05/09/02 San Francisco, CA Boom Boom Room
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ujohnb01
Chatterbox

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  2:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ujohnb01 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
After writing a twenty-five page paper I descended on JOhn Lee Hooker's Boom Boom Room in the heart of Japan town In beautiful downtown San Francisco. This was my 6th time seeing Tim, four solo show and two Dave and Tim. Tim took the stage @ around 11:15 P.M. From the first note, the crowd was awestruck. In every direction, I saw people just staring in disbelief. Like any true virtuoso, Tim made his craft look effortless, carefully weaving drum and bass beats with a heart ppounding electric lead. What so suprised me was the shear melodic temperment which. He knew when it was time to shread and he knew when it was time to lay back and lose himself in the groove. My show highlight of the night was definitely Hopeful Heresy, it was just an amazing version. Overall, I give the show an A+. I met Rwe and Fluffy for the first time. There are really nice people and very approachable. NOw let's get to the real deal. I met TIM! I talked to him for about five minutes after the show. He was a really nice person. I am glad to see that fame has not gotten to his head. So anyway, we talked and I told him I was having a little trouble getting hopeful heresy down. he then proceeds to pick up his guitar and show me exactly how to play. I was shocked. I got a personal guita lesson from Tim. Are you fucking kidding me? I can die now. Life is good. Thank yoou Rew, Fluffy, and Tim for making Thursday a night I will never forget.
Brian

On the 1st day God created Tim.

groovologist
Is Anybody Here?

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  3:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Send groovologist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
do you remember the setlist?

Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2002 :  3:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an awesome story ujohnb01. Simply awesome. I don't know what else to say. I knew Tim was fan friendly, but showing you how to play a song is amazing.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000