superfastgo.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2003 :  5:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Finally got mine and it is awesome!!! Will be posting more about it when I have TIMe. Loaded is my fave so far. There are some great lines in that song. Really ingenious!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  07:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered a copy of Superfastgo as well as The Gathering's If Then Else (thanks to Erichs recommendation)

Looking forward to both!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  6:17:37 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Loaded is one of my favs too! Good to hear that you ordered it Pam... man I feel like we are robbing you blind though, everytime one of us mentions a cd it goes on your list. We should add one to the unwritten laws of the message board: for the sake of her monitary condition, be careful suggesting cds to Pam!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  9:18:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn Kevin, you are so right, but don't feel bad . I just love all kinds of music and when someone talks about a great cd I just want to hear it too. So I download some songs and then I want the cd! (Should just burn them, but can't bring myself to do that.)Probably a good idea to add it to the unwritten laws! hehe

Things should get better though because I just started working out again and I decided I would only allow myself on the board after I go on the nordic track for an hour (at least 5 days a week.) Tonight it was easy but most days I am just not going to have TIMe for both.

Less TIMe on board will mean less TIMe reading threads so maybe I will miss some of those mentioning awesome cd's, or not? hehe.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

j. tayloe emery
Is Anybody Here?

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  10:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit j. tayloe emery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heyyyy...so glad you all are digging this cd. i'm in seattle right now, heading down to see peter in tahoe for a week today. loaded is so damn good...there is a movie being made about peter's ex manager==at one time the biggest pot smuggler in the country in the 70's==called loaded too. peter wrote this song as an homage to him..

ALSO, TODAY JANUARY 27TH!!!!
is the add date for superfastgo to college radio. if you live within earshot of any college radio station, call your local college radio dj and ask them to play LOADED or BIONIC or SUPERFASTGO. those are three singles we are pushing...lets get this album charting on college radio! your help is appreciated! thanks all--

thanks fluffy. love to you anf timmy-

tayloe
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2003 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey that is GREAT!! Good luck with the singles, I hope it charts quickly and too the moon! The CD is just amazing, there isn't a weak song on the CD. It is a great pop album with alot of great hooks, if you can get it played it should "hook" everyone. Give Peter my warmest regards and congrats on a CD well done. Enjoy Tahoe and thanx again for the heads up and the CD!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

j. tayloe emery
Is Anybody Here?

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  3:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit j. tayloe emery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
peter sends his love. we had a blast in tahoe. petes even getting better at blackjack! the place was getting bombarded with snow just as i left....

cd doing well at college radio in its first week...including heavy airplay in hawaii and alaska! so we got #49 and #50 covered...now the lower 48!

later fluff--

jte
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  7:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
KEWL KEWL Every journey starts with one small step!! Glad to hear your journey is starting out with a good first step. HEHE Tell Peter I hope we cross paths again soon!! It seems Peters CD is on the SUPERFASTGO track to the top!! HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2003 :  8:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn....I'm NOT digging the CD because it hasn't arrived in the mail yet!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! OK, taking deep breath....maybe it will arrive tomorrow.....or not?????

Go to Top of Page

j. tayloe emery
Is Anybody Here?

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  3:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit j. tayloe emery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
where'd you order it from? if it was from offsetrecords site, i was out of town for a week and the ones that were ordered while i was gone were sent yesterday...sorry, if that was one of yours! but hey, a week turn-around isnt bad! most all go out same day.

if you ordered it from amazon, tower, best buy or cd baby or anywhere else, i have no control as they all have their own fulfillment in accord with my distributor, who is also tim's dist i see! both tim's new cd and peter's are charting in the top five "jam category" best sellers on their site! (tim's is #1 !!--god job!) URL below.

http://www.redeyeusa.com/bestsellers.asp?criteria=jam&timeFrame=

jte

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2003 :  4:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ordered it from amazon along with another cd. I didn't realize they won't send it out until the release date of 2-18! I am bummed but don't worry about it. I can wait... I hate waiting for great music, but I will wait. I am SURE it will be well worth it!

Thanks for asking!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2003 :  06:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got an email from amazon, my order went out so I should be getting Superfastgo in the mail soon! Woooohoooo!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  3:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a happy camper...Superfastgo came in the mail today! I am listening to it now and first impression is the same as the rest of those who posted, it's a great album, great voice! No favorites yet, I find myself liking different things about each track. Bionic is great Kevin, but I really like "If I Could Walk," and "Superfast Go!

So glad you brought up this topic Kevin! I know I have to curb my addiction to music, but geeze I wouldn't have wanted to miss this one!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  4:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that you got your CD finally PAM... and you are right, there isnt a bad track on the whole disc. I'm pretty excited too, because I just got Peter Gabriel's OVO in the mail... it took me forever to find it in the US for a reasonable price. I'll post another topic about it later.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2003 :  4:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin...My favorite track on OVO is Father and Son! So glad he sang that on the tour! Mike Sokolosky told me to get OVO because of that song and I am so glad he did!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  6:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
More interviews and reviews can be found at:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2802

CHECK THEM OUT!!

Peter Greisar - Superfastgo Review
Posted By Jeff Modzelewski on 02.14.03 Peter is mainly known as a former member of the Dave Matthews Band. He was their keyboardist and harmonica player from 91 to 93, before leaving the band just before they started to take off. Be sure to check out my interview with Peter here. I basically had a nice conversation with Peter about the album, his musical aspirations, and his work with the Dave Matthews Band. However, DMB fans beware, because this is not an album that was made just to gain your favor. Granted, fans of DMB may very well enjoy what Peter's doing on this album. But it's definitely it's own separate thing, well outside of what DMB does or has ever done.

When I first listened to Peter Greisar's debut album, "Superfastgo," I immediately thought of one person. Ross Gellar. Yes, that Ross Gellar, from the hit TV show, Friends. If you're a fan of this series, as I am, you'd know that Ross fancies himself something of a musician. There are a couple of episodes where you get to see Ross at his keyboard, playing this freaky, weird music. Of course, Ross had little to no actual talent. Superfastgo is the type of album that Ross would've made if he actually knew about music. With Superfastgo, Peter Greisar throws away the idea of a musical genre, of typical musical patterns, and really any sort of normal song structure. It may not be for everyone, but it's definitely something new to try out.

The album opens up with I Do Everything. The song begins focusing on the keyboards, which sound like a Casio that my neighbor used to have in his basement. This is a good thing, though, and it gives the album a sort of "garage band" feel to it. Guitar virtuoso Tim Reynolds adds guitars to the song, but not the blistering fast acoustic stuff that most people are familiar with from him. Instead we get a crunching electric from Reynolds, that simply adds to the depth of the song. Simple, but with a nice groove and good vocals.

Loaded follows, somewhat more poppy then I Do Everything. The keyboard again takes the lead in the song. A fun song, basically about getting messed up, which is always a fun thing to write about. It's a song that I could just picture folks at a concert swaying to. It's got an infectious groove to it, that sticks in your head. Tim Reynolds again adds guitar work to this track, but it really stay in the background while the keys keep the song going.

Bionic is probably the first song on the album that could get any sort of "mainstream" radio play. It's got a singer-songwriter feel to it, but it still keeps the less-is-more feel of the first two tracks. Simple keyboards, drums, and vocals. But, again, a song that keeps the listener interested in what's going on, and the bridge breaks up the song nicely.

If I Could Walk is an extremely mellow track, featuring some layered vocals and keyboard, and that's about it. The vocals are very simple, and a good deal of emotion comes out through them. It's not necessarily desperation, but more of a longing feel that comes from the song.

XXX-Mas is probably the weirdest song on the album. The vocals are distorted with a delay. The song again is notably for it's simplicity. The main lyrics alternate between "Alls I want for xxx-mas is a little piece. Alls I want for xxx-mas is a little peace." Pretty much seems like a song about going and getting some, which, again, is a great thing to have a song about. Peter does it in a very different way then what most people are used to, though

The title track is next, and is the first really upbeat song on the album. Some computerized vocals are mixed with Peter's singing. A medium paced verse leads to a great, high-energy chorus. The song simply has a kick ass beat to it that basically forces you to at least bob your head along with the music. Without a doubt my favorite track on the album, and one that really gets the listener involved in the music. Again, not a complicated song, just a well written, fun tune.

It's Money keeps the high energy going. Not as fast paced as Superfastgo, but a song driven by the drums and hauntingly distorted vocals. Peter does a great job building the vocals to a climax at the end of the song. Another very distinct song, that keeps the listener interested without having to lose it's basic simplicity.

Naughty is another "loud" song, again keeping up the high energy instead of going back to the mellow groove. Another song that is driven by vocals and drums, and quite a bit of guitar work also.

Spy Girl 76 sounds like a complete throwback to the late 70's, and immediately reminded me of David Bowie's "Fame." It almost comes across as a dance song, except not the type of dance song that you hear nowadays. It doesn't include all of that unnecessary overproduction of today. Instead, it's got some great music to move to, and a guest appearance from Leroi Moore on the saxophone.

Hold On Me goes back to the mellowness of the beginning of the album. The basic drum and keyboards make for a song that allows the vocals to take the lead. A great love song, that avoids being too sappy or overdone.

Go Away has a very childish feel to it. The keyboards almost sound like what you'd hear at a carnival, if only they were sped up quite a bit. A very mellow, slow song, but with music that's almost uplifting.

The album closes out with Stones and Flowers. A simple way to close out the album, with just Peter, his keyboard, and crickets. It comes across as a thank you to the listener, for taking the time to spend the time with this album and take this strange journey with Peter. A very appropriate way to close out the album.

This isn't the type of album that's gonna appeal to your normal crowd. It's an album that challenges the listener. However, the album does that by keeping things almost overly simple, which gives the listener an opportunity to really pay attention to everything that's going on. Basically, the album will give you whatever you want from it. If you're looking for songs to get up and dance to, it's here. If you want music to put on as background music, instead of the usual "adult contemporary" crap, this works for that to. If you want music to go out and get some to, I haven't done that yet to this album, but I'd imagine that it'd work pretty well for that as well. If you have an open mind musically, check this one out. Go to Offset Records or Superfastgo.com for MP3's and info about buying the album. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

The 411 .::. Superfastgo is a solid debut from Peter Greisar, with a great variety of styles blended into 12 wonderfully simplistic songs.

Final Score: 8.0

http://www.411mania.com/music/reviews/article.php?reviews_id=599

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  6:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
411 Exclusive: Interview With Peter Greisar
Posted By Jeff Modzelewski on 02.14.03 Interview with Peter Greisar. Conducted Jan. 30, 2003

Peter Greisar is releasing his debut album, Superfastgo on Offset Records this month. You can check out my review for the album here. The former keyboardist for the Dave Matthews Band took the time to talk to me on the phone on January 30th, and here’s the transcript of that interview.

Jeff Modzelewski-When did you first start writing music?

Peter Greisar-Umm, God, I don’t know. I think I’ve always thought of writing music. I can’t really remember when I first started music, if that makes any sense. I was always sort of making up songs when I was a little kid

JM-Oh, so did you have a lot of instruments around the house?

PG-Piano, guitar yeah.

JM-Well, that’s all you really need to get started

PG-Yeah

JM-What type of music did you like when you first started listening? What style where you into?

PG-That’s a good question, like, what was the first record you bought. I’m trying to think, way way back. I got an old, really Fisher 2 record player when I was a kid that you stack a bunch of records on,, pretty young, didn’t have any money to get records. Pretty much limited to what people would give me(laughs)

JM-Did you have any favorite bands when you were a kid, stuff that you were really into?

PG-Yeah, I think that when I was really really young, I listened to things like 3 Dog Night, and stuff like that that was hangin’ around. And then when I was more of a teenager I listened to a lot of Bowie and Talking Heads.

JM–I heard a lot of the Bowie influence on the CD, especially on Spy Girl. I heard “Fame” when I heard it. Popped in my head right away.

PG-Cool. And, yeah, just a lot of bands like that, and a lot of New Wave at the time too, early on, and Prince, the Cure

JM-When you first started seriously playing music, what type of music where you into then, what were you emulating.

PG-I don’t know, I think that by the time I decided to drop what I was doing and pursue music, I was trying to not emulate anything at that point, I was trying to make what I was making. That’s what kinda made me decide that I wanted to do that. I was about 19 I think when I dropped out of college

JM-A lot of people who know who you are because of Dave Matthews Band, so I’ve got a couple of questions about them. What was the writing process like in your time with the band?

PG-Sort of casual, very casual. We were just having a good time, putting songs together. I always think that songwriting is much easier in a colaborative setting, even if there’s someone there who’s not saying much. It lubricates the process, and my memories of this process is we’re sort of just one casual and two functional cause we needed a song, then we needed another song.

JM-So you had to just keep writing them

PG-Yeah

JM-You left the band just in 93, just when the wheels were starting to turn, and things were taking off a little bit more, what was the decision there, what was the thought process?

PG-That’s always a hard question because, again, what you do, there’s never always for one reason. At least me, for me, all the different things going on at that moment. In retrospect, it’s always really hard to answer that question in a functional way. It’s hard to pin it on one thing. But, that would be the time to do it. If you didn’t feel like that was what you wanted to be doing for a really really long time, then it strange to hang around a little longer just as they got popular and then quit. So, I thought, the band had experienced this first huge spurt of growth, and created itself and found it’s soul in that first section, and then it was time for a whole other process to begin. I thought, that’s a good time to probably move on and do something else

JM-any chance we’re ever gonna see you get up on stage with them at some point, even just for a couple of songs?

PG-I have no idea. I mean, I wouldn’t say no, but I also have no dates on the calender where I’m supposed to be specifically doing that.

JM-Not in your plan, but something in the right situation you’d be open to

PG-Oh yeah, I’m open to it, it’s just not something that’s been planned

JM-Are you still following their music closely, what they’ve been putting out?

PG-Not as closely as the body of their fans, cause they have an incredibly dedicated fanbase, probably one of their keys to their success, one of the most interesting, intriguing things about the band, and I think if you look at it, if you study bands, so, yeah I do follow their music, I just know that there’s three million people out there who could beat me in a quiz, even the stuff I did with the band.

JM-Are there any particular memories you have about that last show, the “Big League Chew” that’s pretty famous among the hardcore fans?

PG-I just remember it being, I think I decided to stop playing on Sunday, talked to Dave about it on Monday, and then the last show was on Tuesday. I told the guys in the band right as we were soundchecking basically.

JM-Pretty emotional show probably

PG-Yeah, in that sense it was.

JM-So what type of stuff have you been listening to recently? What type of stuff do you have in your CD player?

PG-That’s a good question, I’ve got, of course I don’t have a CD player anymore, I’ve got my laptop, like everyone else. I just moved recently, so I’ve been burning all my CD’s that are still playable into the computer, and it’s been a slow process. I’ve been listening to Dr. Dre., the 2001 album, the one with Eminem on it, I listened to that kinda a lot, cause it’s got a good feeling to it. Up here at least, cause I don’t have much time, I’ve been working a lot. At work, mostly I listen to the radio at work, what gets played up here a lot, so I hear a lot of System of a Down(laughs)

JM-You into those guys?

PG-Ya know, it’s nice that they like ‘em up here so much that they play a lot of deeper cuts, because if I just heard a lot of their hits, no I wouldn’t like them so much. But I like a lot of their earlier stuff, actually, the stuff that got them popular.

JM-Yeah, I love their first album, I like all their stuff.

PG-Yeah, and that song Innervision is way overplayed out here at least. If they have a fanbase anywhere it’s out here, the DJ’s just love them.

JM-What are the plans for you hittin’ the road, are you gonna be touring behind this album?

PG-Yeah, I think, you never know what’s gonna happen with a record I guess. I don’t have much experience with it, but, I have no grand scheme to kind of sweep the nation or anything like that, it’s just an independent release first record, I’m trying to think about working on the second record, come out behind it first, because, it’s a cheaper and easier way for me to kind of get more recognition, get more people listening to them, try to establish a career on my own. It’s really really hard on everyone on the road when you’re trying to tour a record, and what you’re really touring is a reputation with another band. You’re dealing with an expectation that people expect one kind of music and they get something different, and then sadly sometimes for some reason shocks a lot of people(laughs)

JM-Yeah I know I wasn’t sure what I was gonna get coming into the record

PG-Right, and it’s weird because, if you pop in a record that you’ve never heard, if you don’t even know who it is, you’re gonna put it in, you don’t know what to expect. But you don’t know what to expect against a backdrop of nothing, instead of not knowing what to expect against a backdrop of something that you either like or dislike, or that you have an emotional response to, an expectation of.

JM-What are your goals musically? It’s never seen that you’re in it for the money, you’re in it to make music. But where would you like to see your career go?

PG-I don’t know. I think about making the music. I guess I’d like to have the ability to continue doing that. I appreciate it in my life, I’m happy with what I do. So, at this point, the ability to continue doing it is a good thing.

JM-Do you feel that the ready-made fanbase with the Dave Matthews Band fanbase, has that affected your writing style? Did you feel you wanted to make them happy a little bit, or have you done your best to leave that out of it?

PG-I really don’t write at all considering any fanbase at all, cause I really don’t have a fanbase, be it a ready-made fanbase or not. If you can get anybody to listen to you, that’s awesome. That’s just a huge bonus to me in a lot of ways. But at the same time, that’s Dave’s fanbase, and it’d be insane for me to expect them to be my fanbase. It’s great of them to give me a listen, and if they like what I do, that’s cool too. But, yeah, maybe it’s a little old school, but I kinda write for myself. I write, not cause I’m gonna listen to it, but because it’s what’s in my head, and it’s good to get it out. A little occupational therapy (laugh)

JM-When you wrote the album, Superfastgo, was it a continuous process, or did you just take individual songs that you had in the past and try to work them together?

PG-I took some songs from the past and songs that I thought were defining of the feel of record, and I tried to put them together, then I wrote a few songs afterwards, cause again, I never expected when I was recording with the band in L.A. that that would be the record. It was supposed to be a demo for something. It started out like that, and about halfway through the process it was dropped on me that “Oh no, this is gonna be your record.” And it was like “Oh.” And at the time I had a management that I don’t have any more, and I was like OK, and I just kinda went along with it, then I had to kinda do a lot of work to it afterwards to make it into a record that I thought was kinda a cool record. It needed some extra songs, a little different vibe.

JM-Any songs that you particularly think represent what you’re trying to do, that you have a lot of attachment to?

PG-One thing I really like doing is trying to not over-do these things. For me at least, as a musician, my mind appreciates basic music from my mind to sing along. Whether I sing along or move along or think melody, add an instrument, whatever it is, it’s really nice to have that space. So one thing I do for me moreso, and it can be a problem is that I kinda leave things a little simple, I don’t overdevelop stuff.

JM-There weren’t many intricate riffs or anything

PG-Yeah, it’s not about that. If there’s anything intricate, it’s kinda being squirrly about the patterns and stuff like that in the song. I like writing songs that people can play.

JM-Kinda pick up as you go along.

PG-Yeah, and the other thing about it is, songs, they were played. They’re not cut and paste songs.

JM-Do you have anything else you wanna talk about here?

PG-Just that, again, I’m psyched if anyone’ll give it a listen.

JM-Well, I’ve been listening to it, it’s been a frequent CD at work, cause a lot of what I listen to gets heavy, and it’ll offend people, and this at least doesn’t offend people around me. But I found that I really like putting it in at work and just listening to it, it’s good to work to

PG-It can get kinda heavy, at moments, it’s not sustained

JM-The middle of the CD has four good jammin’ songs in a row, beginning of the CD is pretty mellow, and the end of the CD. I really get into Nasty, Spy Girl, Money, and Superfastgo, Superfastgo is probably my favorite track of the album

PG-I think that that definitely represents how I feel about what I do, the world I have to kind of exist in. If anything that’s one that caters to the audience, any possible audience, cause that’s how I feel where people are at.

JM-It’s got a great mood to it. Thanks a lot for taking the time to stop and talk to me here.

PG-Well, thank you very much. I appreciate talkin’ to you. Look forward to playing Ohio soon.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/article.php?news_id=2060

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2003 :  6:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun reading, thanks for posting these!

Go to Top of Page

j. tayloe emery
Is Anybody Here?

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2003 :  12:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit j. tayloe emery's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a new mp3 from peter's cd (with tim on guitar) available for free download at his label's website. The song is called LOADED and is based upon the biography of Peter's ex manager, who has a book out called LOADED too

http://www.offsetrecords.com/griesar.html for mp3

jte
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2003 :  3:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey jte, Just wanted to thank you for posting Loaded for all to check out, as it is my fave song from the CD. Also wanted to let you know the CD's arrived safe and I will take them to CO with me for the TR acoustic shows. Thanx again for all the support.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  04:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for ericclapton

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000