Why Is It That......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2002 :  11:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Every car out there with 100 religious bumper stickers is owned by the worst driver on the road?

I was behind this guy with the following bumper stickers (that I can remember, there were many more):

A Jesus Fish
Jesus Saves
The JC in the circle
Are You Sure You're Right? (or something along those lines, about "nonbelievers")
Got Jesus?

There were about 10-15 more covering his back window and trunk, but those are all I can remember...well, the guy was doing 35 in a 55, holding up all kinds of traffic (i was the lucky guy RIGHT behind him), and then I changed lanes, to get around his ass, and eventually I had to turn left. Now, i NEVER like turning left on this road because its 55, and most people go like 70, and you have to go from 55 or 60 to Zero in like 3 seconds and turn left without spinning out. Well, i changed lanes, and a while down the road it was time for my turn, as soon as i brake, the guy changed lanes right behind me, i mean RIGHT behind me, I couldnt see the very front of his car in my rearview mirror, he almost hit me, and then swerved back into the other lane, never slowing down mind you, and almost got rear ended by another car.

Anyway, this is the 4th near accident I've had since sunday, and 3 of those have involved cars plastered with religious bumper stickers. What is the deal here?

To those of you who believe in God and may be offended by this post, I mean no offense, I'm just trying to decipher the connection between strong religious belief and bad driving skills. No where in my post did I refer to a non-belief in God (except the "non believers" bumper sticker reference) or did I slam anyone that believes in God. I wouldn't do this, because I know I am in the minority here, and that many on this board do believe in God, and I like everyone here, and don't want to start a religious debate.

And it is these people's right to put whatever bumper stickers they want on their car, theyre really into God and Jesus, so they plaster their God and Jesus bumper stickers all over their cars. Some are really into music, and plaster Disturbed and Tool bumper stickers all over their cars.

Again, I'm simply trying to figure out the connection between religious bumper stickers and bad drivers.

Or is it bumper stickers all together? Are the bumper stickers imparing vision??

Again, I am sincerely sorry if I've offended anyone, unless, that is, you have religious bumper stickers plastered all over your car and you are a terrible driver.

Adam

Music is more than notes on a page

I'm trying to spell what only the wind can explain

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Maybe God doesn't like you driving........

And I've never liked those people who put "Jesus is my co-pilot" bumper sticker on their cars. It just seems unnecessary. OK. So you like Jesus......you don't have to advertise it. I just see it as a way of showing off......you know, "I'm Catholic and you're not!" Or maybe it's the fact that most of the people I've met that are VERY religious and a little strange. I mean, I don't see priests with those bumper stickers.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  01:31:26 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well.., what do Christians have to live for? Their reward is in heaven, so why not just go on and get there?

I mean that in the strictest non-humorous sense. I realize that it's kinda funny, but really, that's their, goal, so why not 'accidentally' have it happen...?

Just a thought.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  06:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry it didn't sound offensive I think crappy drivers come in all religious forms. At least I experience at least one a day and they can't all be Christians!

The post reminded me of a van I saw the other day with all these satan bumper stickers

Smile...satan loves you
My satan is on the honor roll
You deserve a break today....at McSatan's(a picture of and upside down red devil fork on this one)

There were a few more but I can't remember then, but it was hilarious. So I'm trying to get a little closer just to get a look at the person driving, expecting to see somebody really scary looking, clad in black and shit and I get up to the drivers side window in the other lane(the van was driving 35 in a 65), and its this older womann with grey hair and a colorful polyester suit on. Both hands clutched to the wheel and bent up so her head was 2 inches from the steering wheel and I swear she was looking thru the steering wheel to look out the window and not over it. Pretty crazy!

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  07:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say that I've experienced the same thing driving behind the good 'ol trinity symbols and what nots. I think it's a shame how bad drivers are in the USA, and how easy it is to get a license. Wouldn't it be nice if people actually yielded the lane to passing cars, or slowed down once in while when somebody in front puts on their break lights - or the best in my opinion - why is that people speed up when there are rainy/snowy/icy road conditions and have bald tires. Maybe it's because their safety device is written on US coins... "In God We Trust" (The phrase was literally 'coined' in 1863, no pun intended)
Peace Be With
-WBB

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger" Nietzche
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these sticker's all kinda go back to the mentality of "my god can beat up your god" and what gets my ire up is christian one's that are take-offs of other religious ones, like one where i saw something eating up a darwin fish...i mean people need to get a life!

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A Darwin fish?
Please tell me what that is.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's a fish that is a take off of the jesus fish symbol, and it's a fish with legs, and it says darwin in the bubble. just a pro-evolution sticker. northernsun.com has a picture of it somewhere, just search for it there.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

genome
Fluffy-Esque

1098 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
O

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:40:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These are cool too...

and

(from photographs page, the tour van)

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  12:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for the elaboration patrick!

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  1:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

its this older womann with grey hair and a colorful polyester suit on. Both hands clutched to the wheel and bent up so her head was 2 inches from the steering wheel and I swear she was looking thru the steering wheel to look out the window and not over it. Pretty crazy!

I think you actually saw Satan there. I mean if Satan wanted to blend in, why not an old woman...then again if Satan wanted to blend in...why the Satan bumper stickers. Anyway, you were lucky you werent burned alive when you passed her/Satan.

Adam

Music is more than notes on a page

I'm trying to spell what only the wind can explain

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  5:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've had some pretty amusing things happen on my yearly raod trips with my parents. These are absolutely true, i jsut hought i'd say that.

In order from least funny to most funny:

While coming home from NC a long time ago, through the edge of a hurricane, there was a drunk driver behind us. This is not uncommon, but this guy was a sight to see! As he swerved around the road, we could see that he was singing wildly to a song. He was wearing one of those long, two pointed hats with ribbons hanging off of it. As he danced wildly, both hands coming off the wheel at times, he nearly ditched his car. Once the song he was singing too seemed to end, he threw up his left hand, blowing out the driver's side window. No shittin'

While going to Cedar Point Amusement Park, an African American family was behind us in a Cadillac. The entire family waqs extremely FAT. The mother, who was driving, kept yelling at the two kids in the back seat. the car was riding on it's axels, i should point oot. As the fighting in the car increased, the mother continually leaned backwards to yell at the children. Finally, one boy started to yell in the mother's ear. She simply smacked him in the face! As he fell backwards, teh girl in the back began to scratch the mother in the face. This prompted the mother to turn around, one hand on the whell, adn smack the daughter. The car was swerving around the road, going about 70. WE heard the sirens of one of Ohio's finest, and the car pulled over. When the police didn't stop them, we realized the cop was after US! We were let go withoot a fine...he didn't even bother to stop the swerving car full of pshycotic fighting speeders.

Here it is, the mother of all my experiences. While coming home from WV, a red truck was following us. As it made every turn we did, we began to grow suspicous. The truck had Wyoming liscense plates (WOW) and was driven by a large, hairy, shirtless man. Finally, he tried to pass us. As he did, I could see that his eyes were half closed, and that his mouth was opened. I thought, " Why is this man DRIVING with his eyes closed, is he sleeping?" Just as he got even with my window, i saw a huge head of hair pop up from his crotch. The hair belonged to a shirtless, hairy man. I can only GUESS what was gooing on in there...

So there they are...not funny at all...

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  5:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And my LONGEST POST EVER!!!!!!

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  5:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Holy jeebus... thas'sum craaaaaazy shit!
-J

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2002 :  6:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha, that last one was some funny shit!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  08:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
GuitarGuy wrote:
quote:
I think you actually saw Satan there. I mean if Satan wanted to blend in, why not an old woman...then again if Satan wanted to blend in...why the Satan bumper stickers. Anyway, you were lucky you werent burned alive when you passed her/Satan.
...and hopefully she/he was on his way to that little town in Florida. HEHE As for the "God is my Co-pilot" bumpersticker, seems to me if God were indeed your co-pilot you might want to turn the controls over to the co-pilot. I can't imagine God is as bad a driver as the folks with the bumpersticker on their cars.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  12:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here's a good one i saw, "god was my co-pilot, but we crashed into the mountains and I was forced to eat him."

Go to Top of Page

powdrdogdmb
Chatterbox

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  12:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit powdrdogdmb's Homepage  Send powdrdogdmb an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Just Part of the Rules of the Road."
Peace Be With
-WBB
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000