Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  1:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering,

how many of you board surfers play in a band or duo or trio or whatever? If so put your type of music, how many people, name of band, instruments, and if you have one, your website address.

My band: Mixed Bag
People: 3
Instruments: 6 string acoustic, 12 string, mandolin, electric, whistles, harmonicas, trumphet.
Type: Acoustic rock, folk, humor, country, anything except rap and that pop Britney Spears shit.

Post please!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  3:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should probably say, that on the website, I'm C. Ben, not the greatest picture, but yech.

I'd love to get a CD, whoever wants a CD of us can have it. It's all orignal material, but we don't have any real great recording equipment so quality isn't spectacular.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  6:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I also have a solo thing I do. I WAS in a band but it was going no where, and I work so much better solo. I've been planning on getting my demo of original work done, then just finding musicians for my 'backup band'.

Band: Adam Stomp
People: 1
Instruments: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboard.
Type: What would be acoustic rock, with electric tinge here and there.

I am working on a demo tape however with my little Tascam 4 track, if anyone wants one when I'm done, I'd be glad to send some out. The songs on the tape are to be complete with bass and drums from my keyboard, where as when I play live, it's just me and my acoustic.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2002 :  11:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm in two bands right now:

Troop of Echoes
www.troopofechoes.com
Alternative funk rock 5-some.
Currently recording a full length album with renowned producer/engineer Tom Garneau (Prince, Sting, REM, The Time)

Prone
No webpage yet
Progressive Metal 4-some
Working on finding a new freaking singer so we can ROCK. er...METAL.
We have a demo but after it was all done we realized our singer sucks and can't hold a freaking pitch so we're looking for a new one to sing on it....but when we do...boy howdy..

"Get up an move... or I'll put a curse on you... that all your children will be born naked." – Hendrix
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2002 :  4:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Band: FBT
People: 4 (maybe 5)
Instruments: 6-string and/or 12-string, 6-string and/or electric, vocals, ukulele, (maybe bass if we can get him)
Type: Acoustic rock, humor

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  6:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alrighty here's my own.

My band: Bean
people:3
instruments: (my set-up)6-string alvarez electric bass, Meyer upright bass w/ Realist pick-ups, (guitarist) fender american strat, takimine acoustic electric, (drummer) bigass export pearl set
Type: jam band(rock/blues/jazz/bluegrass/funk/other)

got about 30 songs together including some phish, pink floyd, jimi hendrix covers(also working on the seven dwarfs theme song now, you know "hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go") try to do a lot of 2 and 3 part harmony vocal stuff. very experimental band!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  9:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the DWARF SONG!

I was fooling around on the guitar and figured out how to play that old rhyme thing, that kids sing.
"There's a place in France, where the naked ladies dance,
There's a hole in the wall, where you can see it all,
They are just right there, standing in their underwear."

Kid's stuff, but my friend wants to sing it.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be really interested to hear whoever has a recording. I'm not even working on mine yet, but as soon as I get ProTools I'm going to be working on it very intensely. Whenever it does get done, no promises as to when, I'll be happy to share it with whoever wants it.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tentative names:
Down home Bruthas
Racoon City
Or, it could be jsut our names, we aren't even sure if we are doing it yet.

Instrumets: Ibanez AEG10 Electric/Acoustic, Epiphone Buiscut (Lapslide) Bass: Ibanez something or other, Fender something...

Music style: Blues/Folk/Rock/Bluegrass/Jazz Duo

We've written about ten songs together, and I've written about ten by myself...Hopefully we'l get this on the road soon.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
TIMe to update mine.......(already)

Band: FBT
People: 5 (maybe 6)
Instruments: 6-string and/or 12-string, 6-string and/or electric, vocals, ukulele, drums, (bass if we can get him)
Type: Acoustic and electric rock, humor

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  01:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbdmb, this is the first I've heard mention of you in a band! I'm kinda surprised, I'll have to say. You don't strike me as the type, and I'm sure LizK can back me up on this one. That's cool tho...

I'd love to hear anyone from the board's stuff. I think that'd be cool.

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  11:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hope to be recording in a month or 2, whenever it happens i'll be sure to send you all some free copies!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:13:22 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOoohoooo freebies!!!

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well......actually we've been a band for about a year. I think we have somewhere around 15 to 20 songs........but my personality definitely comes out in gigs. I don't talk at all, so I can see why you'd think that I wouldn't be in a band. For example, we played last night (first TIMe with the drums) and I was absolutely terrified. When they announced us and the audience statred to cheer, I felt this huge wave of panic flow through my body........it was pretty intense.

But we don't have any recordings or anything......and I wouldn't know how to do it on a computer.......but maybe I'll send you a tape when we make one.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of sending me something...you haven't gotten anything in the mail lately, have you?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No..........should I have?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No, why do you ask?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Because you seemed to imply that......and if you did send something.....then you probably sent it to my parents' house and I wouldn't be able to get it for a few weeks anyway......but since you didn't send anything, then I guess everything's fine.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not that it matters, but I seem to recall at some point asking you about that, and I remember you saying that it wouldn't matter to where I sent it...

I sent it on 12.1.98...so it should be there by now.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn! Maybe I can talk my parents into forwarding it to my college mailbox. Then you'd get something good in return sooner.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe you should look into that.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...ok how bout this..

You SHOULD look into that.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I should, shouldn't I?!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
once more...

You WILL look into that.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  3:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We'll see.........

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  4:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We'll see you look into that.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  4:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sure.......

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  4:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good thing these last few posts weren't in TRelated Topics....

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  4:14:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you scared of Fluffy or something?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  4:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  5:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh........even with a name like Fluffy?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  5:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Didn't you read Harry Potter?

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  5:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah........but he doesn't have three heads......(that we know of).

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  5:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We'll have to ask Jon.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  5:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah....probably.....hey Jon.......does Fluffy have three heads?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000