Ice Cream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  12:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering 2 things...what is everyones favorite kind of Ice Cream, and what is TIMs?

*~Kaleigh~*

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  1:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's this place out in California called Cold Stone - their deal is they make the ice cream freash every day and when you order it they put it onto a big slab of granite that's frozen (refrigerant runs through it) and mix in all the shit you want.

My favorite combos...

-Mint Ice Cream, Brownie, Oreo's
-Cheescake Flavored Ice Cream, Strawberries, Graham Cracker Pie Crust

Hell yeah.

---------------
Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque

"I heard Tim stopped playing with Dave when he got pregnant"
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  1:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mint Chocolate Chip

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  2:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ice cream is bad for you.

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  2:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You think Xar??? I love ice cream. Especially Ben and Jerry's.
If I didn't eat ice cream for the calories I would be thinner than I am right now. And I don't want to get any thinner. Plus it has lots of calcium, which I need for my crummy bones....It sucks getting old.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
. Especially Ben and Jerry's.

I know where you can find lots of B&J's....everyday!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  3:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes....I believe it's Vermont's Finest!!!

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  4:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOps!
Lesson #1.....it's Vermont's Phinest!
Don't worry, I'll show you the ropes.

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  5:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
cookies and/or cream.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  6:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll eat just about any ice cream of the female variety (i.e. without nuts.)

But I'm not a big ice cream eater, so I don't have a definate favorite.

And to answer your other question...if Starbuck's has an ice cream flavor, I'm sure that's TR's favorite.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The DMB ice cream called "One Sweet Whirled" is pretty good

---------------

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  7:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't want to be the first to mention it. But yes, One Sweet Whirled is good. Or I should say, "I do like One Sweet Whirled." Saying it's good would be indicating that it would be good to everyone, when in fact I don't know that it would. I only know that it is good to me.

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  7:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah - I posted that with a cringe and got the fire extinguisher ready for a potential anti-DMB flame war.

But, let me say, that if Tim had an ice cream I would certainly enjoy it...here are some possible names...

Rheginos and Raspberries
Try a Little Heath Bar
Stranger in a Strawberry Land

---------------

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  7:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How about "An Ice Cream Called Psycho?"

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  8:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't help but look at a song list and get a few ideas for ice creams. ... ...

Singular Obsession - Good without even changing the name...
Something Nasty - might not sell a lot of this one...
Big Butt Pie - this one either...
Beneath The Surface - and put something beneath the surface of the ice cream...it would RULE!
Bowl of the Almond - even tho I hate nuts...
Hermetic Dew Drops - and make it a melon ice cream, if there is such...just sounds mellony to me.
There is No Judgment - this one is for fat people.

Ha, that's some good stuff. But we don't want TR to sell out like this, now do we. I didn't think so. Not that any aforementioned musicians have done such by advertising for themselves this way....I'll shutup now.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  8:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thats hilarious, I prefermint oreo but all the Dave ones sound interesting

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  8:58:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I posted that with a cringe and got the fire extinguisher ready for a potential anti-DMB flame war.

Oh we're definitely not anti-Dave here....BUT you can't say
"Flame" on the TR message board. New unwritten rule! No flaming anything unless Jay is talkin about flaming his kind! HeeHee.

Dave did a press release about the new B&J's flavor. He and B&J's
are giving 100% of the proceeds to help fight global warming.
So I'd say that's a really cool thing to do. (No pun intended)

quote:
Singular Obsession - Good without even changing the name...
Something Nasty - might not sell a lot of this one...
Big Butt Pie - this one either...
Beneath The Surface - and put something beneath the surface of the ice cream...it would RULE!
Bowl of the Almond - even tho I hate nuts...
Hermetic Dew Drops - and make it a melon ice cream, if there is such...just sounds mellony to me.
There is No Judgment - this one is for fat people.

quote:
How about "An Ice Cream Called Psycho?"

We have the makings for our own company of frozen
creamy delights right here!!! A few flavor ideas are
coming to me now.

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  10:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't forget the caramel topping!!!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2002 :  11:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mmmmmmmmmm.... caaaaarrrraaaamel.... *insert Homer Simpson sound here*

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  11:59:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You think Xar???

Yeah, but I am kind of a health freak. I only eat high-glycemic carbohydrates after I lift weights (and that is in the form of a protein shake with dextrose). The rest of the day I only eat lean proteins, fruits/vegetables, healthy fats and water.

I only eat one bad meal a week and ice cream isn't tasty enough to waste it on. I usually eat pizza.

-Xar666

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  12:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
and dont forget fucking dead bodys, that cant be too good for you.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  1:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah, but I am kind of a health freak. I only eat high-glycemic carbohydrates after I lift weights (and that is in the form of a protein shake with dextrose). The rest of the day I only eat lean proteins, fruits/vegetables, healthy fats and water.

I only eat one bad meal a week and ice cream isn't tasty enough to waste it on. I usually eat pizza.

If I ate like that I'd be pissing out of my ass

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  1:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

and dont forget fucking dead bodys, that cant be too good for you.

If you use protection, you've nothing to worry about. (Aside from breaking a piece of your date's body off.)

-Xar666

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2002 :  5:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am lactose intolerant so I don't eat ice cream much. When I do, I prefer sorbe's and italian ice's. Ice creams with water bases are much better for me than milk based ones. Faves:

Strawberry
Lime
Banana
Lemon
Cocoanut
or almost any berry flavor(except of course dingleberry flavor)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  12:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh. I got some ice cream today (in honor of this thread). So when I did, the auto coupon-er thing printed me a coupon. I looked at it just now, and I see that it is for Starbucks(R) Ice Cream. So they DO make ice cream.

That's just in response to my suggesting that TR's favorite was probably something made by them...at the time I didn't know that they did make ice cream...so now I really bet that if he eats ice cream, it's the Starbucks(R) kind. Try all seven coffee flavors! Fresh roasted ice cream. MMMmmmm.

And I only suggested that because of Kaleigh's second question in this thread. That's all.

Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  03:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

(except of course dingleberry flavor)

he he, lmao

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2002 :  12:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am lactose intolerant so I don't eat ice cream much. When I do, I prefer sorbe's and italian ice's. Ice creams with water bases are much better for me than milk based ones. Faves:

Strawberry
Lime
Banana
Lemon
Cocoanut
or almost any berry flavor(except of course dingleberry flavor)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Agreed...sorbet is the way to go whenever possible!

---------------

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  03:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to work at Swensen's ice cream parlor; I had two favorite flavors there: Swiss Orange Chip (there is a Starbuck's Frappacino flavor sort of like this flavor, which makes me very happy) and Frosted Chocolate Malt (which I have not found an equal to, which makes me sad).

I also had a favorite B&J flavor, but it's in the flavor graveyard. It was called Peach Raspberry Trifle. It was sooooo good.

I suppose it's just as well since I'm on the Atkins diet right now. Sort of like Xar's diet, only I don't do the post-workout carb thing. (In fact I don't do a heck of alot of the workout thing even.) I keep to 20-30 grams per day.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  4:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm scared of the Atkins diet. MY favourite ice cream is Strawberry sorbet or that shit with the peanut butter cups in it. When i am stoned, i'll eat any flavor of ice cream except dingleberry.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

aguitarwithakid
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  5:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to be dull but I can go with good old venilla.

mmmmmmmm.. ice cream....

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2002 :  7:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hahaha! I was laughin pretty good there! We are all saying stuff like double berry cheez whiz super combo strawberry shortcake spinach dingleberry asshole sandwhich with peanut butter pantihose, and you just say the basis of ALL ice creams, Vanilla!!!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  1:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Homemade vanilla is the best. I'll take that any day over something like One Sweet Whirled (just to pick a random example that has lots and lots of goodies in it).

Mmmmm... I wish I had some homemade vanilla right now....

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  1:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mmm..ice cream is yummy! homemade chocolate with oreos in it! that's one of my favs. that and ben and jerry anything.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2002 :  9:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
" And your Kid has a face like a walnut from the ice cream, from the ice cream, from the ice cream........."

Jay
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2002 :  9:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

When i am stoned, i'll eat any flavor of ice cream except dingleberry.

So when you're not stoned....you'll eat dingleberry? How wierd.

quote:

Just grab some vanilla ice cream and put a brownie under it!!!!

My favorite that I get from Cold Stone would have to be Vanilla ice cream with Heath bar and Reese's Peanut Butter cup!! Mmm-mmmmm!!

But for my favorite that I can get from the store.....there's this one that I can't remember the name of that has peanut butter cups, caramel, and chocolate in vanilla ice cream. The name has something to do with a moose or something.....or maybe the company's name has something to do with a moose.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2002 :  11:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
So when you're not stoned....you'll eat dingleberry? How wierd.
Yes, that is very true.

Jay
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  04:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Commenting on the Xar part of this thread, I think everyone has overlooked the obvious. Couldn't you pack body parts in ice cream and keep them fresh? Maybe that could be the "surprise" "Beneath the Surface". It does seem awfully suspicious that Xar's propensity for "cold things" precludes ice cream.

(new paragraph for Teri)

As for TR's favorite flavor, I would guess he would answer some kind of chocolate as he is a BIG chocoholic. He loves desserts in general. It is not uncommon for us to stop somewhere after a gig for him to get dessert to take back to the hotel with him. He seems to be partial to chocolate desserts. The more chocolate the better.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2002 :  5:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm, well as for my favorite.. its a brand you buy in some stores (although I havent seen it anywhere lately) called Moose Tracks. It has whole peanut butter cups and chunks of swiss chocolate! Actually I am lactose intolorant too but it doesnt stop me!! actually it helps me win all the farting wars my roomies and I have.

As for Cold Stone, I didnt know those were exclusive to CA. I guess I should be pretty lucky because there is one right down the street from me.

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  11:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's the one I was talking about!!! Moose Tracks!! That's my favorite too!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000