Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  12:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After noticing suggestions of other musicians, I thought I'd check out some of them. I listened to Kelly Joe Phelps and thought he was good.

Then I got some stuff from Jack Johnson, which was suggested by a friend a while back. He's surprisingly good, and it's kind of a fresh type of music, maybe a mix of Ben Harper, G Love and KJP. If you've got a fast connection and some HD space, get a few of his songs. Flake is good, as is Bubbletoes, and probably whatever else you pick. His BIO is even pretty interesting...you can get that at cdnow.com.

Peace, and I'm open to suggestions. I'm looking for some stuff to download now, while audiogalaxy is still legal. So drop them here.

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  12:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the best one I've heard yet is the one labeled "Drink The Water" (but I believe it is actually Brushfire Fairytales, the title track). I think that's probably one of the best ones.

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  5:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah "Brushfire Fairytales" is worth buying if you like slide/folk guitar. That cd would sound great played on the beach sitting around a bonfire. Ben Harper guests on slide for one song on the cd. Good stuff.

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2002 :  7:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dig Jack Johnson, original tunes, catchy rhythms, Ben Harper on "Flake," good lyrics, and a well mixed album. I also recommend checking out "Rodeo Clowns" by G-love and Special Sauce, it features J.J. on guitar and it's an addictive tune.
Peace Be With
-WBB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000