Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 and now for something completely different...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  7:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I clicked on Netscape today, instead of IE, to get into the message board and it looks COMPLETELY different. The background of everything except "Message Board" and "Login" is white. It's messing up my head...

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  7:50:45 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hmmm, i'm not seeing anything like that Teri so I have no idea what's up.

On a related note, I noticed that download.com has the new trial version of explorer, has anyone tried it out?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm back in the lovely green, gray and black world of IE now, but could it have been the fact that I was using Netscape 6?

Also, i'm using my computer at work, so i don't get any cool new stuff until they say so.

teri

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just in case:

Why am I at work, you ask? Because its easier - sort of - to work on my master's class here than at home where there's a TV. So instead of TV, I use the message board for procrastinating.

Good thing I have until Monday at 5PM to finish two papers for the darn class. Speaking of which, one of my papers is on business ethics. Does anybody have any good info on whether a corporation can be charge with murder in the death of an employee?

teri

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well......I don't have any good info, but I think thay should at least have some sort of fund in which the widow or family members should get some collateral. Also, it depends on the situation. Did the employee die because of his own neglegence? Or did the corporation fail to teach safety classes or post signs? I'm sure it would be quite hard to charge someone with murder since almost all employee deaths in corporations are accidents (just a guess).

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The professor talks about an employee's right to a safe workplace. So I guess that's what I'm looking for. Instances where people died because the safety at work was not sufficient. The only case I've found online was the ValuJet crash in Florida back in '99. The company was charged with murder since they did illegal/dangerous things that made the plane blow up.

teri

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  9:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah.......I really can't see very many corporations murdering their employees. I know that they can be evil, but if they start killing their own people, then that's just bad for business.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  9:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There was apparently a company called "Film Recovery Systems" where it did happen. What an evil guy.

teri

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  9:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Really?? What happened?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  9:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Prosecutors in Cook County, Illinois, brought murder charges against three corporate executives of Film Recovery Systems Inc., a firm that recovered silver from used photographic film. The company’s employees worked around large vats of bubbling cyanide—but their foreman didn’t tell them what it was. Indeed, employers had scraped off the warning labels, reassured the workers it was harmless and provided no protective gear. After a 61-year-old Polish immigrant succumbed to the hydrogen cyanide fumes and died, the ensuing investigation led to the murder charges. The executives were convicted and sentenced to 25 years in prison. Since that time, lawmakers have passed numerous laws that threaten jail time for decisions that result in injury to employees."

ref: http://www.entrepreneur.com/Magazines/Copy_of_MA_SegArticle/0,4453,289321----2-,00.html

teri

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000