Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Did you get the new Opeth album yet, Fluffy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2002 :  5:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Deliverance, I hear its Opeths heaviest and weirdest to date. Im going to pick it up tomorrow and tell you how it is if you havent.

For anyone else, if youve never heard of Opeth, go out and buy yourself Blackwater Park. Its easily one of the best metal releases of the past few years, along side Immortal's "Sons Of Northern Darkness" cd.

~pw'oikr
~( ">

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2002 :  02:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
got it. Its definatly brutal as fuck at certain times, especialy By The Pain I See Others. Jesus thats a freakin amazing song. the other songs take some time to absorb as its a different approach than Black Water Park, but its still great. Worth the buy

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  6:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if none of you guys have ever listened to this group, i suggest you download the song Deliverance. The last 3 minutes are probably the greatest ending to heavy metal song ive heard in a while, its amazing stop time riffage.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  03:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHH!!! THEYRE PLAYING NYC!!! im so fucking pumped its not comprehensible!!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2002 :  04:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm....me like...

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  05:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, whens the NYC show? I still don't have the new CD. I forgot to buy it the other day when I bought Audioslave. I meant to remember to buy them together next TIMe I was in a BestBuy, but as is the case with most people, I forgot what I needed to buy the minute I started looking around. Oh well, maybe I can pick it up tomorrow. If you can, LMK when they are playing NYC or if there is a date scheduled for WDC.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  3:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tour dates:

Fri 01/17/03 Montreal, QC Foufounes Electriques

Sat 01/18/03 Worcester, MA The Palladium

Sun 01/19/03 New York, NY Irving Plaza

Tue 01/21/03 Springfield, VA Jaxx

Wed 01/22/03 Philadelphia, PA The Trocadero

Thu 01/23/03 Pittsburgh, PA Club Laga

Fri 01/24/03 Toronto, ON Opera House

Sat 01/25/03 Cleveland, OH Agora Theatre

Mon 01/27/03 Chicago, IL House Of Blues

Wed 01/29/03 Boulder, CO Fox Theatre

Fri 01/31/03 San Francisco, CA The Pound SF

Sat 02/01/03 San Diego, CA To Be Announced

im glad theyre playing Irving Plaza instead, its a lot easier to get to.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2002 :  05:22:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, I am thinking about trying to make the NY show and the Jaxx show on the following Tuesday. Would you be interested in accompaning me back to DC for the Jaxx show. I am gonna see if I can set up that weekend with Jon Soldo to go up and do photos from the 2nd leg tour and see Opeth. Hope it all works out. Planning early is always best but not always the best for me. I work much better on last minute plans. It is so hard for me to plan that far in advance. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2003 :  04:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PS I tried to buy the Opeth CD at the bestbuy near our resort while on vacation with my parents but they didn't have it. I was so bummed. Hopefully I will find it soon. T'n'T both say it is GREAT. I can't wait to hear it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  12:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking maybe you could take a bus down for the anti-war rally on the 18th and we could drive back to NY together. Read above for more details of what I am talking about.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  01:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wish i could fluffy . Im between jobs so money is tight, i was able to get my ticket for the show but thats it. I can still meet up with you before the show and you can tell me all about it. Im still doing my best to be as anti-war as possible but being broke doesnt help.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2003 :  1:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how was their New York concert Erich????

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000