New fan with dumb ?s
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet
Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  12:29:34 PM  Show Profile  Send 34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet an AOL message  Reply with Quote
High school student, low on cash, and into a new artist. What do ya'll recommend I get, and from where? Also, I've been looking for MP3s on the net and through Kazaa, but i cant find any anywhere. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  12:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing you mean what TIM stuff to get? Here's what I'd suggest, in no order at all.

Light Up Ahead
Stream
Gossip Of The Neurons
Puke Matrix
Sanctuary
Nomadic Wavelength
ChaosView
Petroglyph
See Into Your Soul
ID - From The Lab
Astral Projection

You can download Petroglyph and ID here (sometimes) and you can download lots of live shows from some other site...I'll find it...
Tim Reynolds Downloads
A high speed connection would help here greatly, and you'll probably have to convert from shn to mp3 to listen, but that's the best place.

Best place to buy the cds is thru this website, because profits help save the world. Purchase Tim Reynolds CDs. That takes you to TIM's site that links to musictoday.com and amazon.com, both which sell the discs.

If you're partial to electric or acoustic, it'll be easier to pick what to get.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  1:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Send 34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How do i convert from SHn to mp3? I'd say I'm partial to his electric.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mkwACT is probably the easiest way. Get it at etree.org, mkwACT.

Pretty easy to use, free... it's great. I'm not sure what electric shows are on the downloads page, but try some TR3 stuff...let me just check...well, unfortunately for you, unless you get TR3 stuff you might not find much electric.

As for electric cds you can purchase, I'd start with

Sanctuary (half acoustic+effects, half electric)
ChaosView (which I don't have yet, but it is electric.
Astral Projection
Puke Matrix
Petroglyph (which I don't have either, b/c I can't download it. oh and you can't buy this one.)

I think that does it.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  1:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Send 34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I downloaded the 2 CDs that are on the site which are ID and Petroglyph I think, pretty cool imo.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2002 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, congrats on having the longest long in name on this board. Welcome aBOARD.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  5:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

I'm guessing you mean what TIM stuff to get? Here's what I'd suggest, in no order at all.

Light Up Ahead
Stream
Gossip Of The Neurons
Puke Matrix
Sanctuary
Nomadic Wavelength
ChaosView
Petroglyph
See Into Your Soul
ID - From The Lab
Astral Projection

You can download Petroglyph and ID here (sometimes) and you can download lots of live shows from some other site...I'll find it...
Tim Reynolds Downloads
A high speed connection would help here greatly, and you'll probably have to convert from shn to mp3 to listen, but that's the best place.

Best place to buy the cds is thru this website, because profits help save the world. Purchase Tim Reynolds CDs. That takes you to TIM's site that links to musictoday.com and amazon.com, both which sell the discs.

If you're partial to electric or acoustic, it'll be easier to pick what to get.

Ack...Astral Projection dead last. I love that album!!!

This vexes me....I'm terribly vexed.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  6:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Send 34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've listened to the songs that I got off the site. I enjoyed them, but I think I like the acoustic videos more. With this in mind what albums do you suggest, sorry for the sudden 180 :)
Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  6:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dirtysloth, the only thing that would be different about my list is the order...

and come to think of it, I don't know what the order would be. Probably:

Nomadic Wavelength
Gossip of the Neurons
Stream
See Into Your Soul

Yep. That's it.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  6:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I certianly wasn't meaning that I would put them in different order of acousticity, I just put them in order of my preference...sorry for the confusion.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2002 :  9:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe.....mine's quite different.

Nomadic Wavelength
See Into Your Soul
Stream
Gossip of the Neurons

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  04:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great recommendations by all!! That is some really good listening they are suggesting!!! Welcome aBOARD 34AMoGS!!!!(I love abbreviating)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  11:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Let's not forget that a majority of Gossip of the Neurons is improvised. And the only effects used are DD-5, reverb, and volume pedal.

But the fact that a lot of it is improv makes it my fav.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  11:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet. am i to guess youre a dmb fan?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Is Anybody Here?

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  12:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Send 34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just a tad Erich :) But then again, I'm a fan of a lot of stuff like cheeseburgers, Jimi Hendrix and Will Ferrell's Harry Caray impression. Thanks for ya'll opinions.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2002 :  07:42:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cheeseburgers....good stuff. Add some bacon to the mix and you have me hooked.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2003 :  11:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flaming Moe anyone? ? ? ?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  3:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 34AntsMarchinonGreyStreet
and Will Ferrell's Harry Caray impression

YES!! That was one of my favourite all-time SNL skits, so funny...And I've still never even seen the real Harry Caray.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2003 :  9:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

acousticity

Is that like synchronicity?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2003 :  12:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW, you don't see Harry Caray come up on a TIM REYNOLDS message board to often, or do you?

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2209

How bizarre that Harry Caray would come up twice on a message board you wouldn't expect it to. Jamie, I don't think you have seen this one, I think it was before your TIMe, check it out. ENJOY

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  5:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy
I think it was before your TIMe

Hey, no way! I've been here since the beginning(well not exactly), since LooseInterpretations! I just don't look at all the topics, there's just too many.
Thanks for the link though, I will enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2003 :  5:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wait, it's cause it was in the summer...I don't have computer access in the summer.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2003 :  6:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sucks. I can barely go a week without computer access.

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000