Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So I was watching Eyes Wide Shut last night.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joemoe
Try A Little Harder

77 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  08:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
trying to figure out what the hell was going on! That movie's wierd as hell, especially the massive orgy scene with the piano playing. Anyone see it?

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, strange and confusing as hell.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  2:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
never seen it, perhaps i will have to check it out. i love movies that u dont understand after they are over. much much better then you average hollywood crap, (cough)teen movies(cough)

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  3:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I understood it perfectly... it was Stanley Kubrick trying to waste 3 hours of peoples' lives. It is definitely 3 hours of my life I would like back.
-J

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2002 :  8:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that movie completely sucked ass. I've never liked any of his movies because they are so God damn slow!

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  12:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like that movie. Stanley Kubrick's movies are slow?

Have you never seen "Full Metal Jacket" or "A Clockwork Orange"?

Hey HTG, aren't you only 16? Your not supposed to be watching R rated movies.

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  12:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
never seen it, heard it was really odd...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  1:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HATED IT!

I paid money to see that in the theater. I was so sad. My roommate wanted to leave before it was over, but I said maybe it would get better. I was SO wrong.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  1:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i competely agree. that has to be one of the weirdest movies out there. but i must say, seeing nicole kidman's tits made it one of my favorites.

reese

Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  1:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i competely agree. that has to be one of the weirdest movies out there. but i must say, seeing nicole kidman's tits made it one of my favorites.

reese

Go to Top of Page

Reese
Try A Little Harder

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  1:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Reese an AOL message  Reply with Quote

reese

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  2:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Reese, LOL! You made your point about Nicole Kidman's tits.
I haven't seen the movie, it looks like it gets a thumbs down
from most of you. I tend to like the bizarre and weird movies though.
I don't want to see Nicole's twin peaks!

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  3:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There were naked women in it everywhere, yet my friend whom I saw it with, who is just as male as I am, managed to fall asleep in the theater. I woke him up and asked him, "If you fall asleep again, do you want me to wake you up again?" To which he replied, "No."

That should give you an idea as to the magnitude of sucking of this film.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  4:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ha, 'hey man, u feel asleep.... do u want me to wake u up?

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2002 :  4:58:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hey HTG, aren't you only 16? Your not supposed to be watching R rated movies

Thanks dad. But I caught it on digital cable.

"I tell you what, I'm not that easily amused ...wow, a blue car!" Homer Simpson.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  03:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

ummmmmm.........2001?

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  12:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

ummmmmm.........2001?

Have you never seen "Full Metal Jacket" or "A Clockwork Orange"?

You probably dislike movies with a lot of dialogue too, right?

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2002 :  06:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Xar, we have already been there with pcbdmb, he seems to have lost his coat with the video of Clockwork Orange in it. I have even tried reverse psychology on him and he seems uninterested in checking it out. Believe it or not, he has never seen NBK either. WEIRD!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2002 :  4:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Full Metal Jacket is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIES! I own it on DVD. The lines from Sgt. Hartman are the greatest: "you had best un-fuck yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!" LOL!!! I was watching the History channel one day and he was on. He actually was a Drill Sgt for Nam, and all of his lines were not scripted, they were just him being him. He said after Nam you couldnt hit Privates anymore but back then it was easier to beat the guy up to get a point across. That is some crazy stuff.

As far as Eyes Wide Shut, it is one that I saw once, but I need to go back and watch it again to fully grasp it. Now Clockwork Orange is a whole different story. I just ecently re-watched form the first time, hoping that since I am older and smarter now I'll be able to grasp it... AND IT IS STILL JUST TOO WEIRD!!! Maybe I should watch it with subtitles so I can uderstand the dialog

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2002 :  10:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have seen Full Metal Jacket.....and I liked that one. Very good. And I still have yet to see Clockwork Orange.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  6:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here is a link to some of the sounds I was talking about: gotta love that Drill Sgt!!

http://www.moviesounds.com/fmj.html

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:26:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How tall are you?!
5'9"...
BULLSHIT!!! I didn't know they stacked shit that high!!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL, thats one of my favs too!

I use "What is this Mickey Mouse Shit" as my error sound

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2002 :  8:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha!!! That's great.

"BULLSHIT! I bet you're the type of guy that would fuck a guy in the ass and not have the common courtesy to give him a reach-around!!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2002 :  03:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Shit, forget that link I posted above, THIS one is way better!!!
It has all of the good ones!

http://www.celebritysoundboards.com/fmj.html

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000