Interview Today.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  08:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, at the Marijuana fields for an Associate Research and Development Chemist.

So I wouldn't be working the triple beam...but I'd be working in Fields of the 5 leaved beast...Seriously. As of a couple of years ago, Ole Miss had the only legal marijuana field, for research. That's what I'd be doing.

How much ass would that kick? It would be a great job to boot.

More later, when I don't have to go to work so soon...

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  1:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So uhh... how does the whole drug test thing work there?

"Jason! Your hair follicle samle shows no traces of marijuana in the last 4 days... you haven't been working, have you?!"

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  3:39:47 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do you get any, uh, "fringe" benefits?

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  7:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The funny thing is...

There is no drug testing there. Ha. What are the chances? But that's what they told me in the interview.

And I don't believe there are any *special* fringe benefits (but I don't smoke weed anyway)..., BUT when I was done with the interview, one of the guys gave me a tour of the lab...it was all cool with about 5 chromatographs and whatnot, lots of lab stuff, just the normal, and then in this room off to the side, more like a converted closet, there sat a guy with a balance (not a triple beam, but close) measuring samples of the product...that's right, measuring about a joints worth into vials...I guess there were probably about a hundred vials there, AND in the floor, there was a box (maybe 2 foot by 3 foot) that was COMPLETELY FULL of weed. It was funny. I almost started laughing right there. Just odd, I don't know. There I was, standing over god only knows how much $ worth of straight smoking weed and it was completely legal, and I wasn't doing anything wrong. I almost got a contact high just standing there.

Needless to say, I left with the munchies.

They were very favorable toward me, and I'm hoping that I get offered that job. It'd pay a little (and I mean a little, not much at all) less than the other job I already know I'm going to be offered, so that's a consideration, but if offered the weed job, I'd take it in a second.

So on Friday I have to call them and tell them if I'm interested or not (why I have to wait I don't know) and at that time, I think they will tell me if they are interested in me working there or not.

MMMmmmm Friday can't come too soon....

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  7:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad it went well and hope it all works out on Friday. Sounds like a kewl job. It will probably really change your perspective.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2002 :  9:23:42 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That would be such an awesome job

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must have missed what the other job offer was...

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Since we are on the topic, I'm Strongly contemplating jumping ship myself. I'm really fed up right now with Blockbuster. I was promised a 15% raise and only ended up getting a 7.5% raise. When I found that out I began to talk to the people at Warehouse Records and they offered me a management position at the store right across from campus. I've worked in a record shop befpre so it'd be a pretty easy transition I think. All I need to do is find out the final word on what they are going to offer me, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to take it.

Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude.. DO it. Sounds great!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  01:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
But seriously, folks, this job is extremely important to me, and I'd LOVE to have it. Please, if you think about one person this summer, think about me. If you think about two people this summer....think about me twice. Ha...but anything anyone can do positively toward me, I'd appreciate.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human elipse. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  02:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well you know I'd put in the good word for you but I am sure "the FBI has a file on me" and with my radical politics especially on the HEMP issue, I am not sure I would be the kind of ringing endorsement they would like. Good Luck and my good thought and positive vibes travel with you. I hope you get the job and figure out a way to change the system from the inside.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  03:15:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please, if you think about one person this summer, think about me. If you think about two people this summer...

......think about you and MBS!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  12:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mwahhahaha. Yeah. We're both vying for the same job.

I am not the albatross of love, I am the human elipse. I am dot dot dot.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  8:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We should all get a job there...no...not me...I'd use myself for lab tests way too much!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  12:52:52 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, I accpted the position at the Warehouse today, it was a pretty random decision, I just all of a suddon made up my mind, went over there and said, I'll take it! So up until school starts, I'll be working both places, but only warehouse once school starts.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  3:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bad Side, that sounds like quite a job. My uncle is actually an expert on the subject. He's an expert witness for drug cases. He actually has the patent on cocaine aroma, the artificial scent they use to train police dogs. Anyway, enough about him, how'd it work out? And Kev I hope that job at Wherehouse is working out for ya.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think I've updated in other posts...

I got the job, left my notice...today's my last day at the old job.

I WILL miss deliveries (hehe)... that's what I'm doing now, by the way

Start the other job Monday. WOooohoooo!!

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Make sure to keep us posted........and have you moved yet, you lazy bastard?

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:40:06 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mostly no and somewhat yes.

I've moved my hanging clothes, because they had to clean, and I was bored the other day, and that's all I could take that wouldn't get in the way. But I'm about 3/4 packed and ready to go. I'm gonna move a lot of stuff tonight, probably. Probably start staying over there on Friday or so. My room looks crazy...The back of my door faded around one of the posters I had on it...that's how long I've been here...

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  4:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow.......then it's a good thing you're moving out. Who knows what's living there.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  6:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ummm... Yes.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  6:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Or no. I can't tell.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  6:23:18 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  7:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes! Don't forget about that spider.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2002 :  10:42:15 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes! then. There was a frog at my door when I moved a bunch of my stuff just now. I'd say I'm at about 1/2 done now... All I lack basically is furniture (of which there is fortunately little), clothes (of which there are a girlish lot), and hmm...I guess that's it. Guitars, too... Computer, radio...the bulky stuff. So the bulky stuff and clothes. That's aboot it.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  01:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

clothes (of which there are a girlish lot)

Looks like Jason's a transvestite.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  01:28:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Is it normal to pack clothes in boxes?

Because that's what I'm doing. The boxes I used first and have already unloaded fit so perfectly in my truck...if only it was that easy to move everyone (which is what I sometimes think I get
to do....) I even took a picture of the back of my truck to show proper moving technique. I promise, not one thing moved over an inch the whole 10 mile trip to my apt... It was great.

Ok, so now I get to move in completely tomorrow and arrange stuff all day. .. maybe move some furniture, also...we'll see.

And no, I'm not a transvestite...I just have a girlishly lot of clothes. Oh hell, you get the point.

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  01:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think what our friend here is trying to say, is that he has a lot of clothes.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2002 :  02:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, yes indeed.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000