Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 A song of mine...comments very welcome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  11:11:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey,
I thought I'd share a song I recorded called "Hi-Entropy" for those who are interested. I'm sharing it on my AIM name Soulchoir2; I'm on a cable modem but I don't know how the speeds will be. Anyway, it's kind of a Peter Gabriel harmonic minor dealy. I thought I'd see what some of ya'll have to say.
Thanks
Jack

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's cool, but I have no idea how to do what you said to do to hear it.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think you log on to AIM, find him, and click on Get File under File.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
sorry man, just enter my name, Soulchoir2, in your buddy list. Go to wherever it is on your buddylist, right click, and then click on Get File. It should be in there.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  12:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to do that sometime when I'm not about to go to bed. Unlike now. Maybe tomorrow.

or now...

Jeez, that's going to take forever on my computer...I started it, but I cancelled because I plan on being in the bed long before that will be done.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  01:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Why not just leave your computer on?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  08:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It'd disconnect after about 15 minutes. Something about my ISP...they don't care too much for idle connections. It wouldn't work, in any event.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That sucks......d'oh well. I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  3:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it does suck, and speakers at work have ...wait ... there are no speakers at work...

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2002 :  7:06:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been offline for a while, sorry if anyone has tried to get it. I'll be online for a while tonight

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  01:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
huh?
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  10:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bump

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  9:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am d/l'ing it right now.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  02:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gave it a listen a few times and I LOVE it. It actually sounds very similar to some of the stuff I've been messing with recently. Quality is excellent... what's your recording setup?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  03:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's one thing I noted for sure, the quality is excellent, you should look and tell all those people in the other forum how you do that.

As for the song itself, I thought it was great. Kind of TIMesque, but still cool. I can't think of the song at the moment, but it actually sounds a lot like one song of his...maybe Big blast of hot air... Great song.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  03:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thank you both for the kind words, I really, really appreciate it. I record to an ADAT XT20, mix with a mackie board into an Alesis Masterlink. For that song, the low drone note is a strings sound on my keyboard going through a Fulltone Distortion Pro. Other than that and an electric fretless bass, the rest was done with my acoustic guitar. There are two acoustic percussion tracks with one panned hard left and the other hard right. The delay swells and the roto sound at the end are both from my acoustic. I've got some other stuff, some similar and some different to this song, that I'd love to share if anyone is interested.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  05:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
2 things...

First, POST MORE! Second, what is that stuff you just listed. I know next to nothing about recording.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2002 :  11:17:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, put that straight on a cd and sell it. I think its ready. The recording is that good, and the song is too in my opinion. I'm with Silky, I'd like to hear some more. Took a little too long to download, but that's ok. Just let us know when you have more.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  05:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wish I could hear it. Anyway to burn me a copy to CD?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  2:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm putting together a site at mp3.com which should be ready pretty soon. Thanks alot for you interest.

Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  7:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'd like to hear it but you never show up on my buddy list.

take it easy. http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ccr152
Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  7:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what name should i search for on mp3.com?

Go to Top of Page

Ccr152
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  7:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Ccr152 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i got it. very impressive, very TIM-ish---in fact i even think i heard something that sounded a lot like a bit of tim from the minarets on L@L.

hell of a job man. you wouldnt by any chance happen to live in northwest ohio?

Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2002 :  7:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thanks alot, I really appreciate it. No, I don't really live anywhere close to ohio; I go to school in Harrisonburg, Va. Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000