Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 If Tim Reynolds had been born in Spain...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  6:47:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His name would be Paco de Lucia.

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  6:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If he was born in Germany, his name would be Tim Re...

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  8:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay.......TR was born in Germany.

quote:
Born in Weisbaden, Germany, the son of a devoutly religious military man, Tim spent much of his childhood moving-from Alaska to St. Louis and through much of the Bible-belt Midwest.

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  8:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he was already in that knowledge.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  8:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you saying he was making a funny? I didn't get that either. Thanks for cluing me (and Liz) in!

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  9:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Teri I didn't get it. But I don't get most of Jay's humor anyway!
He's a silly boy!! Love ya Jay, keep amusing me, I guess I'll catch on someTIMe. LOL!

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  10:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, in order to get back on topic, I suppose I'll have to explain....I meant that this guy Paco de Lucia was a really really great guitar player, but he plays Spanish music. Flamenco type stuff. The guy's really great, and that's the comparrison I was making. Sorry for my being lame.

And yes, I think Jay was making a funny.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  10:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've never liked that comparrison, I always here people ripping on TR saying that "Oh he's not that great, he's not as fast as Paco" Well the deal with Paco is that he is a great flemenco player, and thats all. Tim can do that, but he can also do hundreds of other things. I seriously doubt that Paco can play lead electric guitar, or that he can program drum tracks. Thats why I always consider TR to be so great, he is MULTItalented.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  10:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh and by the way.. at the Coach House show, Tim said that his Zen Master officially changed his name to "aaaaahhhhhhh". VibenVixen can back me up on this one.

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  11:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm still not making myself clear. I'm not comparing TR to Paco as much as Paco to TR. There's a difference. I was intending to mean that TR was the better player...but you're right, that didn't come thru.

Ok, well, now I'm the dummy. I'd just never heard Paco until now, and I was thoroughly impressed.

Sorry for this whole thread. I apologize to all. Not one of my shining moments.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  7:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was stating the obvious...I got a kick oot of you guys though! Thanks Liz!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome Jay. I think my neurotransmitters have been malfunctioning lately. Keep me laughing Jay!!!

Go to Top of Page

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
riiiiiiiiiiiight, stop aruging and dont let the blessing leave when ya hit the bathroom okay?
Lmao.

Go to Top of Page

mgodinez
Is Anybody Here?

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  9:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm...pretty sincere apology. pretty deep...

Well, if Tim were born in Spain, I think his name would be Don Thomas Renaldo.

And for those wonderin'...no, I'm not makin' a funny, this is my sincere guess.

mgodinez

Seattle, Wa
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  9:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good. Now I have something else to download.

?uoyt' ner a, mehtf oenoer 'uoY
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  12:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh and by the way.. at the Coach House show, Tim said that his Zen Master officially changed his name to "aaaaahhhhhhh". VibenVixen can back me up on this one.

he has a zen master!?!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  11:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
No......he refers to him as his High Commander.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000