tim new toys???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2002 :  7:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in the pic section of the new tour i was looking at i saw the larger red pedal(prolly a multi fx) any idea what this is?

or whats the make of that red 12 string he was using??

i thought i saw a roland sampler in afew pics aswell. is it true?

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2002 :  01:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok i found out the guitar semi acoustic is made by veillette guitars. im not sure what model tim has himself but they make BARRITONE 12 STRINGS !!! thats fucking rad. the have peizo pickups in the bridge for a great sound.

i still have no clue waht the red pedal is tho...anyone know?

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2002 :  6:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be this... http://yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gGUE00004DG+STOMP

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2002 :  6:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And some more discussion on the 12-string... http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=175

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2002 :  6:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the sampler I believe is this... http://www.zzounds.com/love.music?p=p.BOSSP303&a=adTLink,BOSSP303_020607

That's not how I remember it looking like though... maybe my memory is just off... but maybe it's a different model number... however, the Dr. Sample was mentioned here... http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=693

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2002 :  08:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This link may answer some of your pedal questions:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=688

I wrote this about TR's use and love of the DG Stomp pedal in another post:

He uses the Yamaha DG Stomp pedal. He loves the recreations of Amp sounds it has. He says you can't tell the difference. He was so excited when he heard the way the Marshall stack setting sounded. Now he can travel with a Marshall stack for his SG and you can carry it in 1 hand. Whoo HOO!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2002 :  06:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmmm.....i always thought yamaha gear was crapola. guess i was wrong. i rememebr seeing very crappy yamaha geetars in sears catologs for like 200$ or less.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2002 :  4:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I guess they only do the extremes.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2002 :  6:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've played some Yamaha acoustics that were decent beginners, but I've never really cared for their electrics. Their pedals like the AG Stomp, DG Stomp and the new modulation thing are pretty sweet though, especially if you're playing through a PA. The settings on the DG sound a lot like the real amps.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  02:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine has a Yamaha 12 that he bought years ago...and it has NEVER warped or anyhtign, so yeah, they are nice stuff! And Carter uses Yamaha drums...so there...and Tim uses s Yamaha pedal of some sort...there...get it...dman I'm TIIIIIIIIIIIIRED!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  12:20:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My friend has a Yamaha acoustic, peice of junk, guess they make all ranges...

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  11:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
true, I've played Yamahas that are the shittiest thing ever, adn have palyed some that sound like a Martin D-28.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  10:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow, the one i was refering to, the action is just shot, theres probably about three quarters of an inch from the string to the fret. lol. as for intonation...there isnt any. lol

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000