At the END OF MY ROPE........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  05:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well it seems this is becoming all to common. It is 5am. I got a call from my roommate Ed today while we were enroute to Canton NY. He tried to call 4 times in a row, but thanx to lousy cell phone reception(I fucking hate cell phones)we could not speak. I turned to Rew and told him it must be serious because if it weren't he wouldn't keep calling back. We finally got to some higher ground and called him to which I was greeted with the bad news that an ex-girlfriend of mine and dear dear freind of both mine and Rews had had to undergo emergency surgery for a rip in her intestine. She had weathered the surgery OK and was doing well. Today her blood pressure dropped drastically and they rushed her to intensive care. As you can imagine it has been a rotten day for me thinking about it all day long as we drive. She is the sister of one my best friends Rick, who has been enduring a long suffering father for the last few years and also recently found out his wife has MS. Liz, this is the friend I was telling you about that I go to visit in OC all the TIMe, so I was just talking about him to you at the show in Trenton, HOW IRONIC. I was also Rick's best man and Sandy was my date to his wedding. Sandy was also my date to Frank and Mags wedding where I was also the best man. I have know her for almost 20 years. Anyway, as I was posting on the board and reading the all the jokes and laughing for the first TIMe all day reading them to Rew, my fucking cell phone rang and my first reaction was, "Who the fuck is calling me at 5am?" I had managed to put it out of my mind, albiet momentarily, thanx to the fun on the board. I was hit with the news that my dear friend Sandy did not make it thru the night. I loved Sandy Seay and I always will. We had been hanging out alot lately and had even made plans to go visit her brother together in OC when the tour was over. Now she is gone and she is MISSED! She touched my life and my heart as few have and I will always carry here with me. My heart goes out to Rick and his wife Jen and Sandy's parents who are some of the most wonderful parents I have ever met outside of my own. They were like a second family to me. I heart goes out to them in their TIMe of suffering. She was never to old to rock & roll and she was certainly too young to die. I love you Sandy!!! May you and your family find PEACE in all of this sadness. Goodnite board and thanx for letting me vent!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  06:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just found out it's Friday the 13th. I never held much creedence in that myth, maybe I should rethink it. Isn't Ironic, Doncha think? A little too Ironic!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  07:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, as I lay here unable to sleep, knowing I can't go home and be with my friends and family it all begins to sink in more. I also realized her birthday is in a few days. Happy fucking birthday! I anticipate a ruff few days. Hopefully music will pull me thru. That and being with friends. I wish I could be there for Rick. Is it selfish to think about myself at a TIMe like this? Flooded with emotions and feelings of loss. Torn between doing my job and being their for my friends. What a choice. As I am always fond of saying, Live Sucks and Then U Die.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear Fluffy, and no it's not selfish. Dealing with loss is something that, unfortunately, everyone has to battle with at some point during their lives. My personal view is that work comes after a lot of things on the heirarchy of personal values... and if you feel you need to get home for a few days to be with your friend to properly mourn her passing, from what you've told us all about TR, it sounds pretty implicit that he'd be totally supportive. My condolences go out to you and I hope you feel better.
-J

Go to Top of Page

betsy smith
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fluffy... we are so sorry for your loss... i am sure sandy was honored to be your friend & was, as are we all, grateful for the joy you bring. the family will sorely miss you during this time, but you will be the one to suffermost thru this absence. make the time to grieve....it is a physical healing that goes w/ the difficulty of the emotional pain.... take care, sweet fluffy & be well!! accept this electronic hug from me & the brady bunch!!
come see us
love, betsy

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  11:17:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have my sincere condolences, Fluffy. I agree with Silky that it is indeed not selfish at all to want to be with friends & family at a time like this. Again as Silky stated, from what I know of Tim, I can't imagine he would have a problem with it.

Work is important, but we are talking about your close friends here. I think it would be good for you to go. I hope you feel better. Perhaps you can ask Tim to dedicate a song to her in an upcoming performance.

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, I know I only met you briefly at Trenton, but I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. I know from experience that a loss of someone dear hurts deep inside and nothing can ease the pain. I also can understand your mixed emotions of going back to be with your friends or staying on tour. If you can work out both, great, if not go with what you can live with, because you don't want to live with the guilt of not having done it one way or the other, for the rest of your life. There are alot of people who would step in and help Tim out with the tour if needed. Just ask! I know Hoover would in a heart beat. I will help you out with transportation if you need it. I am off for the next 3 days. Anyway my thoughts are with you.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very sorry to hear that, Fluffy. Sorry for your loss. I agree with everyone that if you want to get back home, that's OK. But i feel very, very sorry that this had to happen, but do what feels right, man.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  4:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your loss Fluffy. as everyone hear has stated this is a TIMe that u need to be with family and friends. It is not selfish to think about yourself either. mysympathy for both your and ur friends.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  5:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't really say anything new, but I can say that I hope you and her family take this with a positive outlook. I've always believed that people shouldn't beat themselves up over something like this, and although it is natural to feel sad, they should look at it as just the "next step". Friends come and go, but it's their impact on others that lives forever. (hehe...looks like I found something to talk about after all)

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2002 :  8:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In times like these, you've got to do what you feel you need to. I doubt anyone would look down upon you or be upset with you for going home at a time like this. I'm also sure that everyone on this board is behind you 100% in whatever decision you make, and that you will be in all of our thoughts.

You've got to prioritize and greif for the loss of a loved one is always at the top. Everything else can wait, you need to be with family and friends now.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

smgallstars
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2002 :  04:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit smgallstars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
R.I.P Sandy.
Fluffy, Rew, especially Rick; my deepest condolences.

Love and I am,
Jason Drewes

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2002 :  11:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy
All you can ever hope for during a time of great loss,
especially the loss of loved ones is love, caring, and
kindness from the people around you. Understanding when
your not acting like yourself. A rock to hang onto for
support. A pillow to comfort your weary head.

Hopefully, you will find all these things so your heart can heal.

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  12:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, the last thing you are and the last thing you'll ever be is selfish, just remember that. You give of yourself abouve and beyond what we see normaly, and thats always gotten my respect. That said, take time to be with family and friends, theyre the ones that help you most durring times like this. Im sorry for your loss, and im sending you and those you love good vibes for the rest of the tour until you can get some well deserved rest and relaxation at home.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  08:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My dear friend Fluffy, I pray you have the strength to get through this. I'm so sorry about your loss. If there is anything I can do just ask. I live close to OC and would be very honored to help you out. I'm on vacation this week and have the free time to help. I remember you talking about them at the Trenton show and on other occasions too. My heart goes out to you, Rew, Rick and family, and everyone touched by Sandy's passing. Big hug for you my friend. I know this won't help ease your pain, but when my Dad died he was in Florida. I was pregnant with Alison, she is 17 now. I was having complications and it was a risk traveling. I chose not to go because I didn't want to lose her too. It was a very difficult decision but I chose to remember him as a living soul and the fond memories we shared. My dad's name is Al. So since Alison is a girl that's how I got the AL in her name. So I think of him often when I say her name. I think he would have wanted me to keep her safe inside me. I have a difficult time seeing loved ones after they have passed anyway. I hold all the memories of life close to my heart. The love is in our hearts and it will always be there. Love ya my dear friend.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  08:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just thinking about you Fluffy....

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2002 :  2:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too...Pam

Last Friday I went to the Piano/Jazz Bar where a friend plays and everyone was in such a "down" mood. I found out that the reason was because one of the waiters who was only 25, was killed in an auto accident early Friday morning on his way home from work! I felt so bad for them too. What was it about that Friday the 13th?

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2002 :  08:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
To the top.

Miss ya Fluffy, we all care about you. More hugs!!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2002 :  04:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is late, but just wanted to send out my condolences as well. Sorry for your loss Fluffy.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

SourGirl
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2002 :  09:18:34 AM  Show Profile  Send SourGirl an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you,and I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost a son and a grandfather and I know how hard it can be to loose someone that your close to, but being around friends and family helps a lot. Just remember all the good times you guys had together and talk about them. That always helped me.

"Loneliness...is and always has been the center and inevitable experience of every man." -Thomas Wolfe
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2002 :  10:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, hope things are going better for you.

Sour girl, sorry to hear of your losses, especially your son. Being a mother, I honestly don't think I could deal with the loss of one of my children. My love for them is stronger than for anyone else, including my husband. We named my son after the son of one of my parent's friends who would have been my age, but died when he was only 5 years old of leukemia. Take care.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2002 :  01:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, back in January a friend of mine died and you told me these things. and now i am going to tell them back to you to try to and make them comfort you in some small way, like they did for me.

quote:
Try to remember the good experiences.

quote:
Know that if I was there, I would a nice big hug and shoulder to lean on. Support, if you will. I can still be that support. It will just have to be long distance. I am touched by your loss. If you need to talk, know I AM HERE!!

quote:
So always remember to remember him and tell people about him(her), keep HIS(HER) NAME ALIVE! (S)He will live on in you, thru the good times you had. Again, Good luck and know I am here if you need to talk. Peace man! and STAY STRONG!!!!

Hope that helps.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No pesimist ever discorvered the secret of the stars, or sailed on uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
Helen Keller.

Hello everyone,
I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Laurisa and I am Erich's mother. Erich is a most loyal fan to Tim that I have decided to visit your forum from time to time. Fluffy, I am sad about your friend's news. May peace and health be with you and their families.
Best wishes for Tim in his tour. Erich is attending so I guess he will post about his experiences getting there and back.
Nice meeting you all!
Laurisa
Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Go to Top of Page

laurisa
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  7:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Send laurisa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway fo the human spirit." Helen Keller.

Hi everyone,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Laurisa and I am Erich's mother (Erichwithanh). He is such a loyal fan of Tim that I decided to visit your forum. To Fluffy, I am sorry for what happened to your friend. My best wishes for the well being of all involved. Most important, that you have been a good and loving friend for all these years and that they can call on you when they need you.
It's nice meeting you all and will visit another time. Erich is in Michingan at this time attending the concerts, when he returns I am sure that he will post his experiences.
Amor, Paz & Bendiciones (Love, Peace and Blessings!)
Laurisa
Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  10:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Laurisa! I met your son Erich at the Trenton show. He is a great person. I hope you continue to post, the people on these boards have restored my faith in mankind! They're the best! That's because Tim deserves the best fans!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  05:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx everyone for all your support and kind words!! It is greatly appreciated. You will all be happy to know that I made it to the funeral. It was beautiful and it went along way to helping me heal from the loss of Sandy. Making it wasn't EZ, but again, thanx to friends they got me there and back. I finally got to talk to Rick, Sandy's brother, while I was at the show in Niagara Falls. He sounded like he really needed me there, and I really wanted to be there for him, so I was willing to do whatever I had to do. We got up the next morning and drove all day to Morgantown WV and arrived about 9pm. My roommate Ed had driven from DC to WV and arrived before us and was waiting for me at the hotel. I checked in TR and the boyz and jumped in my car with Ed and drove back to DC in TIMe to get an hour and 1/2 of sleep and a shower and then off to Sandy's funeral. I saw alot of folks I had not seen in years and years. It was beautiful!! My best friend Frank played a wonderful acoustic version of Yesterday by the Beatles at the funeral. I will never be able to listen to that song again without thinking of Sandy. Funny little side note: Frank sang the song and changed the lyric "There's a shadow hanging over me" to There's a shadow STANDING over me", Rick and I being huge Beatles fans thought it was beautiful and were thinking Frank was genius for taking the poetic license to change the lyric to make it more personal. After the funeral, Frank came over to Rick and I and asked if that was the right lyric. He had downloaded them off the internet and hadn't looked them over until he actually sang it and it didn't seem right to him, but he sang it because it was on the paper. Rick and I laughed and told him how we thought he was a genuis for changing it ever so slightly to make it so much more personal. He said he wished he could take the credit but it appears to be just a typo. We had a good laugh about it and attributed the whole lyric error to the magic SYNCHRONICITY of life I always talk about. It was really beautiful. At the end, they passed out white and purple balloons and everyone in attendence released them at the same TIMe. It was also quite beautiful and touching. From the funeral we all progressed to Sandy's aunts house where I advanced the show in Morgantown WV and arranged a ride back. There was a little fighting over who would drive me back the 4 hours to WV. I felt quite special and touched that so many people were willing to do so much to make sure I made it to the funeral and back to the show that nite in Morgantown. My friend Jim ended up being the winner or the loser, however you want to look at it. We headed out and drove back to my house to pick up my stuff, and then off for the long drive back to Morgantown. We ended up getting there while Rew and crew were still setting up the stage, preparing for soundcheck. Jim ended up staying the nite and hanging out with us. It was alot of fun, even given the reasons for the whole situation. Friends really can make the difference in such a trying TIMe. Strangely, I had gone mostly to be there for Rick, not for myself, but it ended up being the best thing I could have done for myself. I found much peace thru the whole experience. Rick and Jen will be at the show tomorrow at Fletchers and I am really looking forward to seeing them again. I will also see Ed tomorrow as he has managed to locate the Mooger Fooger and Rotosphere we were missing and had not been able to locate. Thank God for friends!!! I have some of the best in the world. Thank you all for everything. You all make life worth living. If anyone ever wondered why we are here? I think we are here for one reason.... EACH OTHER!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  08:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am happy that you're doing better Fluffy. Take care :)

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  11:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad everything worked out. Hope you're feeling better.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2002 :  2:54:05 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My condolences sir. Losses like that are hard, and I am always at a loss when it comes to saying anything when I hear about such events.

on a positive note, Fluffy said...

quote:
If anyone ever wondered why we are here? I think we are here for one reason.... EACH OTHER!!!

and let me just say that I think that is beautiful, and it should be the universal answer whenever anyone poses that question in the future.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2002 :  06:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like that idea!! Should we add it to the Unwritten Message Board Rules? What # would that be? HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2002 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the rules should be ammended and edited and that one should be put up at #1.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000