L.A. is my lady!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2002 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I don't really mean that, but I have really been looking forward to the LA HOB show and we arrived in LA late last nite, after a beautiful drive between the Sierra Nevada Mts and the Inyo Mountains. SNM on the right, IM on the left. Whatta site. The Carson City NV show was a blast, what a GREAT audience!!! And a SOLD OUT audience to boot. TR really enjoyed that show. He played his newest addition to the setlist, Assimilation. This song is a cover song of a Skinny Puppy song that TR arranged for the acoustic guitar. He premiered it at the Boom Boom Room in SF CA. Still waiting to find out if it got recorded or not. The show in Carson City, which was the second performance of the song, was recorded. He has given it kind of a psuedo-flamenco feel. He managed to incorporate a little snatch of Kundalini Bonfire into its premiere performance as someone had requested that TR play that song at the Boom Boom Room when they met TR at Sweetwaters the nite b4. TR told him he had not been playing that on this tour but that he was working on the Skinny Puppy cover and it was kinda flamenco so he thought he might be able to incorporate the 2. He did and it rocked. Well it is really early and I have not been to bed. We have an early load in tomorrow so I should try to prepare myself mentally and physically. I am so excited about seeing everyone all in 1 place. Wish you could all be here as well. I know you are in spirit.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2002 :  12:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This is going to be so cool! I can't wait for the show tonight! It's going to be great putting faces to a fews of these crazy guys on the board. It will definitely be the mother of all shows for me! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2002 :  12:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jon Soldo!!! Wish you were here too! I hope to get the sound board hookup so you can hear the show Jon. Don't work too hard. I'll tell ya all about it when I get back. By the way, my son went to the incubus show on saturday and said the show was excellent. He said they were great seats too. I'll catch them another TIMe, this was worth the sacrifice.

Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2002 :  1:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any idea if this will be something that will have video on the HOB site for those of us not fortunate enough to be there live?

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  02:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Any idea if this will be something that will have video on the HOB site for those of us not fortunate enough to be there live?

Hopefully Surfer X will have some good video from Monday night at HOB. He said some guy kept getting in the way and he had to move alot, but he'd let us know.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2002 :  02:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

He played his newest addition to the setlist, Assimilation... and it rocked.

It rocked again at the House of Blues. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pick it out, but it was totally obvious once he started playing it.

I wanted to hear the original, so I went looking for it on the Internet. Can anybody tell me if this is it:
http://www.claassen.net/arne/etherring/mp3/assimilatetheborg.16.mp3

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  8:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey y'all...My video came out really good, but the audio from the crappy mic on the camera sucked. So, on that note...I'm patiently waiting for Liz K's SBD pull to sync to the video

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurfFilez27
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2002 :  11:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Zac! It was very nice meeting you at the show. As soon as I get it converted, it will be in the mail to you! Email me with your snail mail address ok...

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  06:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, The link does not work for me, but I don't think that is it. The song is a Skinny Puppy track from the album Bites. It is also on the Singles Collection. Maybe you cannot locate it online with this info. I checked CDNOW.com and unfortunately it does not have a sample of the track from either CD. Good luck and LMK what you think.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000