09/04/02 Allston, MA Harpers Ferry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2002 :  01:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
so about the tim reynolds show last night- f***ing amazing! despite that tim sold out harpers ferry in boston (bar with about 550-600 capacity) as soon as he played his acoustic stuff, most everyone left. r/o...

Posted by will on September 05, 19102 at 10:19:02:

tim opened with some programmed drum beats over which he ripped amazing electric solos while some funky computer graphics and world news scenes played on a screen behind him. i couldnt tell you the names of any songs because he mumbled them but they all had a very sharp social commentary of anti-war, pro peace. some images were quite disturbing- for about 10 minutes, all that flashed were images of plane crashes and wreckages while tim sang about how people just want money and how our essential differences split us apart. then he picks up the acoustic.... the crowd goes nuts.... tim rips into stream and does an exceptionally long "cocaine fury" interlude that has everyone cheering forever. as a fellow guitarist on a plane of music that looks up to tim, i can only hope to imagine how he possibly does that. he followed with another acoustic tune, the name of which was lost in the mumbles, but nontheless stellar. he finished up with more electric solos over preset drum beats, while he masterfully juped between a keyboard and his guitar. by the end of the show, there were only about 40-50 people there, unfortunately. i probably should have said up front that the entire audience was rich white kids who only knew the l@lc album. i know this probably isnt true, but thats the vibe i got and that vibe was reinforced when the majority of the crowd left after the acoustic set. so then i go outside and notice my car has been towed- motherfuckers!!!! so we find out where the towing company is and walk 2 miles to it... get this... my car is right up front, no more then 20 feet from the gate (which was open i might add), no attendant in sight... i couldve snuck in, grabbed it and been off. but no!!!! the girl i was with was like "the cops will pull us over...arrested... jail..." to make a long story short, she won, i paid 100 bucks to some femullet twerp and i got my car back legally. not next time... those asses arent getting me again...

peace,
will

http://daveboard.dnsq.org/messages/64.html

I found this posted on a dmb board while searching the internet.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000