TRelated Topics
 Tim Reynolds - The Wall Tour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  01:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anyone else think this new tour sounds a lot like The Wall by Pink Floyd? I mean, video images matched to music and intended to tell a story? The only real difference I see is that The Wall (from what I understand, which is little) had a main character whose story was told thruout, and as far as I can tell, TIM's tour will be just songs matched with videos, not actual shows matched with a video theme.

Anyway, I think there are a lot of similarities. Not that that's a bad thing. Lots of people really like PF. And I'm sure The Wall is cool. I'm sure Chaos View will be cool, too.

Ah, well, I'm rambling now. Squeeze my lemon till the juice runs down my leg.

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  1:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think it has similarities, but since i havent seen it yet i cant really compare the two. I hope tims a big floyd fan, that would make my day

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2002 :  8:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich with an H good to see you back. TR is a big Pink Floyd fan but I don't think there was any DIRECT inspiration. I think TR just kinda felt like he could send a stronger message and express his artistic side in yet another area. He has always been a big fan of video. He is always making little movies and for a while he even brought a video camera on the first few tours and just shot random stuff. I think he is just stretching out. Either way it should be very kewl, I can't wait to see it. Kyle said the warm up show in Santa Fe was AMAZING. I am getting so excited. Hope we see you in NYC. Oh, and by the way, I would say it is more like videos than like a whole show with a storyline. Of course, knowing TR, there will be a theme of some kind running thru the whole thing, but not so much a story like Pink Floyd, The Wall.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  09:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't mean to say that TIM was just copying the Wall. I meant things just sort of happened the way they did, and it turns out that that's what we have.

It doesn't matter to me, anyway. I'll go see TIM whenever I can. I don't care if he's doing a Sesame Street Tour.

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  8:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't figure you did think that, I was just clarifying it for everyone else. I thought others might be interested in the origins of the show. ......here's your sign!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  03:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Wall is awesome and freaky! Both equally at the same time. You guys better have in depth reviews and reports about this tour. At least until I can buy the DVD!

WOO HOO! When does it come out?

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  12:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hey Erich with an H good to see you back.

thanks fluffy. Ive got some great stuff up my sleave for the community so I decided its best to hang around here while tim tours the east. youre going to see me at at least one or two hsows, trust me :)

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  01:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich, sure is good to see you around again. Thanks for those TRelated discs you sent me! They are great! My TR collection is slowly growing to include most of the FTP stuff..and some other goodies.

Peace, and spread the pens.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000