Wicked
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  10:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My parents just decided to buy me an awesome electric-upright bass for my graduation/x-mas (go jesus) present. Just the thing I needed to pick me up out of this depression which is the last two weeks full of paper writing, finals, juries, and recitals!

http://www.gelbass.com/PG_PRODEMBS.HTM

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2002 :  10:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, now they are great parents!!!! Have fun with your new guitar!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  06:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, thats a pretty awesome looking FB, especially after finals.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  06:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I once told a funny TR story that also mentioned an acoustic bass.(even thought you are talking about an upright electric) I thought this was as good a place as any to relive it.

Don't remember where(surprise surprise, Rew is much better at that than me)Anyway, we were staying in this hotel and next to the hotel was a BIG music store. We needed a few supplies(guitar stand, strings, new BOSS tuner, etc) and we had gotten into town the day before the gig, so we marched on over to do a little shopping. Tim became quite enamoured with this acoustic guitar there.(I know you are all gonna bum about this because I know your types, the first question out of your mouths is "WHAT KIND OF GUITAR?") Well I don't remember the make or brand or anything other than it was BEAUTIFUL! Tim playing it there in the store brought that guitar to life. It sounded so sweet. Keep in mind that was on the first electric tour I did with TR, so I had never seen him play an acoustic before. I was blown away, by Tim and by the guitar. It was pretty expensive but TR seemed to really like it. Well we decided he would think about it for a while and if he wanted it we could stop and get it after we checked out of the hotel on our way outta town. I guess the more he thought about it the more he decided he had to have that guitar. We went back the following morning to get it and we walked in, Tim picked up the guitar and within 5 seconds turned to me and said "What the fuck am I thinking? I am never gonna play acoustic again!" He hung the guitar back on the wall and as we started to walk out, Houston(TR's bass player) had decided to buy an equally beautiful acoustic bass. So he bought his bass and we left and I got this great story and memory of TR shunning the acoustic guitar. Only made funnier by the fact that less than 1 year later he called me and told me to gear up for an acoustic tour. I was like is this something YOU want to do or is someone convincing you this is what you should do? He told me that on the break after the electric tours he had rediscovered the acoustic and was feeling very moved and creative in that direction. After a long discourse on his personal rediscovery I was convinced it would be the time of my life. If he was this into it, It surely couldn't be a bad thing. I signed on for it and it has certainly been a sweet ride. Although from time to time I miss the guys and the electric stuff. I am sure, knowing Tim, that one day I will get to do the electric stuff with him again. I am patient to wait as I would much rather be doing the electric stuff with him when it is what HE wants to do. I know he gives it his all under those circumstances and it can't be anything but great if he is INTO it. I really believe that comes thru in a performance. Whether an artist is really into it or just going thru the motions. I for one would much rather see someone going for it, than just going thru the motions. Looking back at what I have just written, it may be one of the stories where you had to be there. It really was funny as hell at the TIMe, and still one of my fave TR TouR sToRies!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=760

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2002 :  09:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oooooohhhhh.......very nice. Congrats!

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  5:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's a cool bass... Does it give a full acoustic sound like big DBs? Or is there a reduction because the body's smaller?

It's cool, either way.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2002 :  5:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't have the projection and volume acoustically that a normal stand-up has, but it's still enough to practice with or play acoustically in a small acoustic jam...which is 100% more than most electric uprights...And plugged in it sounds exactly like a normal upright...

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000