Anybody heard from..............
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  06:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jason, enthuTIMsiast, MyBadSide or any of his many other alias'? I hope he is doing OK. Guess his new job must be taking up alot of his TIMe. I hope his move went OK and he is loving his new living situation. Sounded like it was going to be really kewl. Maybe he has become TOO KEWL for us now with all the good fortune in his life. If you are out there lurking Jason, hope you are doing well. Drop by and let us know how your life is treating you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  3:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've talked to him on occasion via email, and me says that his new job is really good. "I've never seen so much weed" as he put it. He said that circumstances have kept him away, not TIMe. But hopefully he'll stop by at some point. Cause when he does, he's got a lot of work ahead of him.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  01:48:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, with all of the persona's he has, I figured he was
______________________ Odd.......

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  7:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey i have 2 persona's...does that make me weird??? BTW what does jason do?

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2002 :  12:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Medical testing on weed. Not sure exactly what he does, but it's something along those lines.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  8:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Or LizK, for that matter. She was supposed to be at a few of the last couple of shows and she never made it and has not posted since. I was going to call her but I lost her cell #. Anyone have any inside info? I hope she is OK.

Still haven't heard from Jason, but I noticed his post count went up by 1, but I could be mistaken, I couldn't find any posts by him.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  9:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I was concerned about Liz too. I tried to reach her when Tim was in Philly,I thought I could meet up with her, but I didn't get any answer. I have sent her several e-mails, one just yesterday and no answer. I even e-mailed your sister in hopes that she had heard from her.
The last I heard from her was giving her directions to the Fire bar!Damn, am I that bad at directions??????? Pam

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  9:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Geez, I hope everything is OK. Maybe I should email Black Lotus and see if I can get her # from him. I talked to her that nite before the show in Philly on Black Lotus' cell but she sounded annoyed and wasn't sure she was going to make it. Later I had Black Lotus call her back and tell her she was on the guest list but we never saw her at the show. I wonder if Black Lotus got thru to her again that nite. I really hope everything is OK. That is really not like Liz to be out of contact for so long. I hope she is just very busy or something like that.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  9:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I just e-mailed you her #.....stupid me I forgot to say who the e-mail was from...sorry, Pam

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  10:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx Pam, I just called her and her life has been pretty topsy-turvy these days. She will fill us all in at the appropriate TIMe. She says sorry she missed the shows and has not been on the boards but it couldn't be helped and she misses everyone. Hopefully she will be back soon. She has been in contact with Jason who has apparently been really busy with his new job and he has also kept his old job with the optometrist so he is doubly busy. Hope we hear from him soon as well. Thanx again for the #, I was glad to touch base with her to find out she is safe and out of harms way. She said to say HI to everyone as well. So "HI" from Liz!!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  10:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Fluffy! I feel so much better knowing nothing bad happened to her. I am thinking of driving down for the C'ville show if it's on the 5th or earlier. Maybe if things settle down for her I could pick her up on the way? I know she wanted to tape Tim's show. Thanks again Fluffy.....you're wonderful!!!

Go to Top of Page

~ghost_note~
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2002 :  11:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jason is doing just fine (just like LizK said). He's answered every email I've sent him about his absence, so you all might try doing that if you're interested. His new job is really interesting, so maybe he'll post everything he's told me about that here sometime.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  12:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what happened to Issac, he came back for a week or two then drifted off again.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  12:01:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Could this be yet another of Jason's alias'? HMMMMMMM, very suspicious!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

~ghost_note~
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  12:08:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Give me-Your Dirty Love-Like you might surrender to some dragon in your dreams
Give me-Your Dirty Love-Like a pink donation to the dragon in your dreams
  • I don't want your cheap emotion

• I don't want your sweet devotion

• Whip me up some dragon lotion

• For your Dirty Love-Your Dirty Love

Give me-Your Dirty Love-Like that tacky little pamphlet in your daddy's bottom drawer
Give me-Your Dirty Love-I don't believe you've never seen his book before
  • I don't want your consoulation

• I don't need your reservation

• I only got one desination

• And that's your Dirty Love-Your Dirty Love

Give me-Your Dirty Love-Just like Yo' Mama mak'er fuzzy poodle do
Give me-Your Dirty Love-The way Yo' Mama make that nasty poodle chew
  • I don't need your cheap aroma

• or your little bo-peep diploma

• I just put you in a coma

Go to Top of Page

~ghost_note~
Is Anybody Here?

9 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  12:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Fluffy, I want your Dirty Love.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  01:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now I am truly puzzled.(as if that is hard) Quoting Zappa, HMMMMMM. As we have ascertained from past threads, there are not alot of Zappa fans on our board. The choices narrow!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2002 :  01:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the last TIMe Zappa was brought up and just check out the response, or should I say, the lack thereof!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=863

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  6:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Come back to us Jason.

Speaking of M.I.A.'s has anyone heard from Liz? Im a bit worried, since last time I talked to her, she was getting ready to go to one of the shows, then Erich said she never showed up. Has anyone talked to her in the past 2 weeks or so? I'd try to call her but my phone doesnt have long distance. I hope everything is ok.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2002 :  9:12:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, back track 9 threads to Fluffy's post on 10-8. She is alive and well and we will hear from her on the boards again before too long. It's nice to hear your concerns though.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  01:25:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How's about a quick, FlamingMoeJoe.

"Oh come on boy think-what would Jesus do? He'd shake his head like an angry mother Smoke the boy and said I did what I could do." DMB-Raven
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2002 :  3:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sure.......gimme one for the road.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2002 :  03:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kevin, did you see PJK's message to you in response to your questions on Liz? 3 posts back to hers and then 9 posts back from that to mine.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2002 :  6:34:11 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have heard from Jason, enthuTIMsiast, My_Bad_Side and some of his other alias'. That is, if he has other alias'. The move did in fact go well, and I'm living in the same place, but looking for an apartment in town. This place is small and 6.2 miles from work (and I'm used to being .9 miles from work, practically). I know it's not far, but you know... I'm loving the new job situation, except for one thing. My boss has talked to me twice about the need for me to go to church and how much happier my life would be if I had the Lord and Jesus in it. I am a religious person. I do not go to church. And even tho I'm a religious person, I am uncomfortable with him doing this to me. I can't imagine him ever making any decision against me (for raises/promotions, whatever) based on his knowledge that I don't go to church, but that's the way I'm feeling right now.

That's really the only problem with work. Everything else is great. And I like the job a lot even beside that little factor.

Nope, I'm not too kewl for you all here. Just busy.

Oh, and I'm still making glasses, too, three nights a week. Mon Tues, and Thur. So I'm busy. Today, however, I'm neither working nor travelling, so I thought I'

whoa what the hell? I just heard Satellite in a Nissan commercial...

Anyway, I was going to go home, but it's raining, so I've got the day so sit around and watch Ole Miss get the hell beat out of them by Alabama...hehe...I think it's funny.

quote:
pcbdmb:
Medical testing on weed. Not sure exactly what he does, but it's something along those lines.

See other post by me.

quote:
Fluffy:
but I noticed his post count went up by 1, but I could be mistaken
Yes, you were in fact mistaken.

quote:
Fluffy:
Or LizK, for that matter. She was supposed to be at a few of the last couple of shows and she never made it and has not posted since. I was going to call her but I lost her cell #. Anyone have any inside info? I hope she is OK.
While I hesitate to say that she's doing "OK," I will say that her situation hasn't changed and so if you want to take that to mean that she's ok, then there you go. I talked to her the other night, so that's how I know.

quote:
Fluffy:
Could this be yet another of Jason's alias'?

You obviously have no idea how little I know about Frank Zappa.

quote:
Kevin:
Come back to us Jason.
Ok.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  9:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So whats up with the Nissan commercial? Someone emailed me asking about that and I was oblivious. Isn't that a DMB song?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  9:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't know, but people can be pretty stupid someTIMes.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2002 :  11:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
people can be pretty stupid someTIMes.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So can anyone tell me whats up with the Nissan commercial?

Email I recieved:
quote:
Fluffy,

There's a Nissan commercial running on TV currently with guitar music that sounds EXACTLY like something Tim would play solo acoustic. Out of curiosity, do you know if that is Tim. I don't recognize the song, but it sounds too much like him. I just thought it would be really cool if it was indeed him. Thanks, and I hope the tour is going well.

Jon Stropes

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, as far as I can surmise, that's just an acoustic version of Satellite. Nothing by TIM. Unless they think that TIM plays stuff that sounds like Satellite. I mean, it's acoustic, they're right about that, but the only way it's something by TIM is if its from early recordings of him playing a jazzy version of Satellite.

And it's not just straight up Satellite, it is jazzy or something. I don't know, I've only heard it once.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  12:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx, I will pass it along to the emailer.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  08:47:27 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, but it didn't come from on high, it's just what I think. But as we all know, my IQ is well over 4000, so I think we're safe on me being right.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  6:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah....you know what I find strange, we have IQs that are 20 TIMes greater than that of the Hawkins guy and we have yet to be contacted by MENSA.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2002 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You haven't been contacted yet, huh?

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  03:38:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mensa tries to avoid the short bus.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  05:59:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well then that's just discrimination!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2002 :  06:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe you should file a lawsuit with the civil liberties union.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2002 :  10:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TTT for Evergreen!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2002 :  9:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

So whats up with the Nissan commercial?

Which Nissan commercial is it? The one with all the license plates?

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  05:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, Here is a link to the Nissan commercial discussion:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2641

This may make you laugh. TeeHee

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  05:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I read through that thread (all one post of it) but it never actually describes the commercial. I'm not the biggest DMB fan ever, so I was hoping for some guidance before I go listening to the songs in every single Nissan ad.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  05:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes but did you follow the link provided in that post?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  06:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Yes but did you follow the link provided in that post?

Yes, it's totally circular. It brings me right back here.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  06:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EXACTLY, thats the funny part. TeeHee The answer you seek is in THIS post.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  06:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nowhere in this entire thread does anyone say what IMAGES are on the screen during the commercial. Only that Satellite is playing in the background. Oh well. I give up.

teri
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  9:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess we all just figured it would be EZ to spot since it is the only spot with solo acoustic guitar that sounds like TR. I have finally seen the commercial and I don't think it will help to tell you that it has a car in it. More specifically, a NISSAN.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000