New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  1:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone out there in the TR land that likes phish...Well their 2 year Hiatus is over!! yay!! they are starting their newest tour at madison square gardens on New Years, and then going to the Hampton Colosseum for a 3 night concert. i'm am really gonna try to get some tickets for the hampton show, it's only a few hours from me. god damn this is the best news i've heard all summer!!! YAYYYY!! anyone who hasn't heard them i suggest buying "junta" or any live cd of them. Phish has also done a few albums of other band's live such as "dark side of the moon", the beatle's "white album", and a few other ones that i can't name off the top of my head. Listen to it! you'll like it!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I didn't know they broke up... but I do like a few of their songs.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  8:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well then, Silky, you didn't miss a thing.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  10:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I never really got into them much at all, and i didnt know they broke up either. lol

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2002 :  8:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I kinda knew they broke up. I mean, when I heard they were back together the other day, I wondered if I knew they broke up, and then decided that I did, but that I'm not a big enough of a fan for that to register...so I knew they broke up and knew they were back together, yes.

Can you tell me more about the "cover albums"? I don't know anything about that...I'd like to hear DSOTM by them...that'd be neat.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  6:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't have a clue when the date of dark side of the moon was when they played it live, but i know that they closed that show with smells like teen spirit, and i also know that it was between 1997-2001. i'll look that up though. Phish never really broke up, but they did side projects such as the trey anastastio band, and pork tornado and Vida blue for about 2 years or so. they're def. my favorite band, not as individual players, but just that they're a great unit of people, and can pull off some cool shit live!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  6:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What the hell is a Pork Tornado?!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  8:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

They played a new years show one time, Six hours long! They would rotate and take turns taking breaks, but SIX HOURS! Phish is awesome!

They're great! Trey is a really sweet guitarist too!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  8:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They played a new years show one time, Six hours long! They would rotate and take turns taking breaks, but SIX HOURS! Phish is awesome!

I'll have to throw a flag here... I like music a whole lot, but I do not believe I could take six hours worth at one sitting... Nothing against Phish or anything. I like them ok too... But SIX HOURS!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2002 :  9:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you have to remember a lot of these people are stoned. And if the other portion of the audience didn't actually smoke it, they breathe it in. They're bound to get wasted or hot-boxed, so they'd just sit and chill. I couldn't take it either. I'd get stir crazy. I don't think I could play for six hours.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well you have to remember a lot of these people are stoned. And if the other portion of the audience didn't actually smoke it, they breathe it in. They're bound to get wasted or hot-boxed, so they'd just sit and chill. I couldn't take it either. I'd get stir crazy. I don't think I could play for six hours.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com

this is very true, they def. have a drug following, but i love them as they have the best musicianship. another jam they did once of a song called "tweezer" clocked in at 74 minutes long and quoted peices from about 7 other songs during it. imagine playing that long!! shit!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  7:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tweezer's a good song.

They do this "project" of sorts, where fans vote on any album, and whatever receives the most votes, PHISH covers that album. Hence they covered the White Album and Dark Side of the Moon.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2002 :  8:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to have a fellow phish phan on the board now. so Arthen what are your fav. songs by em?

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  9:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found out the date of the concert where phish played dark side of the moon if anyone wants to look it up. 11-02-98, in the middle of the narration to the song harpua, where this kid goes to Vegas and gets a ride with someone who is listening to dark side of the moon. at that point phish plays the entire album. pretty cool stuff!

"Set the gear shift to the high gear of your soul, you gotta run like an antelope, out of control" -Dude of Life
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2002 :  11:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite Phish Songs, in no particular order:
Punch You In The Eye
The Lizards
Wilson
Golgi Apparatus (sp?)
Horse
Silent in the Morning
Maze
The Divided Sky
Down With Disease
Sparkle
(Even though it's a cover) Ya Mar
Meat
Runaway Jim
Suzy Greenberg
Chalk Dust Torture
Run Like an Antelope

Most of there songs I have a great love and respect for. I could go on, but I don't want to bore non-Phish fans.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  12:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great news, I hope they bring their tour around here. I've really been getting into them recently. In fact I bought Junta today. Their best album I'd say. What would you guys say?

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  11:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am more into their live albums. They release six complete shows every six months on CD nation wide. Most of these shows are over three hours long and are on three CDs. out of those Phish Live #2 and #6, are my favorite.
Billy Breathes is a good studio album.
I like Hoist as well.

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2002 :  12:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that is REALLY cool that they release so many live albums. I wish other people did that as well...maybe DMB, of course TIM (boy, that would KICK ASS)...and lots of other people.

How much are those? I think some bands (maybe REM) record every show themselves and then release it to sell (for cheap) and encourage their fans to trade those shows... Good quality shows at little or no cost... Mmmmm good. I really wish there was some way to enact that.

So who wants to follow TIM around and get SBD recordings at every show this time? And video, too? LizK? We can be roadies. I'll go with you. hehe...

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  3:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
alright here's my fav. phish songs: YEM, Lizards, Divided sky, Gumbo, PYITE, Brian and Robert, Rift, Dirt, to name a few of the songs i like. i have 6 of the live phish ones so far, and they're still releasing more to come!! my fav. album by them is def junta, Rift is really good too, studio wise. great fuckin' band! their barbarshop quartet stuff is really cool too!

Go to Top of Page

Erich with an h
Yak Addict

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2002 :  4:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Erich with an h's Homepage  Send Erich with an h an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ive never been a big phish fan, saw them back in 98 i think... thinking about the NYE show if im not in mexico.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2002 :  2:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phish is awesome!

How's it going Erich?

-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2002 :  10:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Erich, it must have been around 98 when I saw them, too... Well, maybe a year or so before that. Maybe it was the infamous 97 tour...

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  7:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
speaking of phish, i think i'm gonna go see the Trey Anastasio Band in C-ville, VA. They're playing there in 2 months and tickets go on sale next week. It'd be a kick ass show to see, to warm me up for seeing phish in a few months after that!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2002 :  8:39:25 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm on the Phish email list. I might try to catch a show sometime.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  02:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I'd probably go see Phish too. I almost have a slight problem with their crowd, but I guess I can dig it. I just like music, and I suppose they are good. I think that they are at least original in how they do what they do, so I appreciate them for that.

I used to get that mail flyer they sent out...the name of it escapes me at the moment. But that was pretty cool.

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  11:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the doniac shvice, or something like that. it's really weird, almost yiddish sounding. yeah i saw phish's documentary video and all the fans were the dumbest people i've ever seen. bunch of freaks! but i'm in it for the actual musical content, not to get stoned and hippy dance the whole time.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  2:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doniac Schvice, that's sounds like it. And I guess we're in it for the same reason, which is cool.

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  3:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is part of the latest Phish email update for those of you who are interested.

MIKE & LEO HIT THE ROAD IN NOVEMBER
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Gordon and Leo Kottke will play 12 shows in November in support
of their new album "Clone" in stores from Private Music/RCA Victor on
October 8. Mike and Leo will also perform at the Jammy Awards, held
October 2 at NYC's Roseland Ballroom.

The dates are as follows:

11/4 Club Helsinki Great Barrington, MA
11/5 Ira Allen Chapel (UVM) Burlington, VT
11/6 Sanders Theatre Cambridge, MA
11/8 Bowery Ballroom New York, NY
11/9 Theatre of Living Arts Philadelphia, PA
11/10 9:30 Club Washington, DC
11/12 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA
11/13 Park West Chicago, IL
11/15 Mississippi Nights St. Louis, MO
11/16 The Roxy Los Angeles, CA
11/17 The Fillmore San Francisco, CA
11/19 Boulder Theater Boulder, CO

A limited quantity of tickets for all shows (EXCEPT Club Helsinki) are
available beginning Monday, September 16 at 5 PM EST via our secure
online ticketing system located at http://kottkegordontickets.rlc.net.
Tickets are available in real-time -- this is not a ticket lottery.
For MOST shows we are able to offer you the option of picking up your
tickets at the venue box office the night of the show. This allows you
to save the UPS fee charged for shipment of hard tickets. Tickets will
be available on this site until up to a week before each individual
show, at which point they're only available through traditional
outlets. Keep in mind that tickets may sell out via our system, but
may still be available through traditional outlets. Tickets for all
shows go on sale to the public over the next couple of weeks. Please
note that some dates are 21+. Full show information can be found at
http://phish.com/print/tour_print.html.

Phish Dry Goods continues to accept pre-orders for CLONE. Those who
preorder the album are eligible to win a pair of tickets to see a set
by Mike and Leo at a private intimate show in New York City on October
1. We'll be giving away 30 pairs of tickets. Please note: All winners
must be over 21 years of age. No purchase necessary to
enter. Order your copy and view contest info at
http://www.phish.com/drygoods/home/category.html?cid=74.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  5:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Didn't Trey Anastasio play in OysterHead?

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2002 :  8:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Didn't Trey Anastasio play in OysterHead?

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

yeah he did, and it was kickass!! les claypool, stuart copeland from the police and Trey...SO nice.... Vida Blue is a really cool side project to(page mcconnel's band)(the keyboard guy)

AIM: GuitarGuy305

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  10:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in process of ordering tickets for the hampton show right now..ticketmaster is slow as hell though...

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2002 :  1:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter was so upset because she tried to get tickets to the New Years Eve show and she kept trying right when they went on sale and no luck...they sold out.(and I have an acct. with ticketmaster so it goes through easier)

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2002 :  3:53:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i talked to about a dozen seperate people who tried to get tickets for any of the 3 hampton shows and none of them got em through ticketmaster or anything. it's soo disapointing, i've been looking forward to the show for a few months now already, and i'm not gonna pay 400 dollars from some scalper...

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2002 :  4:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that most of the tickets went to scalpers who are now selling them on e-bay for thousands of dollars. I am so sick of people scalping tickets. Sure there are always going to be some but now it is getting to be where true fans won't be able to get the tickets. Someone said only about 5,ooo fans got tickets to the Phish concerts. They sold out of tickets to the New Years Eve show quickly, I have heard everything from less than a min. to 10 min. I know it locked up quickly because my daughter tried right at 10:00. Anyway I e-mailed the Phish web site and ABC's 20/20 in hopes that they might look into the practices of Ticketmaster, etc.
Everyone who has a favorite band they want to see had better take notice because sooner or later it will be them that's screwed.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2002 :  8:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just vented some rage by emailing some scalpers about how they are the scum of the earth. the made me happy, especially a guy who was selling only 2 tickets to the new years eve show for 7000 dollars, and it had over 30 bids on em. they make me mad!!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2002 :  9:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got an e-mail today from the Phish management and they said that they have a full time employee policing e-bay and that when they catch scalpers the tickets go back to the band to dispense as they wish, which hopefully is going back out to the real fans. At least they are trying to do something about the problem. I just hope one person on that job is enough.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000