Want to have a good laugh??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  7:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Someone posted this on nancies...read a couple these album reviews by our friends from family.org

http://www.family.org/pplace/pi/allmusic/

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  9:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hehe...about DMB's UTTAD:

"Teens should keep Under the Table out of the stereo."

Check out the comment about "eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die"...

"Luke 12:19 is distorted to justify a wild beach party featuring nudity and Tequila"

That is some funny shit.

And David Gray's White Ladder: "If not for its lyrical substance abuse, this would've been a worthwhile pick."

SO there you go, if you're not a religious band, you suck, and you're goign to hell.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

there you go, if you're not a religious band, you suck, and you're goign to hell.

Well......at least I'm gonna enjoy the trip there.....

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  02:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ha, i like how creed had almost no objectional content on any of their albums.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  04:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What surprises me is that this guy likes Britney Spears....although he did have this to say...

quote:
While context is vague, the title track repeatedly asks a guy to "hit" her ("hit" is street slang for sex).

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  4:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Out of the reviews I've read so far they've only endorsed two: Michael Bolton and Hanson. 'nuf said.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  5:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Funny how they endorse Creed...in one song they sing "Don't need to settle no GOD DAMN score"

Now, all the religious nuts I know would castrate you if you said God Damn it, or anything along those lines.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  5:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He probably "overlooked" it because of their name.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  6:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is great! A review of South Park when it first came out.

South Park

by Bob Smithouser

The Apostle Paul told the Corinthians, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child." But he never talked, thought or reasoned like the animated brats in South Park, Comedy Central's twisted new series about a group of foul-mouthed third-graders in a remote Colorado town.

Parents shouldn't be fooled by the characters' innocent-looking exteriors. A near-constant flow of profanity includes hateful exchanges and frequent abuses of the Lord's name. Crude banter and story lines involve everything from urination and dildo jokes, to anal probes, homosexual sex and child abuse.

The adults residing in South Park are no better.

South Park is extremely mean-spirited. A parka-engulfed tot named Kenny dies a grisly death in every episode. His "friends" rarely seem to care. Their dispassionate acceptance of his weekly demise is supposed to be funny. It's not.

"I can guarantee it's gonna be the raunchiest thing on TV and it's gonna p--- a lot of people off," Trey Parker, one of the show's creators, told Newsweek before the show even launched. He was right. This deplorable series (based on a blasphemous cult film titled "The Spirit of Christmas") has been branded with television's scarlet letter--an MA rating. Deservedly so. But South Park's own tongue-in-cheek disclaimer may be the most accurate warning of all: "The following program contains coarse language, and due to its content, it should not be viewed by anyone."

Hehe.....this guy doesn't believe in any form of free speech, that is, unless it's accepted by the Catholic Church.

And I still find it hilarious that he can't type "piss".

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  7:17:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK......this one just pissed me off.....or should I say "p---ed me off"....

Will & Grace

By Steven Isaac

Will & Grace features a gay man and a straight woman who live together. It unashamadly attempts to establish homosexuality as a cultural non-issue. Ellen screamed "Look at me, I'm gay!" Will & Grace calmly intones, "Of course I'm gay, why wouldn't I be?" The show isn't defensive or desperate. Nor is it vehement or venomous. Merely matter-of-fact--an attitude infinitely more damaging to traditional morality than any of Ellen's grandstanding.

A statement by Eric McCormack, who plays Will, underscores this concern. He says, "When old ladies out there say, 'Oh I hope he meets a nice man,' that's when we'll know the show has succeeded." Costar Debra Messing adds, "There are a lot of places around the country where they don't get it. . . . The world from years and years ago has been preserved for one reason or another. Thank God that's changing. . . . [Being gay is] not a big deal."

Not a big deal? The Scriptures strongly disagree. Maybe that's why Focus on the Family increasingly gets letters from teens confused about gender issues. A girl from Michigan recently wrote, "Ever since Ellen DeGeneres revealed her lesbian lifestyle in real life and on her TV show, my friends and I have been in disagreement about the homosexuality issue. It does say in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong, but that doesn't mean that God doesn't love gays and lesbians." So far, so good. Then she continued, "But I also feel that if that kind of lifestyle is what makes a person happy, then nothing can stand in their way. I don't condone homosexuality, but I don't condemn it either."

Will & Grace isn't teens' only mentor in this arena. The message of the hour is that homosexuality is emotionally healthy and culturally beneficial. It just receives glowing support from TV.

A word of temperance: Opposing the normalization of gay culture should never be synonymous with hatred or violence toward people caught up in sexual sin (John 8:3-11). Popular R&B singer Kirk Franklin models what the Christian response to this divisive issue must be. After being offered a role on a UPN comedy show, he learned he would have to endorse homosexuality on screen. Franklin flatly refused--a stand that cost him the job. "I am not homophobic," he explains. "I don't hate gay people, but I believe it is a choice, a wrong choice, and that Jesus has the power to repair the hurts in our hearts that lead to that kind of behavior." There's nothing confusing about that.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  9:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
One of my problems with religion, at least christianity is the fact that they believe that homosexuality is wrong, a sin, and that anyone who is gay will ultimately and definitely go to hell. I think that's bullshit. If you're gay, you're gay, if you're straight, you're straight.

yes, if you're gay, God still loves you...he's just sending you to hell. But that doesn't mean he doesn't love you. Whatever.

Read the bible...I mean that seriously...and keep a pen and BIG notebook handy...and write down all of the inconsistencies and contradictory statements you see. It's interesting to say the least.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  9:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is exactly why religious freaks piss me off, the review of "Signs" is just pathetic:

"The good news/bad news of Signs involves its religious core. On one hand, Graham Hess’ spiritual crisis and ponderings about luck vs. providence are certainly ideas worth exploring. But it’s just nebulous navel-gazing. For viewers lacking a solid Christian worldview, arriving at conclusions will be like trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together without the help of a box lid photo. The pieces are there. Sifting through them may prove fun or therapeutic in the short-term. But the solution is elusive. People struggling with tragic circumstances and flagging faith need to know that the Bible is the box lid photo. Unlike this entertaining thriller, God’s Word does more than raise questions. It offers people mired in pain more than blind hope or circumstantial optimism. It reveals the very character of God."

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  10:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's funny. The thing I didn't like about Signs was the religious aspects of it.

Apart from the fact that his wife had died, causing him to lose all faith...which always makes perfect sense to me.

Adam

Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  3:21:42 PM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Summary/Advisory: This 7-track, extended play collection comes from an act that has described itself as "Satan's penis incarnated into a band" [Rip, 12/93]. This vivid self-portrait alone should give discerning parents more than enough reason to keep Flies out of the house.

Thats what he said about Alice in Chains, I really don't like this man.He's P---ing me off.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I readthe review for Garage Inc. by metallica. They called a fellow reviewer that liked it "mindless"

And who says religious nuts arent open minded?

Adam

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And who says religious nuts arent open minded?

I'd say anyone who isn't a religious nut.

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Bob and his friend Bob make me want to shout out words like 'd--n' and various other 'd' words they don't like.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I suppose that is true.

Adam

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000