New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarlJ
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  3:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in such a hurry to post the review for the Charleston Show that I completely left out Peter Prince..if you have never heard of him, he is someone that you should definitely check out. His combination of good songs, humor, and facially and body expressions will keep you laughing and at then edge of your seat. I saw him with Tim at Bucknell University at the Halloween show and it was great. Tim and Peter both remember that show because of the building it was played in..the Weis Center..it is like a minature Carnagey Hall, and it had great acoustics..That was the first time I heard Peter and it was definitely worth the wait of two years to hear him again..Thanks for everything Tim, Peter, and Fluffy. I will post pictures soon from the show.

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  4:40:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I gotta back you up on that one man. I was definatly taken away by Peter. He is amazing and gets the crowd going. I heard him and Tim played a song at one of the shows I would have given an appendage to hear that. so if anyone has a recording please drop me line. It is unfortunate Mike peter princes friend who was selling CD's couldnt come for the second leg of the tour he was an alright guy also. The moonboot lover cds are great i bought 3 of them.

about the appendage thing. well i would give up an appendage to play with tim.... but the recording would be nice of that show
Rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

KarlJ
Is Anybody Here?

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2002 :  4:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought one of Peter's cds from him, I hung out with him a little after the show and he had one in his pocket? Which song are you looking for? I may be able to get it.
Go to Top of Page

DaRavyn
Chatterbox

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2002 :  12:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit DaRavyn's Homepage  Send DaRavyn an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont know I read on some post on here tha at one of the shows Tim and Peter did a song together. All I know i it was from a post. But there was another song the second song he played at BSU that was really good too, a slower song.
Rob

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2002 :  01:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
tim came out for a song with peter on 5/7/01, and that was recorded but is lying on a DAT in Jon Soldos house somewhere waiting to surface (cmon, jon ). picture:

this is one of the TWO times this ever happened, the other was the other Wetlands show in '00, yet a recording does not seem to exist.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2002 :  02:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What would I give for the combined TRecordings of Jon, Fluffy, and Kyle. That would be one hell of a collection. If they'd be (or any one of them would be) willing to tree these, we could have them spread in no time. I'd beg, but I know it'd be useless. I'd offer the proverbial left nut, but I'm going to have to assume that they either already have a left nut, or the absense of one where the original wasn't working. So what good would mine do?

In any event, I'd be willing to do many many things to get these recordings.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2002 :  03:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
fuck dude, you and I both. what i want to do is hook up with Mason one day and up all the recordings hes got to the archive.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  09:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, thanx again for answering the question at hand before I had a chance to. I appreciate the help. I must admit, I do not remember TR taking the stage with Peter at the Knitting Factory. I would have sworn that only happened at The Wetlands. I certainly could be wrong, I see an awful lot of TR and PP shows. HEHE

As for the library of recordings, I hope to sort them all out and would welcome the help if someone else wanted to tree them. We collect the recordings for the express purpose of sharing them with anyone interested. Unfortunately, all aspects of that take alot of TIMe that I just don't have. I hope to be able to make them ALL available at some point in the future. It may be a slow process, but be patient, it will happen.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  09:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've said this 20 times probably, but I will help however I can. If you want to send any cds to me, I'll be HAPPY to tree them, B&P them, trade them, whatever. I'd just like to get what's out there out there. I think maybe you know me well enough to trust me with doing that, if you ever get the chance. But I understand that you're busy, and don't fault you for that. Glad that you're at least willing.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2002 :  2:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i would gladfully do as much as i can as well. So far 80% of my recordings have gone up to the archive. the other bit is still waiting cause i havent the time to fully edit it yet, but it'll be really really soon. Well, that and the other parts are videos too that cant be archived, at least not yet. Anyway, yeah, anything i get will be cheerfully uploaded so that we can share that with the online world. As for the videos... one day.

btw, fluffy, it was only the two wetlands shows that the peter/tim thing happened, in '00 and '01. So your memory isnt fading

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  03:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I still only remember TR coming out with PP once at the wetlands. Unfortunately, I did not get pictures that night as I was videoing the show for Devon and Jess. To my knowledge, Jess has a video recording of that show that I will probably get a copy of at some point. Keep your fingers crossed.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  12:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that was the one from '01, and the one from '00 you got a picture of:

id love to see a video of the 00 wetlands show, thats the show that really got me into tim 100%.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  7:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well there you go, even my memory can slip. Thanx for pointing it out. Hopefully I will talk to Jess and get a copy of the video. I will let you know when and if that happens. I am sure it is just a matter of TIMe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

toulon99
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  7:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy. There were two Camera's (both MiniDV) at the 5/7/01 show. Mine was the other. Not sure of the quality difference between these two tapes but I do know that the other camera has one song that is cut do to a tape change. I luckily timed my change well and don't have a cut. I also taped Peter Prince. My camcorder was stolen so I don't have a way of converting it at the moment. I have been meaning to borrow someone's but have procrastinated for a long time.

Anyway I will try and convert soon and get it out there. I used seperate Coresound mics so the sound is pretty decent. I would love to mix with the soundboard since I know it was taped. If anyone has it.

Cheers,

James

P.S. I am in NYC if anyone has the means to convert right away, we could make a night of it.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  8:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
holy shit, that made my night James, nice. Ive got the SBD of the 5/7 show, but no means of help with the MiniDV. I think seeing a vid of Peters set would be AMAZING. thanks for the info!!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

toulon99
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  8:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erich, we will have to meet up and do a swap of CD's so I can aquire the SBD.

Peter's set is and was hysterical. I can't wait to relive this show. I am so excited I am going to try and convert in two weeks when my friend gets back into town(he owns a Camcorder). So in the next two weeks or so let us try and make an exchange or if it is on a server I could DL.

cheers
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2003 :  9:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
heres the thread with info on whats available on the archive. that sbd is up there:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3105

take care

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

toulon99
Is Anybody Here?

4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  6:06:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does your copy of this SBD have the occasional pop.

Just verifying to make sure it is not my burn and inherent in the original DAT.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2003 :  10:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think some of those May '01 dsbds have that problem. its a tiny click now and then, nothing serious, but i believe its on the dat, yeah.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000