Greg Howard and TIM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  01:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know that Greg opened for TIM in 2001, but I also know that they played together on stage on the same tour. I was wondering: was this a usual occurance during TIM's 2001 tour, or did they only play together on rare occasions? Also, if anyone has any recordings of TIM and Greg together, could you B&P a couple for me?

Also, if any of you have taped Greg in the past, could you hook me up with those too? I'm trying to get a lot of stuff on Greg cause I'm preparing a little audio documentary on him.

Thanks y'all!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurfFilez27

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greg opened for Tim for about 10-15 shows on the second leg of last years tour. During a few of the shows, the two would come out and play together for an encore. Thats about it as far as last year goes, so it isnt really a regular occourance, although the two have been great friends and they have been making music together since the 80's. Greg's first album was the improv album with Tim called "Sticks and Stones A Collection of Spontaneous Improvisations" (which was just remastered and rereleased in cd format last year. They also did the Transmigration cd which is absolutely amazing!

One last thing, Greg just put up a live, 16 minute recording from one of his shows from this summer up on his website, so be sure to check it out!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  6:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here is a link to that new live mp3 he put up: http://www.greghoward.com/mp3/bigmeadowslive.mp3

Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  9:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes...I have all of Greg's CDs (I'm a Stick player, so naturally I'd have them all). I also just got an e-mail from Greg telling me about the new MP3 (well, it was on the Stickwire newsletter). It is amazing! It's along the lines of the type of stuff that I play (very avant-garde and it really makes you think).

Anyway, do you know of any dates off hand of when Greg played w/ TIM for an encore or whatnot?

Also, I'm going to reiterate...Has anyone recorded Greg in the past? I don't care if it's even one song...Thanks!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  11:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just go to the tour dates page, you can scroll through past tours and see who opened for which dates.

http://www.timreynolds.com/tour/old_dates/fall2001.html

as far as recorded media goes, I know that Dirty Sloth has recorded one or two of his shows, Jason video taped one, and I did photo for one.

Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  12:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Groovy man...Thanks for the help!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000