New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  12:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, I did well on my final I think. Actually I know I did. So that's good. But, my original plan was to leave town after the final. I have a friend in Charleston, which is a bit of a drive from Orlando, but I haven't seen a single friend in three months and still don't have any down here so I thought the trip would be more than worth it. Well, if you remember(I think I might have posted it somewhere), I was having car trouble. Major trouble. The transmission went out and fixing it would have cost more than the car was worth(we ended up selling it for $25). That was also on the day of a final actually, which was almost two months ago. Anyway, after holding on to my mother's car for a couple weeks, my uncle donates a car('88 Camry, 124k, much better than an '89 Plymouth Reliant 155k). Well, we think the radiator must be too small or something because it overheats on long trips, but generally does fine on short distances. It made the 850 mile trek from VA though, in 200 mile spurts. So I go about 50 miles. I stop and eat and let it cool down, even though it didn't even seem to need it(I kept a careful eye on the temperature guage). I fill it up with antifreeze which I had loaded up on, just in case, and head on my way. 10 miles down the road it's steaming. I pull over and try to let it cool down, but after an hour it won't even start. My cell phone is handy, but it's battery is not. I walk a couple miles to a gas station and wait a couple hours before a tow truck finally comes and I have it towed back home. So instead of having fun with my friend in Charleston right now, I'm at home and now I have $150 less in the bank and a car that won't start. So I get to take car of that problem this weekend, blow even more money, and on Monday a new class starts that's supposed to have twelve hour labs. I'm all about learning, I love Full Sail, but I could do without right now. Getting fucked over on test day is starting to become a tradition, getting worse each time. I bet I'll have another great story when the next final rolls around.

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  12:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy said:

quote:
"Life Sucks and then you Die!"

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  01:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa, that really sucks DirtySloth, i'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, but hey, like you said.

quote:
So, I did well on my final I think. Actually I know I did. So that's good

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  03:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes it is definately good that you did well on your final.

And I just had about two weeks worth of truck trouble. It was some switch in the ignition (no, not the starter nor the ignition itself), nad it took two weeks to get it apart, part ordered, back together, etc. So I can completely understand where you're coming from with that. Sorry man.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  05:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey dirtysloth, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I think somewhere back you and I were talking about liking "BRAD". Well they played at 9:30 Club the other nite and it was amazing. I know this is probably not cheering you up right now and you are thinking "Why the fuck is Fluffy rubbing it in?" BUT the good news is, I had the show recorded from the board and I will be able to provide you with a recording of the show if you are interested. Hopefully that will cheer you up a little. Sorry about the bad luck, remember, things can only get better.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  08:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear it turned out you were able to make the show. I bet it was great. And yes, that would definitely help to cheer me up! If you want to get something out of it too I'd be glad to trade for it... I've got a bunch of PJ and other things too... http://members.tripod.com/giventotrade/index.htm .... or however you want to handle it... just let me know... Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  09:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I probably won't get to it till after the 2nd Leg of the tour, but I am sure we can work it out. Just remind me when the tour is over.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  3:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: