Guitar question for all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poole
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  02:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Poole's Homepage  Send Poole an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What kind of good guitar can i buy for 300-400 bucks that looks like Tim's and sounds really really good. ex: no cutaway, dreadknot, ect.

n/a

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2002 :  09:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For the money go for a used Martin DM. If for whatever reason that doesn't float your boat, Takamine makes a great entry level solid-top guitar for around that price. Ebony finish etc.
-J

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2002 :  2:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Try a Seagull

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

ngetal
Is Anybody Here?

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  12:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit ngetal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
seaguls rule, simon & patrick luthier guitars are made in the same factory as seaguls. both are usualy made of ceder woods,so they have a nice crisp sound,and can get very loud. check them out at www.lasido.com godin (seaguls electric brand) are pretty greta too. best of all there made in quebec.

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''
Go to Top of Page

tuckmart
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  4:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in that budget range, you should definatly consider a Tacoma DM-9. It might run you closer to $500, but it is just about the greatest guitar I have ever seen for under $1000 (or even 1500 for that matter). all solid wood, AMAZING sound. the only area where it is a little lacking is in its appearance. it does not have a flashy gloss finish or impressive inlays, but real musicians shouldn't be interested in that, now should we...

Go to Top of Page

tuckmart
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  4:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
in that budget range, you should definatly consider a Tacoma DM-9. It might run you closer to $500, but it is just about the greatest guitar I have ever seen for under $1000 (or even 1500 for that matter). all solid wood, AMAZING sound. the only area where it is a little lacking is in its appearance. it does not have a flashy gloss finish or impressive inlays, but real musicians shouldn't be interested in that, now should we...

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2002 :  5:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey tuckmart, Glad to have you here. Welcome aBOARD!! Hope you stick around. By the way, you know there is a button just above your post that looks like a trash can, it is the delete post button and can be used to remove your double post. In the long run it is a bad idea to leave duplicate posts. It slows down loading of pages and takes up space. Thanx!! Once again, glad to have you here, hope you keep posting.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  03:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You scared the new guy off, Fluffy...

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  12:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guess he didn't know he just had to sing to soothe the savage FLUFFY.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  1:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd better just play the radio for you, no singing here..

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Fluffy can't help it if he scaed off the new guy.....after all, he does have three heads.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmm.....you seem to know Fluffy a lot more personally than the rest of us....

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  3:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
MWAHHA. I didn't know if you'd catch that one. Wait, yeah I did. For a blonde, you don't miss much.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2002 :  5:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well that's because dumb blonde jokes are always directed towards girls.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2002 :  4:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.acousticguitar.com/issues/ag77/CoverStory.shtml

The Best Steel-Strings
Under $500

A review of 14 bargain acoustics

By Teja Gerken

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  02:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sandy Carl has every geetar there...adn more! I am not sandy carl..

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  5:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sandy Carl is who, again?

I'm schizophrenic. And so am I. am I. am I. am I.
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2002 :  5:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A two dimensional character i met in my dreams...we played a blue's clues type of game, only looking for his cookies...THAT is who Sandy Carl is.

"Sandy Carl, he's the one, YEAH!"

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  02:33:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How can he play the sitar-banjo when he's two-dimensional?

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2002 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
A two Dimensional sitar-banjo.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  12:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Touche!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  1:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Je pète dans votre direction générale, écume!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  1:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nous avons perdu tous les signes de vie, le docteur! Attendez, vous n'êtes aucun docteur ... vous ... est... GODZILLA!!!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2002 :  4:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
J'accuse!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  01:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lost i am (yoda voice)

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2002 :  03:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, not ready are you.

But there's a city in the clouds where they keepin' my groove.

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  12:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I crack in your head office!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2002 :  11:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Strong with the Force, am I, (yoda laugh)

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  8:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Crazy you both are.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  9:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Je ne mérite pas d'être corné à. Je dois trouver ma voie au marché avant que mes pêches ne deviennent pourries. Une fois qu'ils font, je ne serai jamais capable de construire des seaux pour ma grand-mère de nouveau.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  9:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
¡Soy bilingüe!

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  9:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wha?

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  9:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://translation2.paralink.com/
\
In french and spanish.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  9:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After translating, I repeat my earlier statement......Wha?

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2002 :  10:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
how did we get from the Force...to French....?

Using The Force Daily...
NeverKillADream@aol.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000