Fluffy's Hair Cut
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  1:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't around when Diane cut Fluffy's hair last Saturday, so if somebody has taken a photo, I'd love to see what it looks like now.

Micheal
Try A Little Harder

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2001 :  10:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Micheal's Homepage  Send Micheal an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Are you not Fluffy's sister? With the fire and odor and all, all I can think of is: "I've got a devil's haircut in my mind" Hey, I'm sure many folks here like me appreciate you helping Fluffy get his new laptop going so he could keep in touch on the rest of the tour. Peas

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2001 :  06:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Indeed Teri is my sister and the one who keeps me on track. Sorry to say Teri, it was a spur of the moment event. The scissors were sitting on the front seat she grabbed them and said let me cut that mess and before I could really think about it "SNIP" it was gone. Right there in front of the Hyatt about 2 minutes after you pulled away. No pics have been taken of the chop but I will see what I can do for ya. Everyone convinced me I should keep the chopped bit which I still have but have not idea what to do with. Any ideas.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2001 :  7:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, when I cut my hair off, I donated it to Locks Of Love (.org, I think). The make the hair into wigs for little kids that have cancer. The wigs would normally cost about 3 to 5 THOUSAND dollars, so donating the hair really allows a lot of kids that wouldn't otherwise be able to afford it to get hair and fit in, which I think everyone would agree is generally a good thing for a little kid.

In any event, I am not sure they will take damaged hair....you could contact them. AND they only take 10 inch donations, but if it is shorter than that, they will sell the hair (to other wig companies) to offset the cost of making the wigs for children with cancer.

I'll hunt down that link. I had it bookmarked when I donated my hair, but have lost it since...

Hope your hair doesn't smell too burned to do that. It makes you feel really good. Or it made me feel really good, I don't know what it will do for you.

-Jason-

Ok, I just checked and it is indeed http://www.locksoflove.org That should get you all the info you need if you are interested in that option.

Peace,

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2001 :  09:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jason, Thanx for the info but I burned off about 8 or 9 inches in the worst sections. Diane only had to cut off 2 to 4 inches to make it even. So I really don't have anything worthwile to contribute. plus what she cut off was all uneven and pretty funky. It really sucked. That is a pretty kewl thing you did and when my hair grows back and if I ever decide to cut it I will take your advice. What a noble reason to cut off your hair.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000