New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Donia
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2002 :  02:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to say that Tim was amazing in Jacksonville, FL at Freebird Cafe. I have seen pleny of amazing concerts by big-name bands, but none as powerful as Tim Reynolds. You didn't need lyrics for the most important messages. He had some amazing background film. Some were of the invasion in Panama; I was there for the invasion in 1989 as an American citizen, and it was some pretty whacked out stuff. I got your message, Tim. I was there with you for the whole concert, and I understand what you want everyone to understand. I salute you for being brave enough for trying to get the message out.

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2002 :  02:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD Donia!

That's pretty scary that you were in Panama during the invasion. Did you leave immedately after?

A friend of mine was an airlift pilot at the time and was bringing back the wounded. It really freaked him out since so many of the kids on his plane were the same age as his youngest brother.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2002 :  05:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Donia. I was at that show too. It's late and I need sleep, but I'll post my thoughts here tomorrow. Yes, it was definitely an amazing show.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  11:22:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Freebird Cafe was a great place to see TR. The lights and the fog combined with Tim's visuals added a lot to the show. Sometimes it was like the visuals fit the music too well, which really gave it sort of a surreal feeling. It really was unbelievable. We all know how fast and powerful Tim can get with an electric, but I honestly don't think I've ever heard or seen him play anything like he did on that one song(name?) that had all the flashing words on the screen(I saw FLUFFY and REW in those words, that was cool). Kundalini Bonfire was really impressive too, of course. It was great to hear My Shadow. That's one of my favorite songs from Sanctuary. After hearing it on one of the bootlegs, I was really hoping he'd play it. Jemez Rolling Waves and The Wayfarer were the other acoustic songs. For me, the highlight of the evening was definitely Lift. It instantly made me homesick, in a good way. The feeling that I got, especially when he'd hang on those bends, was beyond words. To explain a little anyway, high school was less than a good experience. For three years my mind was stuck in a really bad place. But during that song I was able to remember the good parts of it all, to the point that when I closed my eyes I felt like I was right there, smoking a bowl with my friends in the mountains staring up at the stars, or riding around just having a good time. Didn't mean to switch from a show review to a biography, but music has always been a powerful element in my life, and that's one of the most memorable effects music has had on me. It's really got me looking forward to the drive back home to see the all the people I haven't seen in four months. It was great to hang out after the show and talk with Fluffy and get a couple pics with Tim. And I didn't realize it before I got there, but the venue was right accross the street from the beach. So after they got the van packed up and headed out, I went over to the beach. It was two o'clock in the morning and chilly, but I pretty much had the beach to myself and the waves were calming, so it was still worth it. Overall, this is exactly what I needed.

Peter Prince is the shit.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  11:23:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I got there early so I could find my place in the first row, but hey, that's a given
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  12:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I noticed "FLUFFY" but I didn't catch REW in the visuals. Thought that was cool. I'm not sure what political statement "FLUFFY" means...should we just boycott Fluffy to be safe? Ha, just kidding.

Good review dirtysloth. And the biography's fine with me.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  7:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did he have Eura's, Josten's, or Diane's names up there? Just curious.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  03:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nope, those visuals were created by Mason, not TR. The show at Freebird Cafe was quite a show. First we got to use their screen so the visuals were gigantic. It was very kewl. Freebirds is owned by the widow of a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd and it is an outstanding venue. Everyone was very nice and genuinely seemed interested in the music. It was a great turn-out. Sold out to my understanding and most of the crowd stuck for the whole show. It was great seeing dirtysloth after the show and we stayed at a hotel overlooking the beach. It was the most beautiful sunrise over the water. Wait till you see the pics. We hope to play there again in the future. TR actually sought out the owner before we left to thank her and congratulate her on such an awesome club.

Glad you liked the show Donia, Welcome aBOARD!!! Hope to meet you at a future show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000