How sad are the mtv movie awards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  9:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
they get eminem, the white strips, and kelly ossbourn as the music guests.

10 minutes in and sarah is already lip synking to a song.

If it wasnt for jack this would totaly suck balls, because it does infact suck balls.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sarah Michelle Gellar is perfect... I could watch this on mute and still enjoy it. Damn Freddie Prinz Jr.... damn him to hell.
-J

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The MTV awards are on again..already, didn't they just do that last year? Oh Jack rules, why did they make him host it w/that Buffy chik?

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would gladly become a vampire just to get sLAYED by Buffy.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i would glady become a bad actor so i could go on her show.

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  10:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe i'll catch it when they show it as a re-run over and over and over again. Lasts years award show they played back to back.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  11:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
She's going to leave her fruity husband and marry me. Chicks dig guys with guitars.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  01:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OOO, Chasing Amy's Ben Affleck!

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  02:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ha, thats, Phantoms' Ben Afleck.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  03:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Buffy=no....Oz(Seth Green)=YEA BABY...lol

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  12:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

ha, thats, Phantoms' Ben Afleck.

I hear dat!

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  3:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What????

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

mgodinez
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  5:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, I have bad feelings for MTV in general, so I can imagine how the MTV awards went.

In my mind's eye, I noticed that the music business became just that...a business, once MTV reared it's ugly head. I mean I'm not sayin' that MTV is absolutely responsible for the music industry's current state...but the influence is there. What I mean by business is: talent, God given musical ability, foresight into tonal realms only imagined by mere mortals are more and more becomin' less important, in terms of who 'Makes' it and who doesn't in the music buiz. I mean you can be tone deaf, suffer from lack-o-rhythm, etc., but if you look good on stage, dance like a bamboon havin' an epileptic fit...then you'll make it in the music industry. Talent doesn't really mean shit any more, when it comes to landin' a record deal...much less if the music sounds good.

Allow me to watch that first step, as I get off my soap box.

mgodinez.

Seattle, Wa
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  12:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Point well spoken.

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  03:23:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not!” -Van Morrison

The business sux, but that's life. People would be amazed at the kickass bands that never get heard beyond their local scene.

"Women and rhythm section first."
Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Go to Top of Page

Ginohassideburns
Try A Little Harder

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Ginohassideburns an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what has happened to MTV? it used to actually play music videos. Now its a bunch of reality shows with TRL thrown into the mix. The only actual video play I ever see is in the morning when I am getting ready for school. I suggest you call you local operator and get MTV2 its a great channel when they aren't playing rap.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  10:20:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to say... if MTV hadn't been a catalyst, I think something else would have. My only beef with MTV nowadays is that it's gotten away from what it originally was. They rarely show videos, and when they do show them at an hour when people are awake, it's just top 40 stuff. I just don't like that they try SO hard to cater to 12 year old girls instead of actually showing music.
-J

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  12:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I try to cater to 12 year old girls. Just like R Kelly.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  3:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, that's not nice.

She was 14. And he caters to them by pissing on them, among other things. What a freak.

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  3:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I betcha Michael Jackson is glad the heat is off him for once.

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  4:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, and R got caught on tape...that's a great idea, tape yourself w/ a minor!

"I thought she was 35!"

Mr. Jaco Pastorius
Go to Top of Page

mgodinez
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2002 :  7:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, i don't know what is up w/ r. kelly. first of all, i feel a flame comin' up my ass for even mentionin' his name (at least I didn't use a blink 182 reference :0), blink dude, come back!!!). me thinks that r. kelly was sufferin' from 'anonymous cock syndrome', basically meanin' that he was gettin' so much play, i'm sure he thought he could bed just about anyone and it would be all good. but the man sees all and i'm sure r. kelly isn't so far gone that he cannot see that yet.

mgodinez

Seattle, Wa
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  9:56:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hahahahaha!!!! I was sitting on the couch watching TV when my mom comes in and picks up the remote. I ask her what she's doing and she says "I want to watch the MTV movie awards". I asked why in hell would she want to watch that crap......and she said because she likes Jack Black in High Fidelity and he was hosting. Luckily, I was able to talk my mother out of going blind.....and we watched the History channel......what a great channel. They can makes something like the history of salt mines interesting.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000