Caramel M&M's
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  2:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must thank Teri for introducing me to caramel M&M's!
Hey Teri, do you think Fluffy could bring back a case
of them for me? They are sooooo goooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope they market them in the east soon.

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  3:05:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Those sound orgasmic. I am a freak for caramel. Are you saying that they're only out west for now?
-J

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  3:42:41 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just love caramel too! Anything with caramel is just yummy!!
Teri will have to refresh my memory on the 2 places they are
available, but Cali is one of them. I have one bag left and I'm rationing them! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  5:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They are "dulce de leche/caramel" flavor and are/were test marketed in areas that have lots of hispanics. I first saw them in Puerto Rico last Thanksgiving and then started seeing them in L.A. a month or so later. I wrote an email to the M&M website and they are supposed to also be available in Atlanta. I would also guess somewhere in Texas, but am not sure.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Y do only the hispanics get them!? RACIAL PROFILING!!!!!

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  8:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wait a tic... Atlanta? I know someone who lives there...
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  8:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rew says hispanics are the only ones who get them because they are the only ones who know what dulce de leche means, except of course Haagen Daaz fans. Rew discovered them in Cali as well and really liked them. He was bummed to hear that is the only place they are available. Maybe we can work out something with Teri to supply the east coast with them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  04:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We have those???? I gotta get to a store!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  6:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pc said
quote:
we have those???? i gotta getto a store!
i dobn't kno why but that tickled me funny bone.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

My_Bad_Side
Alien Abductee

2000 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  7:07:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Silky, as much as I liked the women...this new signature is seriously the shiznit. If you did a little transparent fade on the edges, I would say that it's absolutely perfect. Not that you need my help with design, obviously. Excelent work.

No one understands me.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  8:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks mister mystery. I actually did play with some different edges like you said, but it looked best with a sharp edge so I kept it like that. So uh... what you been up to lately?
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  06:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Evilness, I am sure!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2002 :  9:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i sat on a woopie cushion today and it went WOOPIE

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

revrendmaynard14
Chatterbox

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2002 :  11:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Send revrendmaynard14 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Whoopie..to carmel M&M's *hehe*

*~Kaleigh~*
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was in a Naval Exchange in Maryland last week and saw some Dulce de Leche M&Ms there. So there is hope on the East Coast after all!

teri

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was looking for info about where to buy them and I found this article from last fall if it interests anyone:

The Latino market in the U.S. has a purchasing power of $325 billion. It should come as no surprise that companies have begun to cater to this demographic segment, which is expected to become the second largest consumer group in the country by 2010, accounting for nearly 15% of the total U.S. population. To that end, M&M/Mars introduced a dulce de leche-flavored M&M, inspired by the traditional Latino caramel sweet.

M&M/Mars researchers swirled dulce de leche with chocolate, wrapped it in a candy shell and created their newest flavor of M&M.

The company has a multi-million sales target for the first year, according to Roberto Garcia, ethnic marketing manager for M&M/Mars. “Dulce de leche is a well-known flavor with a successful track record among all consumer groups,” says Garcia, “so although the new M&M’s variety was designed with Latino taste buds in mind, everyone is sure to love the rich and creamy combination.”

Demographic studies suggest that more than 40% of all new consumers over the next decade will be Hispanic, a group that tends to be very brand-loyal. “Through this unique new flavor, the M&M’s brand will aim to strengthen its relationship with the increasingly influential Latino community,” concludes Garcia.

teri

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I finally found the list of cities:

Dulce de leche will make its debut in mid-August in San Diego, Los Angeles, Miami, Puerto Rico, San Antonio and Brownsville.

teri

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HERE IT IS:

If you're willing to buy 24 bags at a time, you can order Dulce de Leche M&Ms at this website:

http://www.candydirect.com/html/eng/274627-AA.shtml

teri

p.s. I know the last three or four posts are mine, but I figure I'll never get anywhere near three guitars if I keep editing old posts.
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2002 :  8:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Teri. They aren't available in Delaware that I can see. My next trip to the Baltimore/DC area I will have to look for them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000