New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2001 :  12:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a live MP3 of Smile! I was scouring the Internet, and it is impossible to find. Most were a bunch of shitty dead links. If anyone can provide one, please email xfilecase@hotmail.com. Or just get back to me on this board!

I'm going insane, I need to hear it live.

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2001 :  11:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
its my favourite song on Stream, and i would looooooove to hear it live

Erich w/ an h
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2001 :  12:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly, someone who agrees with me! Anyone please find a live version of Smile!

Keep tapin and tradin.
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2001 :  03:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
its funny, now that i think of it. Ive been going through tons of tim shows, the setlists, the shows i have....

I dont know of one show that tim even played Smile. i would give a left testical to even see a live version, let alone see it first hand...

Erich w/ an h
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2002 :  09:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well did anyone ever find a version of...... Smile. I have several versions of a Pearl Jam song named Smile...but I'm not sure it's the same one

EVERGREEN 143
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  5:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i hear ya... smile is probably one of my fav tim songs... i love to play it... the bit that i figured out... anyone have a good tab for it?

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  03:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just noticed Arthen started this post way back when. What ever happen to him? Anyone know.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  03:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we sent him on a slow boat to shanghi

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  03:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
right after we beat him like a red headed step-child.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  07:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats not very nice, where's the love? HEHE beat him like a red-headed stepchild. I always loved that one!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  9:01:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Fluffy, so what's that one from?

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  9:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My best guess would have to be one of the Problem Child movies. It seems to be the most logical.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  9:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
NEXT PLEASE!

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  9:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But....but....it made SENSE!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2002 :  10:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That saying comes from my father... well, he was the first one to say it to me.

- Cresentfresh.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think it's just a funny saying.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
(in best Simpsons' lawyer voice) "Wait a minute, I'm confused." What saying? My signature? Or one of the responses.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, I'm lost!! Back to beating each other like red-headed stepchildren! Headbutt anyone?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK! I'll take that challenge! On the count of 3! 1.....2.....Hey Fluffy look! There's some Mac & Cheese sitting out on the windowsill!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  12:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb Said:
quote:
Hey Fluffy look! There's some Mac & Cheese sitting out on the windowsill!!!
(Fluffy, momentarily distracted, loses concentration and loses the first round of headbutting)
You fight dirty, my friend. 1, 2, 3, CHARGE!!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  01:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb grabs hold of his spaghetti dick and wraps it around Fluffy's legs.....and he's down!!!!

(In my best Homer impression) Hahahahahahahaha....two in a row!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  01:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not only do you fight dirty, thats just SICK!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Get that thing offa me!!! I hope you're wearing a condom.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  01:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry but they don't make 'em that long!!!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  02:10:18 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think it's just a funny saying.

Maybe it's a funny saying that made it into a movie that I've seen. Because I did see it in a movie.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  03:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What saying?!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2002 :  04:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb Said:
quote:
What saying?!!!!!
Do I have to say it again, I am gonna beat you like a red-headed stepchild!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2002 :  4:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EnthuTIMsiast Said:
quote:
Maybe it's a funny saying that made it into a movie that I've seen. Because I did see it in a movie.

It is an expression I have heard many times, I don't know where it comes from but I have heard it in dozens of movies. I have also heard it as "Beat you like a bald-headed stepchild" I don't know where it was first used, but it gets used alot.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2002 :  05:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ooooohhhhhhh....I got lost in the cross-references.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  1:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're so easily confused!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  1:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Evil will always win... because good is dumb.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  4:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PCBDuMB!!!! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  4:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Put YOU in DMB and what do you have? DuMB!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2002 :  6:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Me fail English?! That unpossible!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  12:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OOOh, still no one has gotten this movie quote...Haha. I'll give you a clue... Charlie Sheen was in this movie. I'll remind you ADHD people what the quote was.

I'm going to beat you like a red headed step-child.

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2002 :  8:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Charlie Sheen? Hot Shots?

"I do what I can with what I've got."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2002 :  1:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nyet!

-Jason-

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Put YOU in DMB and what do you have? DuMB!!

MWahhhahahahhaha. That's good Fluffy.

But seriously folks. No one has gotten this quote...

I'll never tell...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  11:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My next guess will be Major League.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  12:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Since you were kind enough to guess, I'll tell you...

The Wraith. Or Raith, however you spell it.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  12:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh that's why I don't know.........because I never heard of that movie before.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  12:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's a reason...it sucks.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  01:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I liked The Wraith. I am sure that is not the first usage of the expression, I would sure like to find out where that expression came from. I wonder if it had something to do with Lil Abner?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  02:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
possible derivations:

“RED-HEADED VILLAIN – As Rosalind says in (Shakespeare’s) ‘As You Like it,” His very hair is of the dissembling color. Villains have frequently been depicted in fiction as redheads, perhaps due to the tradition that Judas Iscariot (who betrayed Christ) had red hair. Redheads were once thought to be so deceitful that the fat of dead red-haired men was used as an ingredient in poisons and fish baits…” From the “Encyclopedia of Word and Phrase Origins” by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997). Page 568.

: A stepchild might be singled out for abuse. But a red-headed stepchild (who presumably looks like his or her absent birth-parent) might be abused even more because he or she is so obviously different from the other children.

Also found references to Judas Iscariot being red-headed and maybe it somehow derived from this.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you'll notice, I never suggested that this movie was the originator of that saying...

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  09:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And I never said you did, I only commented that it was definitely not the first usage of expression as I am searching for it's origin and that is definitely NOT IT!

Not It!

No Tit!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're right, that's no tit.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  06:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Noted: NO TIT

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000