Im new to the Forum...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NeverKillADream
Yak Addict

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  12:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit NeverKillADream's Homepage  Send NeverKillADream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey all, 23 male classical & Acoustic guitarist here, tim's the best, im new to the forum, so i thought id introduce myself... stay cool..
Joe

To the world you may be just someone, but to just someone, you may be the world...

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD, foolio.

Unwritten Message Board Laws

-What-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe.... Welcome! Ah, one of my favorite Hendrix tunes!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LizK, you know Dave covered that one? I believe so, anyway...let me check...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well shit I can't check because DMBSourceInfo seems to be not running.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hendrix is one of my favs. I think you are right Jason.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  01:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't have the show that he did it on, but I do have a compilation on which it is. On the "Elements" that someone made, it is on there... But I don't have the source on it, so I can't say when the song was played originally. I might have to give it a listen to see what's up with him playing that...

-What-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  02:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eyes of the World was a great cover that DMB did after Garcia passed. I'm a bit of a Deadhead at heart too.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  09:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yep, 8.11.95 has that song (Eyes of the world). I have that one. So that's cool with me.

Matter of fact, I once made a compilation of songs played by DMB. It was only the covers they have done. It was pretty good, about three discs long. So that was on there. Good stuff.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  11:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just made one of all my favorites (at the TIMe)....

The Stone (T&D)
Let You Down (T&D)
Lie in our Graves (T&D)
Spoon (T&D)
Heathcliff's Haiku Warriors (Dave)
Song That Jane Likes (Dave)
Dreamed I Killed God (T&D)
Crush (T&D)
Bartender / Don't Drink the Water (Storytellers)
Blue Water
Get In Line
Spotlight
Help Myself

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  12:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
welcome

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  12:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You mean you just made a compilation? I kinda missed that...

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on Help Myself. I think that is the single least good song that DMB has. It is the only song that I willingly skip thru, on a regular listening basis.

Dreamed I Killed God, now that's a great one. Probably right up there at the top of my list.

-What-
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  2:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome foolio.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2002 :  7:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ahoy dere.

i'm keepin' TIMe with my own set of keys....
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2002 :  02:00:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Actually, I like Help Myself. Either that or I just like to play it.......either it's a lot of fun.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  02:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aBOARD NeKaD!!! Glad to have you here!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  03:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
LizK, you know Dave covered that one? I believe so, anyway...let me check...

werd, i got a copy of it... 11 mins long... no vocals though... just instramental.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2002 :  08:17:17 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Your's on the same date as mine? Cause if not, then we need to swap..

-what-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  09:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did I miss something or are you guys saying Dave covered a Dead song? I may have misread something. I got a little lost. This thread seems to jump about quite a bit.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  2:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I believe that's exactly what we're saying.

-what-
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2002 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Did I miss something or are you guys saying Dave covered a Dead song? I may have misread something. I got a little lost. This thread seems to jump about quite a bit.

Yes they did Fluffy.

quote:
Eyes of the World was a great cover that DMB did after Garcia passed.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  06:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW! I'd like to check that out sometime. What is it on?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  6:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have it Fluffy. It was recorded live at Berkeley 8/11/95.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  8:44:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear it sometime. Might be pretty kewl.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  9:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be happy to burn you a copy Mr. Fluffy.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That would be great, maybe I can get a copy of that when I get a copy of the Falls Church show and the HOB show from you as well. Can't wait to hear them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll be happy to hook you up with them Fluff. I'll give you a copy of the lame attempt at the cover art I did for the Falls Church show too. TR autographed the coverart for me. Please tell him thanks again for everything. Ahhhhh, I forgot to get a tour poster!!!! Do you have any left? If you do, please bring one back for me!!!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2002 :  10:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not a problem, can do on the poster. No need to thank TR, he wanted me to thank everyone who made the long trips to shows. It was greatly appreciated.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  09:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You Whoooooo, Oh Liz? I would love to hear that version of Eyes. Hook me up girl. I also heard they covered Lost Sailor/Saint of Circumstance by the Dead. Do you have that one. Thats the one I'd really love to get my hands on. Two of my fav Dead songs. There's also a copy of Cryptical Envelopment out there too!!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2002 :  09:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey girl! I just sent you an email! Glad to see ya here. I'll hook you up with the tune. I don't have any other dead covers. But I'll keep my eyes open for them!

Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2002 :  4:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Not a problem, can do on the poster. No need to thank TR, he wanted me to thank everyone who made the long trips to shows. It was greatly appreciated.

Oh but I must.... Thanks, thanks and ever thanks! Can't wait to see the poster!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000